Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

After a successful season, what was the one major failure?

dwight's inability to consistently hit FT's...

all we ask of you dwight, is to get to 70%. that's it man. and then you'll score with the rest of the big boys.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

then dont post a thread asking. y should I keep secrets.

Because your hate for Jameer is fake. You know how I know this? Because he's been playing like an All-Star lately and you still don't like him.

Nothing he can do will make you like him. You'll hate him even if he has a 48 point scoring night. So why should he even acknowledge your criticism?

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

-I don't like Jameer, and the fact that he still wants to score the most points each night with the surrounding offense we have

The fact that you still post here hurts my soul.

How ignorant he is hurts mine. He claims to hate Jameer because he takes too many shots and looks to score all the time. Here is a stat for you ThuglifeJ, even though I know you wont answer because you never do when someone calls you out:

Of the 64 games Jameer played in this year, he led the team in field goal attempts (you know, who takes the most shots?) only 10 times, with 5 of those being times he shared it with another player on the roster. Oh and their record in those games? 7-3.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

-I don't like Jameer, and the fact that he still wants to score the most points each night with the surrounding offense we have

The fact that you still post here hurts my soul.

How ignorant he is hurts mine. He claims to hate Jameer because he takes too many shots and looks to score all the time. Here is a stat for you ThuglifeJ, even though I know you wont answer because you never do when someone calls you out:

Of the 64 games Jameer played in this year, he led the team in field goal attempts (you know, who takes the most shots?) only 10 times, with 5 of those being times he shared it with another player on the roster. Oh and their record in those games? 7-3.

My biggest problem with him... it's fine to say something stupid, then acknowledge you were wrong and move on... he will get called out, people will prove him wrong, and he will continue to troll everyone. Like Jareth said in the chat room, trolls on these boards get away with murder. There's no other way. He cannot be this stupid, he really is just trolling the entire board and getting away with it.

Jameer also averages less shot attempts a game than most of the All-Star PGs in the league in which Thuglife calls "pass first"... there's no way this guy is real.

What the hell dont take my dislike for Jameer so dam personal. I'm not going to pretend that I like Jameer, I dont. I dont like shoot first point guards, never have, and Jameer is the absolute definition of one. While I think the Magic play best with a willing passer first. And I do think he's selfish a lot of the time. I think he needs to swing the ball possibly once and not call for a pick every oppurtunity he has, seeing as he brings the ball up the court. RARELY does he not call a play for himself if Stan doesnt call a play or tell him to give the Ball to Dwight/VC/ or Rashard in the post. He will dribble aroound or call for a pick always. You dont have to agree with me. It's just the way I see it.

I dont mind Jameer as a person, even though he has self esteem/jelousy issues, he's still a good guy and I LOVE that he has team meetings and takes the team for dinner and what not.

I think he's good at penetrating and making plays that way. He's a terrific shooter, and can stroke it. Another reason why I wish he was on the recieving end of passes more for open shots from him instead of him attempting to create his own shot.

I just like passing point guards better, I like Jason Wiliams and Johnson (who I dont think are better players then Jameer) better. And I dont think many would enjoy playing alongside the Jameer Nelsons of the league.

Dont take it so personal, just my taste. Im not gonna lie about it.

quote:

What the hell dont take my dislike for Jameer so dam personal. I'm not going to pretend that I like Jameer, I dont. I dont like shoot first point guards, never have, and Jameer is the absolute definition of one. While I think the Magic play best with a willing passer first. And I do think he's selfish a lot of the time. I think he needs to swing the ball possibly once and not call for a pick every oppurtunity he has, seeing as he brings the ball up the court. RARELY does he not call a play for himself if Stan doesnt call a play or tell him to give the Ball to Dwight/VC/ or Rashard in the post. He will dribble aroound or call for a pick always. You dont have to agree with me. It's just the way I see it.

I dont mind Jameer as a person, even though he has self esteem/jelousy issues, he's still a good guy and I LOVE that he has team meetings and takes the team for dinner and what not.

I think he's good at penetrating and making plays that way. He's a terrific shooter, and can stroke it. Another reason why I wish he was on the recieving end of passes more for open shots from him instead of him attempting to create his own shot.

I just like passing point guards better, I like Jason Wiliams and Johnson (who I dont think are better players then Jameer) better.

Dont take it so personal, just my taste. Im not gonna lie about it.

and this, folks, is a guy that has no idea what he's talking about. Swing the ball around the perimeter? Seriously? Do you understand that was the biggest problem this team was having in the beginning of the season? No one would make plays, Carter would not penetrate, and the team basically went around that. The numbers do not lie. Jameer is a much more willing passer than Jason Williams is.

Now, answer me this:

HOW EXACTLY is Jameer such a "shoot first point guard" when his shot attempts a game are just about average in the league (and much lower than most of the PG's leading the league in assists).

HOW is Jameer selfish when he's doing WHAT A POINT GUARD IS SUPPOSED TO DO. A point guard's job isn't to bring the ball up the court, pass it around the perimeter (TO *COUGH* CARTER *COUGH) and just stand around as a spot-up shooter. A point guard's job is to set up for his teammates. You HAVE to set picks and you HAVE to penetrate in order to get guys open. If you pass the ball around, especially on a team like the Magic, nothing will get done.

The quicker you realize this, the quicker you will stop looking like... um, yeah, you know where I'm going.

quote:

I dont mind Jameer as a person, even though he has self esteem/jelousy issues,

Here's my number one problem with you in a nutshell. There isn't one shred of factual evidence in this entire paragraph. You even questioned Jameer's self esteem as if you were his freaking psychiatrist. So tell me why I should do anything more than roll my eyes when you vomit another post onto this forum?

How is Jameer not a shoot first point guard? Its not even that big a deal it's just his game. He looks to score first, he looks for his own shot first and foremost.

I'll try to enter your world where Jameer is a passing demi god, least selfish player in the league, and goal is to make his teammates better.

I'll stop pretending I dont like Jameer if it's what you really want. I see why I need to be a huge Jameer fan all of a sudden.

Buttermilk like holds a grudge against me on the internet..it's strange.

quote:

How is Jameer not a shoot first point guard? Its not even that big a deal it's just his game. He looks to score first, he looks for his own shot first and foremost.

I'll try to enter your world where Jameer is a passing demi god, least selfish player in the league, and goal is to make his teammates better.

I'll stop pretending I dont like Jameer if it's what you really want. I see why I need to be a huge Jameer fan all of a sudden.

Buttermilk like holds a grudge against me on the internet..it's strange.

It's the fact that you throw out "shoot first" like it holds any meaning in today's game. And because a "shoot first point guard" is exactly what the Magic needs to succeed. Jameer being healthy and playing how he has always played and us going 23-5 because of it doesn't seem like enough evidence that maybe, just MAYBE, this team is better off with Jameer making team's fear his shots so that they collapse to him quicker and so that he can pass to his open teammates (which he does often enough).