Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Tim Donaghy Comments on Orlando-Bobcats Series

From his facebook page:

quote:
I didn't see much of the game but some of those calls against D. Howard and the Magic were really hard to watch. Also, some of the calls that went against Boston seemed strange. I guess the bottom line was trying to extend those series.

Then he comments on a followup question

quote:
Hi Adam. It's all in the marketing plan. The NBA lost $400,000,000 this year, they will try anything.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/...Donaghy/190036783555

Not sure how much credibility he has, but read his facebook page. Kind of interesting. Somewhere in there he claims that the Spurs were the safer bet over the Mavericks because Stern will never allow Mark Cuban to get back to the finals, much less win it.

From his facebook page:

quote:
I didn't see much of the game but some of those calls against D. Howard and the Magic were really hard to watch. Also, some of the calls that went against Boston seemed strange. I guess the bottom line was trying to extend those series.

quote:
Hi Adam. It's all in the marketing plan. The NBA lost $400,000,000 this year, they will try anything.

Not sure how much credibility he has, but read his facebook page. Kind of interesting. Somewhere in there he claims that the Spurs were the safer bet over the Mavericks because Stern will never allow Mark Cuban to get back to the finals, much less win it.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

I must be the only one that thinks most of the fouls by dwight were self inflicted...oh well.

Well there were usually more than 1 per game that were total BS.

quote:

I must be the only one that thinks most of the fouls by dwight were self inflicted...oh well.

I mostly agree with you. Some of the fouls were definitely self inflicted. Others were phantom. Either way, he should NOT have fouled out in some of those games.

BTW, I posted this link for discussion; I don't necessarily agree with Donaghy but reading his FB page kind of get me thinking.

what's funny also, is that every time dwight makes a move, he always has that "AYYYYYYYYYY" yell like he just got fouled, then stares down the refs for a couple seconds, then runs back on defense haha. Or same thing if he makes it.

quote:

what's funny also, is that every time dwight makes a move, he always has that "AYYYYYYYYYY" yell like he just got fouled, then stares down the refs for a couple seconds, then runs back on defense haha. Or same thing if he makes it.

Well it's not only that. He's sometimes fouled while getting roubnds or while trying to put up shots and the refs don't call it.

I'd be pissed if I am constantly being held, flagrantly fouled, and fouled during shots and the refs don't call, MEANWHILE they call touchy fouls on me for standing still.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

From his facebook page:

quote:

quote:

Don't miss tomorrow's episode where Casey Anthony gives us parenting tips for Sandra Bullock and Bernie Maddoff will give us his take on the Goldman Sachs scandal.

quote:

I've mentioned this several times. Dwight thinks he's fouled on 99% of his moves.

Yeah, that facebook page is definitely good to stir up some discussion. Personally, (while I'm not a big fan of David Stern) I don't know how much stock I can put in the comments of an ex-referee who bet on games and went to jail for it.

quote:
Originally posted by Sebi:

Yeah, that facebook page is definitely good to stir up some discussion. Personally, (while I'm not a big fan of David Stern) I don't know how much stock I can put in the comments of an ex-referee who bet on games and went to jail for it.

People said the same thing about Jose Canseco.