Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Castaway

ESPN's Forecast: 2013-14 Rookie of the Year

AA can play some at the 3. Oladipo could do like Davis did his first year with Ryan and Dwight, playing backup for both the 1 and 2. The question is if Lamb and Moore are good enough to take some of those minutes away from him. I can see a backcourt rotation of Nelson, Afflalo, and Oladipo with some time for Harkless (Hark probably starting at 3, so getting sparse minutes at the 2). I think that would allow for plenty of minutes for Oladipo. Davis seems like the guy that could get a good haul in a trade. If he gets back into form, he could get the Magic back some nice assets. Afflalo doesn't need to go quite yet, he'd be a good veteran mentor alongside Nelson with his work ethic (having those are still important). But if the right offer comes along, no doubt they take it.

I agree Oladipo is going to get his minutes somewhere either 1 or 2. I think if we don't either trade Baby or AA Harkless sadley may be the odd man out.

I really doubt we drafted this kid to not get major minutes. He will back up Jameer and then play some 2. No way we don't develop him.

I'm not as fussed as some about rookies getting major minutes. I actually believe a rookie will develop through training and even just watching the game.

I'm not as fussed as some about rookies getting major minutes. I actually believe a rookie will develop through training and even just watching the game.

I somewhat disagree. I think it's ok for a rookie to have a learning curve and have to earn minutes but you want them to have significant gametime experience for a good stretch in the second half of the year. Harkless is a good example of this.

I somewhat disagree. I think it's ok for a rookie to have a learning curve and have to earn minutes but you want them to have significant gametime experience for a good stretch in the second half of the year. Harkless is a good example of this.

I will ask though, what's significant game time in your definition? While Harkless is a good example, over the years there are several good examples of players developing off minutes in the 20ish range.

I will ask though, what's significant game time in your definition? While Harkless is a good example, over the years there are several good examples of players developing off minutes in the 20ish range.

20 minutes a game is a 1600 minute season. Do you view that as NOT being significant minutes?

20 minutes a game is a 1600 minute season. Do you view that as NOT being significant minutes?

Significant yes but not major. I don't think there's any doubt that's there's 20 of room for Oladipo even with keeping AA on our team.

Significant yes but not major. I don't think there's any doubt that's there's 20 of room for Oladipo even with keeping AA on our team.

i don't really care how many minutes he gets overall. I'd like to see him get a 15-20 game stretch at the end of the season playing 33-38 minutes per game. Just like all of our rookies last year.