Sign in to follow this  
Orlandonole

Is Turk on the move? - ESPN

Sorry if this was posted but did not see it. Guess we can all lay to rest Otis made the right call.

Will Raptors move Hedo?

9:33AM ET

Hedo Turkoglu | Raptors

Top Email

After picking up a five-year, $53 million deal with the Raptors this past summer, Hedo Turkoglu's season was a bit of a disappointment in Toronto.

He only averaged 11.3 points -- as opposed to 16.8 and 19.5 the last two years for the Magic, respectively -- and people questions his work ethic and commitment after he was out at a night club the evening after he sat out a game because he was sick.

"I'm not going to defend him," coach Jay Triano told the National Post. "He did not have a great year."

So might the Raptors now view Hedo's contract as a burden?

Writes Eric Koreen of the paper: "Turkoglu's first year with his new team went horribly, and four more years loom on a contract that is quickly becoming an albatross ... There is the possibility Turkoglu will never have another training camp as a Raptor. His contract, with $44 million remaining, seems as if it would be hard to unload, although other teams might want to rid themselves of similar millstones."

And that's the thing here: If those around the league now view Hedo as a malcontent, it may hinder Toronto's ability to unload his contract for anything worthwhile.

If the Raptors do try to trade him, it's possible Hedo could be packaged in a sign-and-trade with Chris Bosh this summer.

As ESPN's John Hollinger wrote this week, Turkoglu's contact with the Raptors came, in part, due to his playoff performance a year ago.

John Hollinger

Sorry if this was posted but did not see it. Guess we can all lay to rest Otis made the right call.

Will Raptors move Hedo?

9:33AM ET

Hedo Turkoglu | Raptors

Top Email

After picking up a five-year, $53 million deal with the Raptors this past summer, Hedo Turkoglu's season was a bit of a disappointment in Toronto.

He only averaged 11.3 points -- as opposed to 16.8 and 19.5 the last two years for the Magic, respectively -- and people questions his work ethic and commitment after he was out at a night club the evening after he sat out a game because he was sick.

"I'm not going to defend him," coach Jay Triano told the National Post. "He did not have a great year."

So might the Raptors now view Hedo's contract as a burden?

Writes Eric Koreen of the paper: "Turkoglu's first year with his new team went horribly, and four more years loom on a contract that is quickly becoming an albatross ... There is the possibility Turkoglu will never have another training camp as a Raptor. His contract, with $44 million remaining, seems as if it would be hard to unload, although other teams might want to rid themselves of similar millstones."

And that's the thing here: If those around the league now view Hedo as a malcontent, it may hinder Toronto's ability to unload his contract for anything worthwhile.

If the Raptors do try to trade him, it's possible Hedo could be packaged in a sign-and-trade with Chris Bosh this summer.

As ESPN's John Hollinger wrote this week, Turkoglu's contact with the Raptors came, in part, due to his playoff performance a year ago.

John Hollinger

Lol i'm still surprised Triano is still there, he should be shown the door as well. He's been as big an idiot as Turkoglu this season; at least Turk's made some meaningful shots in his career. Triano is a leftover, and I don't think he can coach or gain the respect of his players.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Lol. Good job, Otiz, for passing on Turk. You took a beating but it was the correct decision.

What's funny is he's STILL getting told by the media that it was the wrong move even though everyone acknowledges Hedo was a horrible signing. Chuckle, Chuckle, Laugh, Laugh.

quote:
Originally posted by DaveCorzineLives!:

quote:

Lol. Good job, Otiz, for passing on Turk. You took a beating but it was the correct decision.

What's funny is he's STILL getting told by the media that it was the wrong move even though everyone acknowledges Hedo was a horrible signing. Chuckle, Chuckle, Laugh, Laugh.

The media always seems to be 10 steps behind. I'ld be willing to bet that if we don't win it all, they'll say it was because we didn't have Hedo. Even if Vince has a great playoffs.

quote:

Now wait a second. Think about what the article says. It says Hedo might be packaged with Chris Bosh in a S&T. How funny would it be if we pulled that off, got Hedo and Bosh, since I would bet we would be one of the few teams willing to take Hedo.

We S&T for Bosh and give them Shard, Gortat & JJ.

That trade would instantly revamp the Raptors. Gortat would start, Lewis can be their go to guy and JJ has shown he is ready to start in the NBA.

It might be the best deal they can get for a Bosh/Hedo package. And not to forget that Bosh and Howard are very very good friends.

Starting 5

Nelson

Carter

Hedo

Bosh

Howard

Bench 5

Williams

Pietrus

Barnes

Bass

Battie (we go get him for the Vet Min)

Bringing back Hedo would give us another ball handler and worth the price of his contract if we can get Bosh with him.

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

quote:

Now wait a second. Think about what the article says. It says Hedo might be packaged with Chris Bosh in a S&T. How funny would it be if we pulled that off, got Hedo and Bosh, since I would bet we would be one of the few teams willing to take Hedo.

That trade would instantly revamp the Raptors. Gortat would start, Lewis can be their go to guy and JJ has shown he is ready to start in the NBA.

It might be the best deal they can get for a Bosh/Hedo package. And not to forget that Bosh and Howard are very very good friends.

Starting 5

Nelson

Carter

Hedo

Bosh

Howard

Bench 5

Williams

Pietrus

Barnes

Bass

Bringing back Hedo would give us another ball handler and worth the price of his contract if we can get Bosh with him.

i would jiz in my pants if we got bosh but i don't see it happening... it is otiz tho, MAKE IT HAPPEN OTIS!! lol

quote:
Originally posted by TampaTony:

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

quote:

Starting 5

Nelson

Carter

Hedo

Bosh

Howard

Bench 5

Williams

Pietrus

Barnes

Bass

i would jiz in my pants if we got bosh but i don't see it happening... it is otiz tho, MAKE IT HAPPEN OTIS!! lol

I do not think there is one Magic Fan that would complain taking on 4 more years of Hedo's absurd contract at the price of Having Bosh and Howard paired up for the next 5+ years.

Think about the Raptors lineup for a moment.

PG - Jose Calderon (would be solid and he is the reason Hedo did not get the ball much)

SG - JJ

SF/PF/C - Bargnani, Lewis & Gortat.

Gortat in this trade makes the difference that no other team can give the Raptors in a trade for Bosh. Take Dwight out of the equation and Gortat has the best defensive numbers in the league based on 40 minutes of floor time. Lewis's numbers are down this year specifically because of our style of play and the fact Carter has become the second option behind Dwight. Versus Lewis has been that option since he arrived. JJ is that 3 point consistent shooter the Raptors do not have.

Absent a trade for Rudy Gay for Bosh, I cannot see the Raptors getting a better young player than Gortat in a S&T especially considering how rare big men are in this league now.

Where's DOM to tell us we're all idiots for even thinking this is possible??

I don't know if the raptors will even be able to sign and trade him or if they'd even want to. They'll probably just let'em walk so they can tell their fans they tried and he just wouldn't cooperate. I see him more than likely just leaving to another team without a sign and trade all together.