Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Chuck on the 2nd Round

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin]

Its like someone from the San Antonio board coming over here and saying "YOU GUYS DONT KNOW BASKETBALL BECAUSE YOU BELIEVED THAT DALLAS WAS A GOOD BET TO GET TO THE FINALS". We made a slightly informed guess based on the handful of Mav games we saw against the magic and the few games we watched casually. We then used prior knowledge of the players on the Mav's roster to form an opinion. Is that opinion now wrong, probably, considering SA's lead in the series. Is that opinion deserving of ridicule? Absolutely not because it was made using sound reasoning.

Just an awful, awful, awful point. Heading into the season, three rosters looked outrageously stacked. Cleveland, San Antonio, and Orlando. Heading into the postseason, three rosters were playing like they are outrageously stacked. Cleveland, San Antonio, and Orlando.

i was speaking in general. You should be able to get the point

Antawn Jamison just isn't as good a basketball player as Rashard because when he was on a championship contender, he failed to achieve what his team should have and so far under Lewis all the Magic have done is overachieve. Shaq is just getting back from an injury that happened amid the "are the Cavs better without Shaq" statistical arguments. Orlando beat Cleveland last season. If you are playing simple logic and reason and have the Cavs winning the East, you're an idiot. Because they aren't the favorite, that is just factual. Better big man+Victory last sereies=favorite in every playoff environment in the history of the sport you are making too many assumptions. This section is an opinion. Someone can make a rational argument why the cavs can win.

Great teams lose sometimes, better teams don't always win, and there's too much parody there's a lot of satiric imitations in basketball? i don't think so... in the sport of basketball for enough emphasis to be put on any specific phase of the game besides the playoffs and how the players on each team have a history of reacting, the obvious favorites have been so for a long time. People just like to change their minds with every stretch of good or bad play.

by your logic it would be equally irrational for magic fans to expect us to beat LA

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

The "Chuckster" once threw a guy out of a bar window in Orlando, that's cool.

Seeing as the dude threw a glass at the girl he was with's face, and he didn't throw him, he pushed the guy and he fell into the window, I won't hold it against him. If some dude threw a drink at my girl (Or ANY girl in front of me for that matter) while i'm trying to just enjoy a night at the bar with her, I'm gonna do a whole lot worse then just shove him.

quote:
Originally posted by rollerderby34:

At least Barkley didn't bring up how the loss of Turkoglu makes this current team worse than last year. Bruce Bowen went down that road earlier today with Cowherd.

i dont respect bruce bowen's insight into the sport of basketball at all.

He's a good speaker, but his opinions are highly misinformed.

quote:

Earlier this season, I was sitting next to a dude that claimed that his uncle was the guy that Chuck threw through the window...we all had a good laugh.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

Seeing as the dude threw a glass at the girl he was with's face, and he didn't throw him, he pushed the guy and he fell into the window, I won't hold it against him. If some dude threw a drink at my girl (Or ANY girl in front of me for that matter) while i'm trying to just enjoy a night at the bar with her, I'm gonna do a whole lot worse then just shove him.

I hear you there. I didn't know why Chuck threw him through the window...but always thought it was funny nonetheless.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin]

Its like someone from the San Antonio board coming over here and saying "YOU GUYS DONT KNOW BASKETBALL BECAUSE YOU BELIEVED THAT DALLAS WAS A GOOD BET TO GET TO THE FINALS". We made a slightly informed guess based on the handful of Mav games we saw against the magic and the few games we watched casually. We then used prior knowledge of the players on the Mav's roster to form an opinion. Is that opinion now wrong, probably, considering SA's lead in the series. Is that opinion deserving of ridicule? Absolutely not because it was made using sound reasoning.

Just an awful, awful, awful point. Heading into the season, three rosters looked outrageously stacked. Cleveland, San Antonio, and Orlando. Heading into the postseason, three rosters were playing like they are outrageously stacked. Cleveland, San Antonio, and Orlando.

Antawn Jamison just isn't as good a basketball player as Rashard because when he was on a championship contender, he failed to achieve what his team should have and so far under Lewis all the Magic have done is overachieve. Shaq is just getting back from an injury that happened amid the "are the Cavs better without Shaq" statistical arguments. Orlando beat Cleveland last season. If you are playing simple logic and reason and have the Cavs winning the East, you're an idiot. Because they aren't the favorite, that is just factual. Better big man+Victory last sereies=favorite in every playoff environment in the history of the sport

Great teams lose sometimes, better teams don't always win, and there's too much parody in the sport of basketball for enough emphasis to be put on any specific phase of the game besides the playoffs and how the players on each team have a history of reacting, the obvious favorites have been so for a long time. People just like to change their minds with every stretch of good or bad play.

Is it some kind of personal requirement for you to go into super Kramer d*****bag mode every time someone posts something that you don't agree with?

Let me give you a couple of helpful hints. First off, stating your opinion as if it is a fact does not make it a fact. Secondly, using your own opinion, with no real facts to back it up, as a cornerstone to call someone else an idiot (and a mod at that) is not very bright. Lets get into specifics.

quote:
Heading into the season, three rosters looked outrageously stacked. Cleveland, San Antonio, and Orlando.

You forgot the Lakers but I'll kind of concede this point to you. Of course, this point means next to nothing since preseason rankings are as valuable as an expired lottery ticket.

quote:
Heading into the postseason, three rosters were playing like they are outrageously stacked. Cleveland, San Antonio, and Orlando.

This is where I'm going to need some help. Dallas' roster didn't look "stacked" going into the playoffs? A team with 4 allstars and the reigining 6th man of the year that compiled a 22 and 6 record since the trade? That team? The Mavs beat the Spurs in last year's playoffs. According to you, that makes them the automatic favorite to win this year regardless of any roster changes that may have occured (we will get into that absurdity in a minute). Remember? "Victory the previous year + best big man (and yes, Dirk + Haywood + Dampier is better than Duncan by his lonesome at this point in his career) = favorite in every playoff environment in the history of the sport." Maybe you don't see the blatant contradiction in your post but I would imagine that most people see it as clear as day. Moving on.

quote:
Antawn Jamison just isn't as good a basketball player as Rashard because when he was on a championship contender, he failed to achieve what his team should have

Again, I'm going to need your help here. Please tell me when Jamison was on a championship contender. The Wizards? The 52 win 2003-04 Mavericks that were in the same league as the far superior Kings and Lakers? I'm out of guesses. I'm all ears.

quote:
and so far under Lewis all the Magic have done is overachieve.

If the goal of a championship contender is to win a championship, how did Lewis overachieve? Even if the goal of a contender is to contend for a championship, wouldn't that be MEETING expectations? And this is the sole determination of who is the better player? Chris Paul hasn't reached the finals either when his teams were good. By your logic, Lewis is still the better player. Hell, by your logic, Pietrus is the better player.

quote:
If you are playing simple logic and reason and have the Cavs winning the East, you're an idiot.

LOL. That's not a sarcastic "lol" either. I genuinely laughed at this statement. People that reach the conclusion that the team that consistently played the best basketball over the course of the season are the favorites are an idiot? People that reach the conclusion that the 2nd best team in the league, during the regular season, are the favorites are brilliant? Does that sum it up? I literally have no words for this logic. I'm stunned. I also don't understand how you can simply ignore roster additions as if they don't factor into the equation. Did the moves the Magic made make them a contender this year? Before you answer, remember that according to you it doesn't matter. As long as the Magic have the best big man and a meaningless victory in last year's playoffs they are the clear cut favorites.

Basically, to sum up your post, you said, "I'm Kramer. These are the reasons I think the way I do. Even though I'm not stating anything that is a fact, I'm going to treat it like a fact. If you don't agree with me, then you are stupid." I'm afraid that isn't how it works champ.