Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Castaway

ESPN's Forecast: 2013-14 Rookie of the Year

possible reasons:

a. he'll get a lot more playing time

b. the quality of his teammates is much higher compared to Oladipo's.

I strongly disagree with b. but what you said first is basically the reasoning behind my post.

Burke will be the only decent PG in a young and immature team. He'll be the court general while Oladipo will struggle to get a lot of minutes (something I'm not really happy about)

I predict a low FG% for Burke but he'll probably lead all rookies in PPG and APG, thus winning the award

Why would Oladipo struggle to get minutes? He'll get the bulk of the playing time at 2, and when Jameer inevitably goes down, we'll probably run some lineups without a true PG out there, giving him even more minutes. Unless there's a plan in place to play Harris at 2 and Harkless at 3, I don't really see the logjam in Victor's case. He'd log the most minutes in my rotation.

AA can play some at the 3. Oladipo could do like Davis did his first year with Ryan and Dwight, playing backup for both the 1 and 2. The question is if Lamb and Moore are good enough to take some of those minutes away from him. I can see a backcourt rotation of Nelson, Afflalo, and Oladipo with some time for Harkless (Hark probably starting at 3, so getting sparse minutes at the 2). I think that would allow for plenty of minutes for Oladipo. Davis seems like the guy that could get a good haul in a trade. If he gets back into form, he could get the Magic back some nice assets. Afflalo doesn't need to go quite yet, he'd be a good veteran mentor alongside Nelson with his work ethic (having those are still important). But if the right offer comes along, no doubt they take it.

They lost me when they said VO is playing behind Harris and Harkless.....REALLY? He will be playing behind either Meer or AA...... so life goes on huh??