Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

Let's Build A Championship Team

These are the ingrediants for a championship team. We have the coach and some pressing needs, but we are close.

01) HAVE a very good post threat................. Howard/Milicic

02) NEED a true PG ............................................

03) HAVE 3 point shooter coming off bench........ Redick

04) HAVE lockdown defender. (bruce bowen type)............Ariza

05) NEED legit #1 scorer.........................................

06) HAVE great chemistry. perfect mix of young and veterans.

07) HAVE a team which limits 2nd chance points.................. Howard, Milicic, Ariza

08) HAVE a tough team. championships are mostly built with teams who aren't scared of contact and can truely handle the physicality of the playoffs.

09) NEED a good assist turn over percentage.

10) NEED good percentage with free throws.

These are the ingrediants for a championship team. We have the coach and some pressing needs, but we are close.

01) HAVE a very good post threat................. Howard/Milicic

02) NEED a true PG ............................................

03) HAVE 3 point shooter coming off bench........ Redick

04) HAVE lockdown defender. (bruce bowen type)............Ariza

05) NEED legit #1 scorer.........................................

06) HAVE great chemistry. perfect mix of young and veterans.

07) HAVE a team which limits 2nd chance points.................. Howard, Milicic, Ariza

08) HAVE a tough team. championships are mostly built with teams who aren't scared of contact and can truely handle the physicality of the playoffs.

09) NEED a good assist turn over percentage.

10) NEED good percentage with free throws.

Agreed. I think a great pg. would solve at least 3 of our problems. All we'd need is a scoring option.

A team also has to have good perimeter and inside D. Our perimeter D isn't that good right now.

i agree and everything right but dont you think it would be wise to have more than one person as a lockdown defender??? one person as a 3 pt shooter??? more than 2 low post threats???

Its called DEPTH my friend and thats basically what we dont have... look at championship caliber teams, Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Jazz, Warriors (lol) and cant forget the Pistons... All of these teams have depth and nobody likes to play them because they can never get a break from their best players because all are goood...

I think with depth, our starters can rest more and the wins would eventually come

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

i agree and everything right but dont you think it would be wise to have more than one person as a lockdown defender??? one person as a 3 pt shooter??? more than 2 low post threats???

Its called DEPTH my friend and thats basically what we dont have... look at championship caliber teams, Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Jazz, Warriors (lol) and cant forget the Pistons... All of these teams have depth and nobody likes to play them because they can never get a break from their best players because all are goood...

I think with depth, our starters can rest more and the wins would eventually come

It seems to me that your forgetiing the Cavaliers in that list...

quote:

PLAYOFFS:

When you get into the playoffs your rotations are typically 7 or 8 players.

BREAKDOWN OF PLAYOFF MINUTES DISTRIBUTED:

There are 5 positions 48 min ea. =240 min/game

5 players playing 36 min ea. =180 min.

balance of 60 min. can be handled by 2 players playing 30 min. ea.

PHOENIX:

Phoenix all year with the run and gun offense played with 7 guys.

IF YOU HAVE 7 GOOD QUALITY PLAYOFF CALIBER

PLAYERS, YOU ARE AN EXCEPTIONAL TEAM.

HAVING A STRONG BENCH HELPS BUT THEY PLAY FEW MINUTES IN THE PLAYOFFS.

How long would you want Dwight Howard or Milicic on the bench? How long do the spurs sit their big guns?

but guys, lets not forget, O-Town had one of the best defenses in the league last year, statistically speaking: they were 7th in opponent PPG., 3rd in opp. FG%, 10th in opp. 3pt%, and 6th in opp. APG, 5th in Rebounding differential, (but surprisingly, only 11th in BPG)...the one big problem is steals...22nd in SPG....but i dont think defense is a big need...

offensively is where we struggled...but we all know that...TOs (2nd most TO per game)...plus only 13 wins when scoring over 100pts...(thats last in the NBA)

hopefully billay will fix that...but i doubt it...

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:

It seems to me that your forgetiing the Cavaliers in that list...

Well i thought about the Cavs but they dont really have any depth beyond their starters Pavlovic and Gibson... Besides those 2 there's Lebron, Varejao, Ilgauskas, Hughes and snow and that's basically it lol... but the thing is, Lebron is just THAT good to get them within championship reach. He proved that in scoring the last 29 of the Cavs' 30 pts in game 5

quote:

... but the thing is, Lebron is just THAT good to get them within championship reach. He proved that in scoring the last 29 of the Cavs' 30 pts in game 5

25 is what the media reports...but its all peanuts

fyi:

LeBron scored THE LAST 25 pts, and 29 OF THE LAST 30...

boy oh boy was he sick...

i can see a new conference finals rivalry in the future: DWIGHT vs. LEBRON...

I think with coach Billy D,Jameer is our man at the point. With a more free style of offense Jameer will put up allstar numbers.Rashard Lewis or Vince will solve our go to scorer problem,Mo Pete or Pietrus would give us a deeper bench. Draft Richards in the second round(BIG MAN) Ben Wallace like better offense. Jameer/Arroyo PG,Vince or Pitrus/Redick SG,Lewis or Mo Pete/Ariza SF,Milicic/Richards or Grtrat PF, Dwight/Battie C. What ya think?

The 7/8 best players expected for the Magic(in my opinion) are:

PG. ?

G. ? ,Redick

sf. Turkoglu, Ariza

PF. Milicic, ?

C. Howard

NOTE: Grant Hill (if you move Ariza to PF, Hill can be added), Battie, Nelson, Arroyo, Diener Dooling, Bogan, Augustine, Gortat, Outlaw, and Garrity, not listed at this time.