Sign in to follow this  
habib11

My biggest fear... how easily the NBA could screw us in the playoffs..

so are you worried about the refs or the cavs improvements? i'm worried about the cavs, the refs can be shady at times though. we don't play back to backs in the playoffs.

The refs will do what they can to influence it but I severely ever doubt we will see a rip like we did between Sac/LA again, especially after the Donaghy fiasco. The NBA can't afford another blatant rip like last time.

I'll say this though, we can probably can expect some preferential treatment are way for the first two rounds as well. Ratings are king and you know that the best matchup for the ECF is us vs Cleveland. So will probably see quite a few calls go our way in round 1 and 2 to give the best chance of an ECF rematch. After that though it will end as long as Cleveland does it's part (which they most likely will) and reach the ECF as well.

It's gonna be a situation where our bench will really have to step up because you just kno there will be stretches against the Cavs where at least 2 or 3 of our starting players will be out with foul trouble. Again credit for Otis insuring that not only are we protected from injury, but also we can weather foul trouble to a few of our big time players. We can go deep at every position so when guys like Barnes, Lewis, and Howard are in trouble, Gortat, Bass/Anderson, and Pietrus can come in and we can trust them.

Truly the deepest team in the league.

I am not really sure that the Lakers will make it to the finals this year. They are not playing as well and have injuries. The Mavs, Nuggets or even the Spurs could challenge them this year. I believe that there is bad reffing going on, but Dwight makes some not so smart fouls. Dwight does get the the FT quite a bit, and we cannot blame the refs because he does not make his free throws. Dwight does get some bogus tech fouls, but he does throw down the ball and yell to much. He should not allow these other players to get into his head. Barnes, I am concerned about him getting into a fight, look what happened between him and Rafer Alston.

They tried the same thing last year too. David Stern wants to get his son and Kobe in the finals by all means necessary. Nobody cares about the Magic except the fans. They all want the Kobe vs Lebron match. And I mean who wouldnt? Who doesnt want to see a 7 game series of those two playing it out? Nobody that is who.

Dwight will get ****ed in the playoffs like the refs like he always does. If we meet Lebron again, then the bias you will see is going to be outrageous. But that is the NBA. Games are no longer officiated on the spot. Referees are given directions on how to officiate the game. And if they have a grudge with a player or coach, they will abuse their power and punish them. Its just sad how the NBA has been polluted.

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

quote:
Originally posted by habib11:

First off, I think every fanbase around the league can agree that the NBA wants a Cle/LA finals.

So with that said, is anybody else worried about the referees targetting Dwight and easily shafting us in a 7-game series? The thing is, it would be so **** easy for them to pull it off, they've been shafting D12 ALL YEAR and its like they've set a precedent.

A touch foul here, a b.s. charge there etc.. and we could be without Dwight for big stretches in multiple games. Last yr it was like that too but we were just a much better team, the Cavs have made big improvements and if the refs do target Dwight its going to be very difficult to overcome.

ummmmmm, no

I meant that the team was much better than the Cavs last year, that's not the case this year

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoMagicFan:

They tried the same thing last year too. David Stern wants to get his son and Kobe in the finals by all means necessary. Nobody cares about the Magic except the fans. They all want the Kobe vs Lebron match. And I mean who wouldnt? Who doesnt want to see a 7 game series of those two playing it out? Nobody that is who.

Dwight will get ****ed in the playoffs like the refs like he always does. If we meet Lebron again, then the bias you will see is going to be outrageous. But that is the NBA. Games are no longer officiated on the spot. Referees are given directions on how to officiate the game. And if they have a grudge with a player or coach, they will abuse their power and punish them. Its just sad how the NBA has been polluted.

i cried like 6 times and pooped a little when i read that

Wow, too many downers on the boards. I did at one time believe all these theories. If the NBA did not want Magic to be in the playoffs, they would have made sure that Magic were a lottery team. We have things alot better this year than last year. I remember last year when TNT and ESPN both said that everyone wants to play the Magic in the playoffs and not Cavs or Boston. They are not saying this now. Alot of those guys are saying that they doubt the Lakers will make it to the finals.

I really don't think there is a conspiracy against us. There may be a prejudice, but a blatantly official order for officials to bring us down -- I hope and pray -- does not exist. The NBA would never recover from such controversy.

To add hope to the fuel. I really believe our team is that much stronger and better this year. Carter has been unbelievable! This team is tough to beat when Carter, Anderson, Pietrus, Redick, and Barnes are on. Add depth with our defense in Gortat and Bass. Plus our overall team play. In other words, other teams have so much more to worry about aside from D12.

Bring it on!

quote:
Originally posted by fishybashi:

I really don't think there is a conspiracy against us. There may be a prejudice, but a blatantly official order for officials to bring us down -- I hope and pray -- does not exist. The NBA would never recover from such controversy.

To add hope to the fuel. I really believe our team is that much stronger and better this year. Carter has been unbelievable! This team is tough to beat when Carter, Anderson, Pietrus, Redick, and Barnes are on. Add depth with our defense in Gortat and Bass. Plus our overall team play. In other words, other teams have so much more to worry about aside from D12.

Bring it on!

Would never recover?

They did just fine after the Kings/Lakers WCF.

They did just fine after the ATROCIOUS 06 Finals.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

If the NBA did not want Magic to be in the playoffs, they would have made sure that Magic were a lottery team.

What?! This doesn't even make sense.