Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic vs. Kittens Game 1 4/18 5:30p

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

Three of our starters were completely invisible tonight with barnes at 0%, Dwight with 5 points and 1 of 6 from the line and Carter shooting 21% from the field. Three of our key bench players were pretty bad also in Gortat, Anderson and Jwill.

As bad as these guys played tonight offensively we lead by double digits most of the way. No way all these guys suck so bad at the same time again.

If they can't get us on a night where our two biggest offensive weapons are nowhere to be found and in foul trouble all night then I really feel sorry for the Bobcats from here on out.

Their starting 5 shot a great percentage. All 3 of their main guys played well in Wallace, who had a monster game, Felton and Jackson. I don't see much room for improvement from any of their guys.

^^ This.

quote:
Originally posted by swarlesbarkley:

Does anyone know why Captain Jack didn't play during the last 7 minutes of the game?

I thought that was a strange strategy for the Bobcats.

he's going to have an mri tomorrow, so i assume due to his injury..

quote:

Three of our starters were completely invisible tonight with barnes at 0%, Dwight with 5 points and 1 of 6 from the line and Carter shooting 21% from the field. Three of our key bench players were pretty bad also in Gortat, Anderson and Jwill.

As bad as these guys played tonight offensively we lead by double digits most of the way. No way all these guys suck so bad at the same time again.

If they can't get us on a night where our two biggest offensive weapons are nowhere to be found and in foul trouble all night then I really feel sorry for the Bobcats from here on out.

Their starting 5 shot a great percentage. All 3 of their main guys played well in Wallace, who had a monster game, Felton and Jackson. I don't see much room for improvement from any of their guys.

Although what you said was true, it kinda goes the same way for Charlotte...I don't see Jameer going for 30+ again in the series...

Dwight absolutely manhandled them inside on defense, with what, 8-9 blocks?? I don't see him getting that many blocks again in the series...

Larry Brown can outcoach anyone in the NBA, and I'm sure he will have a better gameplan for game 2. Not saying it will work, but he will make some adjustments...If I was you guys, I would worry about Vince...Jackson is a matchup problem for him, as he is taller, and as quick/quicker, with as much strength...Hughes is also a solid perimeter defender, so Carter shouldn't have huge numbers at all. Expect him to put up mediocre performances the rest of the series.

Other than that, Pietrus played lights out, that's not guaranteed to happen again, although it did in the ECF...

IMO, both teams had things happen that don't normally happen. I don't think Pietrus and Nelson will be as hot next game, but I also don't think Wallace will dominate like he did.

quote:
Although what you said was true, it kinda goes the same way for Charlotte...I don't see Jameer going for 30+ again in the series...

Dwight absolutely manhandled them inside on defense, with what, 8-9 blocks?? I don't see him getting that many blocks again in the series...

Larry Brown can outcoach anyone in the NBA, and I'm sure he will have a better gameplan for game 2. Not saying it will work, but he will make some adjustments...If I was you guys, I would worry about Vince...Jackson is a matchup problem for him, as he is taller, and as quick/quicker, with as much strength...Hughes is also a solid perimeter defender, so Carter shouldn't have huge numbers at all. Expect him to put up mediocre performances the rest of the series.

Other than that, Pietrus played lights out, that's not guaranteed to happen again, although it did in the ECF...

IMO, both teams had things happen that don't normally happen. I don't think Pietrus and Nelson will be as hot next game, but I also don't think Wallace will dominate like he did.

I don't think anyone is expecting huge numbers for those guys, just at the very least back to their average play, which is more than enough to win the series.

Obviously Dwight won't get that many blocks, but he will remain a dominating presence in the paint regardless. You also can't reasonably expect him to have such few rebounds or points(unless they double/triple consistently, which you can expect the Magic to keep burning them from deep).

Why do you reasonably accept that Carter will be shut down because they have a history of being good defenders, yet don't expect Nelson to continue his strong play even though he has a matchup who regularly gets beat? I think the reasonable assumption is they both find a middle ground closer to their season averages. Which again, is more than enough to win the series.

quote:
Originally posted by The Can Opener:

Why do you reasonably accept that Carter will be shut down because they have a history of being good defenders, yet don't expect Nelson to continue his strong play even though he has a matchup who regularly gets beat? I think the reasonable assumption is they both find a middle ground closer to their season averages. Which again, is more than enough to win the series.

Oh they will no doubt win the series. Wasn't trying to give the Bobcats any sort of hope. I was merely pointing out that although Howard and Carter had lackluster offensive games, Nelson and Pietrus more than picked up the slack. The Magic will get their points, that's a given. If they keep getting wide open looks, they will blow out Charlotte in every game.

I'm fine with them winning as long as it stops in Rd. 3..lol

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:

Ummm. I dont see bron winning anything this year? I dont see shaq getting 12 points again...or 5 rebounds... i dont see mo williams bringing his game to the ECF again.. if we meet..Plz dont bring pietrus in saying he wont do it again....I expect Vince stepping up...so go back to your forums plz

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:

Ummm. I dont see bron winning anything this year? I dont see shaq getting 12 points again...or 5 rebounds... i dont see mo williams bringing his game to the ECF again.. if we meet..Plz dont bring pietrus in saying he wont do it again....I expect Vince stepping up...so go back to your forums plz

no

Also for the peeps who keep bringing up

" We blew the Lead "

Bulls came within 7 against Cavs.(they were down by 24)

bucks came within 9 I believe against the Hawks.(they were down by 20+)

Celtics came back from a 14 point deficit.

Thunder were down by 15 earlier to the Lakers.

In the playoffs Big leads wont hold for long

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Also for the peeps who keep bringing up

" We blew the Lead "

Bulls came within 7 against Cavs.(they were down by 24)

bucks came within 9 I believe against the Hawks.(they were down by 20+)

Celtics came back from a 14 point deficit.

Thunder were down by 15 earlier to the Lakers.

In the playoffs Big leads wont hold for long

I agree no lead is a safe lead in the playoffs..That's why they play 48 minutes..

well thank god we got the win i kept checking the scores at work was getting a bit worried, however im glad the cats did not just roll over.

we got a lot more out this game than most people think it was pleasing to see us step up to the free throw line and nail them with charlotte comming back at us.