Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Tim Donaghy Comments on Orlando-Bobcats Series

well i'm not going to jump the conspiracy train until i see this series, i think stan should just let dwight go up there and make body contact with some of these people, he's going to get the touch foul either way, might as well make a few guys think about barreling into any lane with no objective other than to get the foul.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

but who knows, a Lakers/Magic rematch couldn't be that bad.

You know I agree! Sure, maybe the bright shining LeBron Star won't be there, but there are plenty of players worth watching.

Ok, I'm pipe dreaming here...but let's say that we end up beating the Hawks and then we meet and beat the Cavs. Furthermore, during those two series', Vince Carter averages 25-5-5 and has all sorts of highlight reel plays. During the Hawks series, he and Joe Johnson go shot-for-shot during one of the games, with VC topping 40. Let's say he does the exact same thing with LeBron in the next series.

Under that pipe dream scenario, wouldn't the NBA and ABC be all falling all over themselves to market VC vs Kobe in an electrifying match-up?

I guess my point is, we are hardly chopped liver, even if the NBA prefers filet mignon.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Now, if he were to come out and say that he has it on good authority that Boston will win because Stern wants James to be disgrunted with Cleveland so that he bolts to New York, then I'm listening with interest!

This is pretty much how I see it... if Stern really wanted to control things, he would probably do his best to make LeBron hate the Cavs so much that he would bolt to the Knicks (Stern's team...). How do you do that? Make him lose in the 1st/2nd round of the playoffs.

Even if the league works that way I don't think that Stern wants to see Lebron in New York by all means. New York is a big market team regardless of Lebron. The Knicks have been sucking for ten years now but they are still doing fairly well (plus now they have a lot of money). Cleveland on the other hand is nothing without Lebron. If Lebron leaves the Cavs all the media hype and a lot of the 'fans' will be gone from Cleveland.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Magics Fan from Syria:

Tim Donaghy before the Hawks:Bucks Game 7

Tim Donaghy - All I can say is that the Hawks will be flying high after their next game....

Picking the Hawks to win Game 7 in Atlanta is a no-brainer. This means absolutely nothing.

Notice he said "after" their next game.

He means the Hawks will fly high against us.

so.... i came across this on craigslist.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/eve/1711466240.html

4/26-5/6: "The NBA Emperor Wears No Clothes" Orlando Magic Officiating Protest

quote:
Tired of the NBA ordering the officials to call garbage fouls on the Orlando Magic to keep a series close? Tired of seeing our #1 guy Dwight Howard riding pine on some bogus fouls designed to keep him off the floor and the Bobcats in the game for the sake of TV revenue? Sick of David Stern's veiled threats of suspensions, fines and bans for pointing out what everyone can plainly see with their own eyes? Haven't forgotten what we went through last year as they tried so desperately to arrange the Lakers Cavs finals? Well Stan and Dwight have to keep quiet but we don't!

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tim Donaghy before the Hawks:Bucks Game 7

Tim Donaghy - All I can say is that the Hawks will be flying high after their next game....

Picking the Hawks to win Game 7 in Atlanta is a no-brainer. This means absolutely nothing.

Notice he said "after" their next game.

He means the Hawks will fly high against us.

No he doesn't.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Tired of the NBA ordering the officials to call garbage fouls on the Orlando Magic to keep a series close? Tired of seeing our #1 guy Dwight Howard riding pine on some bogus fouls designed to keep him off the floor and the Bobcats in the game for the sake of TV revenue? Sick of David Stern's veiled threats of suspensions, fines and bans for pointing out what everyone can plainly see with their own eyes? Haven't forgotten what we went through last year as they tried so desperately to arrange the Lakers Cavs finals? Well Stan and Dwight have to keep quiet but we don't!

Did you find that or are you the one leading the protest bro??

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

Did you find that or are you the one leading the protest bro??

the only protest i would lead is to banish non mayo people... and i'm not your bro, pal (c ;

It did not take a genius to predict that one. After watching game 6, I knew the Hawks were going to win. I did not notice alot of bad calls for the games. Bucks just did not play well. Besides, I don't think Stern cared which team won because the Cavs could beat either team. I have a bad feeling that Stern is going do anything and everything to see that we never reach the ECF. IMO.

I think the officiating, for the most part, has at least been fairly consistent. Does that mean it's been good? No but if it's consistently bad for both teams, it all evens out.

I know a lot of you complain about fouls Howard gets but he certainly avoids whistles on a lot of plays that should garner one.

He also seems to be racking up a lot of mindless fouls he could easily avoid. When you're as physical as he is, you can't pick up fouls on plays where you can easily avoid contact or potentially make the smarter decision (i.e. not challenging a shot when you you're out of position or way too far away from the basket).

I guess that's where I personally see Howard get himself in trouble. The mental side of his game just hasn't progressed as quickly as the physical side. Some of the decisions he makes on defense, for someone as INSANELY skilled as he is defensively, are head scratching. If he would simply avoid those 1-2 dumb fouls he seems to rack up, he would be on the court for 4-5+ more minutes a game.