Sign in to follow this  
patport21

How would you go about stopping all the flopping?

You don't have to believe me but watch tonights game. I can't remember him taking a charge this entire series actually. He realizes he isn't gonna get the call a lot because he is a known flopper.

quote:
Originally posted by maf09:

You guys apparently don't watch the Cavs much anymore.

Varejao rarely takes charges anymore. He goes straight up and contests the shot and is pretty **** good at it.

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahaha

wait until Dwight comes to town... he will turn into Vareflop again. Book it!

quote:
Originally posted by patport21:

quote:

You guys apparently don't watch the Cavs much anymore.

Varejao rarely takes charges anymore. He goes straight up and contests the shot and is pretty **** good at it.

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahaha

wait until Dwight comes to town... he will turn into Vareflop again. Book it!

http://www.hoopdata.com/boxscores.aspx?team=CLE

If you go to each individual game between the Cavs and Magic this year, Varejao has taken a grand total of 2 charges in 4 games. Slightly above his average, but still a lot less than you'd expect from him, especially against Howard.

The Magic have taken 7 charges against the Cavs this season while the Cavs have taken 5 from the Magic. Both Gortat and Redick have taken 2 against the Cavs.

I don't really mind taking charges so don't think I have an issue with it, I'm just providing ya'll with the facts.

Admittedly, Varejao will still do the acting job on an elbow to the face, but at the same time you're supposed to draw the foul regardless if you get elbowed in the face so that really shouldn't matter.

quote:

He is averaging .37 charges a game this year as opposed to 1.21 a game in 2007 which we could probably agree was the peak of his flopping.

http://hoopdata.com/defrebstats.aspx

Nice site. Those are whistled charges right? Flopping really doesn't equate to charges drawn but the attempts to draw them as well. Refs probably grew tired and thus the drop.

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

quote:

He is averaging .37 charges a game this year as opposed to 1.21 a game in 2007 which we could probably agree was the peak of his flopping.

Nice site. Those are whistled charges right? Flopping really doesn't equate to charges drawn but the attempts to draw them as well. Refs probably grew tired and thus the drop.

I would think they are whistled charges and yea I understand that officials swallow their whistle a lot on it as they should, but a lot of times they just call it a block.

Regardless it all averages out throughout the league so I think the stats are a pretty good measuring stick.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MP_20:

quote:

I would think they are whistled charges and yea I understand that officials swallow their whistle a lot on it as they should, but a lot of times they just call it a block.

Regardless it all averages out throughout the league so I think the stats are a pretty good measuring stick.

alright, the charges i don't care about, what about all of the 'u got your arms under mind nonesense' where verajo basically moves around like he has downs syndrome and then falls to the ground and somehow ends up with his arms around the other player to piss them off. and then when the said other player tries to get the hell away from verajo, he acts like he's facing off with hulk hogan five years ago in a wwf grudge match?

other than that i have no problem with his game, he's out there playing like jokim noah light.

but yeah that other **** doesn't belong in basketball, it's enough to make you want to change the channel.