Sign in to follow this  
Chase

(Excuse me Mods) Bobcats fans say **** the Magic.....

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

The Bobcats are no joke. Among the 5-8 seeds, they are the team I was most hoping to avoid in the first round.

Don't they have somehting like the 4th best record in the league after the all-star break? No joke people.

yeah but i think we have the best record post all star so its all good.

They might sneak up on us and push the series to 6 games but im not too worried as we're versatile enough to handle both high scoring contests and grind it out defensive battles.

Also, if we're worried about the bobcats we have no business competing for a championship.

The fact is neither felton, nor augustin, are the type of point guards that bother us (specifically jameer).

They also don't have a big beefy center the bothers dwight.

They have the players that can guard lewis out on the perimeter but we'll have to try to get diaw or thomas to switch onto dwight after screens.

They are a great defensive team because they have enough quality defenders to shut down wings. I'd imagine Vince is going to have a tough time during this series getting quality shots.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

The Bobcats are no joke. Among the 5-8 seeds, they are the team I was most hoping to avoid in the first round.

Don't they have somehting like the 4th best record in the league after the all-star break? No joke people.

4th best record since the break... no joke

second best defense in the league... no joke

One of the worst offenses... no joke

Orlando:

Best record since the break... no joke

Best defense in the league... no joke

Best point differential in the league... no joke

Not saying it's going to be a walk in the park, and you are correct, they are one of the toughest teams in the bottom half of the playoff bracket, but I'm not ready to say I'm concerned. Honestly, I might have been a little more concerned about Miami. O'Neal has played Dwight decently and seems to have a way of getting him a bit rattled for some reason. Not to mention that Wade guy seems to have his way with us.

I agree! Miami is the tougher matchup.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

yeah but i think we have the best record post all star so its all good.

They might sneak up on us and push the series to 6 games but im not too worried as we're versatile enough to handle both high scoring contests and grind it out defensive battles.

Also, if we're worried about the bobcats we have no business competing for a championship.

The fact is neither felton, nor augustin, are the type of point guards that bother us (specifically jameer).

They also don't have a big beefy center the bothers dwight.

They have the players that can guard lewis out on the perimeter but we'll have to try to get diaw or thomas to switch onto dwight after screens.

They are a great defensive team because they have enough quality defenders to shut down wings. I'd imagine Vince is going to have a tough time during this series getting quality shots.

Vince averaged 18/4/3 while shooting 43% from the field and 40% from downtown for the season against Charlotte.

Remember January? Well, his best game in January was against the Bobcats.

quote:

quote:

Orlando:

Not saying it's going to be a walk in the park, and you are correct, they are one of the toughest teams in the bottom half of the playoff bracket, but I'm not ready to say I'm concerned. Honestly, I might have been a little more concerned about Miami. O'Neal has played Dwight decently and seems to have a way of getting him a bit rattled for some reason. Not to mention that Wade guy seems to have his way with us.

It's kind of a joke because it's not true.

quote:
Originally posted by Magics Fan from Syria:

No one can beat the Magic this year except for the refs

Cleveland can beat the Magic, and without help from the refs (although they'll surely get it). They're a good team, with the best player, and have homecourt advantage over us. I think we can and should beat them, but I'm definitely not gonna be shocked if they knock us out. If it comes to that.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

Orlando:

It's kind of a joke because it's not true.

its a type, he meant 14th

Are the Bobcats good? - Absolutely.

Are they the best lower seeded team? - I believe so. (Although, the Heat could beat anyone if Wade goes all Wade-like for 4 games.)

However, in my opinion, to upset a clear-cut favorite in the first round, you need to have...

A) An offensive powerhouse that can ignite random offensive fireworks at any time (i.e. '07 GSW)

B) A elite level superstar who can literally carry a team to a victory. (the example that comes to mind here is Kobe in '07 against the Suns...although the Lakers didn't win the series, Kobe pulled games from out of no where and dropped 30+ in, I think, 5 of the games.)

So...then it causes me to look at the Cats.

A) Offensive firepower? Hardly. They are a dynamite defensive squad with the likes of Wallace, Thomas, and a guy who can play D when he wants in Jax. I know that Defense Wins Championships, but I just don't think that defense can pull off such a giant upset, particularly when the Magic are so good on both sides of the ball.

B) Elite superstar that can single-handedly win games? I don't even think I need to answer this one.

PS, I seriously wish Oka was still in Charlotte. Woulda loved to see Dwight to continue to pwn him...this time in the playoffs. icon_smile.gif

No team is safe in the playoffs.

Now do I think we're going to lose to the Bobcats in the 1st round? No way. Is it possible? Absolutely.

Look at our 1st round opponent last year. The 76ers gave us a wake up call, and fortunately we were able to answer and knock them out. And this was a far less talented 76ers team IMO then the Bobcats.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

No team is safe in the playoffs.

Now do I think we're going to lose to the Bobcats in the 1st round? No way. Is it possible? Absolutely.

Look at our 1st round opponent last year. The 76ers gave us a wake up call, and fortunately we were able to answer and knock them out. And this was a far less talented 76ers team IMO then the Bobcats.

the sixers gave us trouble last year cause i boooed andre miller the night before the first game at the clubhouse while watching ufc, he gave me and my friend a death stare and proceeded to try and single handedly destroy the gic.