Sign in to follow this  
Alska444

Magic's Pregame Dance Party

Looks like the Magic are doing it to be lame, making it funny. The Cavs think they're so cool and act all ****y. Which makes it lame and not funny at all.

For those who say it's disrespectful that the Magic were dancing before the game, you do realize that the Bobcats were also having their pregame dance, right? It wasn't at the same time as the Magic show, but if you watch the game on FSSports, they show you a snippet of their dancing. So, if both teams saw it befitting to dance around and loosen up before the game, then I don't see the disrespect.

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Of course, this is the same kind of stuff that we scream bloody murder about when it occurs up in Cleveland.

Disagree, the problem I have with that bull**** is that it occurs during the game.

Pregame stuff is whatever for me as long as it still involves basketball and it's not overblown with guys jumping into each others arms in a row and posing for pictures.

There was a thread created because Lebron winked at the Bulls bench. I would bet a paycheck that if the Cavs had formed a pregame dancing circle complete with impromptu dunk contest, there would be a thread created on this forum within minutes. My money is safer on this bet than it would be in a bank vault.

quote:

There was a thread created because Lebron winked at the Bulls bench. I would bet a paycheck that if the Cavs had formed a pregame dancing circle complete with impromptu dunk contest, there would be a thread created on this forum within minutes. My money is safer on this bet than it would be in a bank vault.

If I'm not mistaken, the Magic says they do the pregame dance on opposing arenas as well, so I will assume they did it in Cleveland, so if the Cavs don't have a problem with it, then I don't think it matters if Cavaliers came up with a pregame dance off with dunks. Who knows, they might even have a pregame dance show. I don't see how that is disrespectful before the game starts.

quote:

LMAO so true

quote:
Originally posted by SKWay:

quote:

LMAO so true

I just came from that "WINK" thread and boy oh boy if that isn't the dumbest thread I've seen on here.

The video of the Magic dancing had me cracking up though. The "air pump" move was great. Good laughs in that vid. BTW this is just a case of "hate it when it's another team, love it when it ours" You can say, "it's before the game" all you want but Emory889 is spot on here.

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

quote:

If I'm not mistaken, the Magic says they do the pregame dance on opposing arenas as well, so I will assume they did it in Cleveland, so if the Cavs don't have a problem with it, then I don't think it matters if Cavaliers came up with a pregame dance off with dunks. Who knows, they might even have a pregame dance show. I don't see how that is disrespectful before the game starts.

You are missing my point. This is not about a team feeling disrespected because honestly, I doubt anybody really gives a crap. They probably watch from the other end of the court and laugh just like the rest of the people in the stands. No, I'm trying to point out the very obvious contradiction that Magic fans on this forum are guilty of on a daily basis. I've seen numerous threads about all the handshakes/pregame rituals that the Cavs perform before the game. I specifically remember a thread last season where everyone was questioning the professionalism of the Cavs because Lebron was acting like he was taking pictures while the rest of the team made random ridiculous poses. I don't see any difference in that and the clowning around that the Magic consistently do during their pregame warmups.

This is a case of people not seeing the forest for the trees.

emory889,

Are people upset that the Cavs are doing this before the games or during the games??? That might be the reason why some seem to think it is disrespectful. I can understand doing silly things to get loosen up before the game, but during a game, it's a different story. Emotions are high and some people don't take too kindly of things and being professional really help to diffuse a heated situation.

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

emory889,

Are people upset that the Cavs are doing this before the games or during the games??? That might be the reason why some seem to think it is disrespectful. I can understand doing silly things to get loosen up before the game, but during a game, it's a different story. Emotions are high and some people don't take too kindly of things and being professional really help to diffuse a heated situation.

I specifically cited a Cavs pregame ritual.