Malachi

Cavs vs Celtics

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Bron has the talent, physically, but not mentally. I think he is tired of feeling like he has to carry that team completely in order to have a shot at winning. His real problem is that everything has been handed to him. MJ earned his respect. Seriously, the kid is knicknamed (get it?) "The King". What has he won? It's that sense of entitlement, that has not been earned, and that spreads out and infects his fans, that I absolutely loath.

A major part too is that Mike Brown caters to Lebron's needs. I don't think Doug Collins catered to MJ and Phil absolutely did not. If Lebron stays the Cavs will need a coach that doesn't give 2 hoots what Lebron thinks say JVG?

Mike Brown just does not know how to adjust and relies on 1 on 5 too much to win games.

LeBron could not handle JVG getting in his ear. He has too much atitude.

This. Lebron needs a coach with a smaller ego.

The thing with the Cavs is that they are BUILT for the regular season. Same as the Hawks. They are athletic and with teams not being able to prepare solely for them, they win a lot of games because of that. But in the end, basketball is a team sport and when ti comes down the a playoff series, their superficial ability to win games is negated.

The typical Magic fan has any number of reasons to want LeBron to stay in Cleveland.

First off, we know exactly how the Cavs fans feel now. We've been through it, and we wouldn't wish it on anyone. LeBron leaving the Cavs will not make the Magic fanbase feel better, no matter how much you buy into the notion that "misery loves company."

Also, don't forget that we may find ourselves in a similar situation ourselves in a few years. If Howard sees LeBron stay, it might make him think twice about leaving.

Secondly, from a selfish perspective, we need LeBron to stay in Cleveland to keep the competitive balance in the East. They can add as many second-tier players to that roster that they want, but it hasn't made the Cavs better than us. However, if LeBron should join Dwyane Wade in Miami, or if he and Bosh both go to New York, or even if LeBron joins Derrick Rose in Chicago, it will lead to a much tougher team to beat than LeBron in Cleveland.

I am not shocked by this at all. I've been saying for months that if the Cavs meet the Celts in a series the Celts would take it. the series is by no means over, but if the Celts hadn't let themselves down in game 1 it would be.

Interestingly enough, this implosion of sorts for the cavs serves up a question of which team do we want to play now? I genuinely don't know. I can see danger involved in both teams, and considering some of the C's have had a bit of a revival, they could potentially hold a bigger threat. Don't get me wrong, I still think the magic are a better team, but the series has provided a few things to think over. Lebron and the "magic killers" of shaq and 'twan or the C's and their big 3 or 4 with championship winning experience?

quote:
Originally posted by KingBeaterD12:

Interestingly enough, this implosion of sorts for the cavs serves up a question of which team do we want to play now? I genuinely don't know. I can see danger involved in both teams, and considering some of the C's have had a bit of a revival, they could potentially hold a bigger threat. Don't get me wrong, I still think the magic are a better team, but the series has provided a few things to think over. Lebron and the "magic killers" of shaq and 'twan or the C's and their big 3 or 4 with championship winning experience?

I thought about this as well. As i see it the problem with Cleveland is that they were designed to beat us. I have very little doubt that they would to be honest. But like Boston we are just built to win. It doesn't matter what style you play, Orlando can match up. The reason i want to play Boston is that we are basically a much better version of them.

We are built around great defense and 4 guys who can beat you on any given night. The main difference is we have a better bench. A guy like Redick who can chase down Ray Allen and Peaches can kill you from three. We are the 07-08 Celts.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

The thing with the Cavs is that they are BUILT for the regular season. Same as the Hawks. They are athletic and with teams not being able to prepare solely for them, they win a lot of games because of that. But in the end, basketball is a team sport and when ti comes down the a playoff series, their superficial ability to win games is negated.

LOL..The Hawks have no Center. They're not built for anything. They are a solid team and would cause problems for any team without a true Center.

The Cavs aren't built for the regular season. Their players are. Mo Williams is a no show every year in the playoffs, and if you take 16 points a game and 43% from 3 point land away from your lineup, to go along with terrible defense, your point spot is lackluster.

It's not about how a team is built. The team isn't the problem. No coaching, no preparation, and no balls is the problem.

I've said it on here many times before, and I'm even featured in someone's sig saying it..."Mike Brown is a terrible coach."

And to whoever said LeBron needs a coach with a small ego, you're wrong. LeBron is quite possibly the most coachable player in the NBA. Analysts say it, teammates say it, former coaches say it.

I don't know what his motive is, but if it's winning, I would bet money you could put him with any great HOF coach and there wouldn't be an issue.

But again, Mo Williams has killed this teams chances in the playoffs. If they are somehow lucky enough to get by Boston, at least Jameer Nelson isn't as tough of a matchup, but I doubt that happens.

Shaq has played fairly well, same for Jamison. LeBron's not played like LeBron, but with a team with the talent that Cleveland has, what he's doing should be enough. I haven't looked at the box score from last night, and I'm not going to, but I would imagine everyone off the bench played horrendous.

Go ahead and sleep on Jameer as being lesser of a matchup problem than Rondo.

With Rondo, you can try to contain, try to keep him from driving and dare him to beat you with jumpshots. With Jameer, he will absolutely KILL you if you do that, and if you try to take away his jumper, he will drive to the rim, collapse your defense, and either make the layup or kick out to one of several three point shooters (or toss a gimmee lob to Dwight).

He has stepped up his game this post season to mirror his pre-injury all-star season and it has been a thing of beauty.

Like Charles said in the beginning of this series, Mike Brown is the Celtics' best player.

He is doing so much wrong with the team, right now. He plays Antawn Jamison like a stretch four, even if that's not what he is (and it's making Garnett work a lot less on defense). It seems that the players have also tuned him out.

I saw it when they were blown out on game 2... I'd explain it, but I think if you watch it you'll get the impression I'm getting:

game 2 presser with Mike Brown:

LeBron (same game):

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/v.../james100503-1308279