Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Adande giving us props?

Or a back handed compliment? You decide.

quote:
In 2010 you won't find an angrier team than the Orlando Magic. Dwight Howard leads the league in technical fouls. He leads the league in rebounds and blocked shots -- again -- and can't get any serious run for MVP. He had to watch the Lakers celebrate their championship last year in his house.

Coach Stan Van Gundy's past three playoff appearances read: conference finals, conference semis, NBA Finals. He's won 18 playoff games in the past four years. And yet the only moniker bestowed upon him was Shaq's label "the master of panic." No coach out there faces a bigger fight for respect.

But the essential anger influx came from Matt Barnes, a bargain free-agent signee who gives the Magic an edge in addition to 8.8 points and 5.5 boards a game, all for the price of $1.6 million. Which is another reason for him to be angry. He thought he'd cash in on the Golden State Warriors' upset of the Dallas Mavericks in 2007. Instead he signed for $3 million in 2007-08, a one-year deal for $927,000 in Phoenix last season, now this.

The Magic contain enough anger to make up for the impassive Vince Carter. That's why they led off our list of superlative squads -- the extreme teams -- that define the most intriguing categories of the 2010 playoffs. On to the other nominees:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...layoffoutlook-100415

You wouldn't like me when i am angry

bixhulk.jpg

Or a back handed compliment? You decide.

quote:
In 2010 you won't find an angrier team than the Orlando Magic. Dwight Howard leads the league in technical fouls. He leads the league in rebounds and blocked shots -- again -- and can't get any serious run for MVP. He had to watch the Lakers celebrate their championship last year in his house.

Coach Stan Van Gundy's past three playoff appearances read: conference finals, conference semis, NBA Finals. He's won 18 playoff games in the past four years. And yet the only moniker bestowed upon him was Shaq's label "the master of panic." No coach out there faces a bigger fight for respect.

But the essential anger influx came from Matt Barnes, a bargain free-agent signee who gives the Magic an edge in addition to 8.8 points and 5.5 boards a game, all for the price of $1.6 million. Which is another reason for him to be angry. He thought he'd cash in on the Golden State Warriors' upset of the Dallas Mavericks in 2007. Instead he signed for $3 million in 2007-08, a one-year deal for $927,000 in Phoenix last season, now this.

The Magic contain enough anger to make up for the impassive Vince Carter. That's why they led off our list of superlative squads -- the extreme teams -- that define the most intriguing categories of the 2010 playoffs. On to the other nominees:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...layoffoutlook-100415

You wouldn't like me when i am angry

bixhulk.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

How is it a compliment to say we're the "angriest" team?

This is a compliment. Do you know how long the Magic have been soft.

Edit: I don't think you were here when we went through the countless losses to the tough defensive minded Detroit Pistons. The Magic were pushed around like *****es out there and the refs allowed it.

quote:

Edit: I don't think you were here when we went through the countless losses to the tough defensive minded Detroit Pistons. The Magic were pushed around like *****es out there and the refs allowed it.

I'm not saying it's an insult, but I don't necessarily take it as a compliment, or better yet, "props".

It's kind of like calling a bully "just angry". That's not really a compliment towards the bully; you're just stating his frame of mind.

I like "angry" better than "soft", I still don't understand how we're soft. If we're so soft, how come everyone has to resort to flopping against us?

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

I'm not saying it's an insult, but I don't necessarily take it as a compliment, or better yet, "props".

It's kind of like calling a bully "just angry". That's not really a compliment towards the bully; you're just stating his frame of mind.

Hmm. I think I get your point. So now, we're not soft anymore. We're just big jerks out there thats out to get players injured like Derrick Rose.