Sign in to follow this  
habib11

My biggest fear... how easily the NBA could screw us in the playoffs..

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

If the NBA did not want Magic to be in the playoffs, they would have made sure that Magic were a lottery team.

What?! This doesn't even make sense.

I do not buy into the conspiracy theory. If this theory were true, why would Stern allow the Magic to be in the playoffs at all? Why not have your refs effect enough games so that Magic would not win to be in the playoffs. There are bad refs to be sure, but not this conspiracy, I just don't buy it.

LOL because its impossible to get away with something that blatant. Come on now.

Its not a huge conspiracy theory either, its proven countless times that, especially in the playoffs, refs can easily control the games. And when you have a guy like Dwight who is so easily and subtley screwed by the refs it can be very, very easy to sway the series in one team's favour.

Its not as easy as "Ok refs, we wants this team to win, these guys to stay out of the playoffs, this and that to happen etc.." lol obviously not. But through reffing they can give advantages and disadvantages.

And I don't think the NBA has anything against the Magic (which completely kills your ridiculous theory), they just want to see Cavs/LBJ in the finals.

quote:
Originally posted by habib11:

LOL because its impossible to get away with something that blatant. Come on now.

Its not a huge conspiracy theory either, its proven countless times that, especially in the playoffs, refs can easily control the games. And when you have a guy like Dwight who is so easily and subtley screwed by the refs it can be very, very easy to sway the series in one team's favour.

Its not as easy as "Ok refs, we wants this team to win, these guys to stay out of the playoffs, this and that to happen etc.." lol obviously not. But through reffing they can give advantages and disadvantages.

And I don't think the NBA has anything against the Magic (which completely kills your ridiculous theory), they just want to see Cavs/LBJ in the finals.

I do not have a theory. All this complaining about refs does not make the Magic fans look good. Bad reffing goes both ways.

quote:

Yeah but I think the refs have something against us. Come on, Dwight leads the league in technical fouls. I am sure that they hate him by now.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

check out you tube

greatest tragedy in sports

its a 9 part series on the 2002 king lakers series.

link for those who need it

most of us dont just say the nba refs are cheats for the sake of it.

I agree the ref cheating was very bad in that playoff series; however, I think with the Tim Donaghy thing, the NBA would have to be more careful.

quote:

quote:

check out you tube

I agree the ref cheating was very bad in that playoff series; however, I think with the Tim Donaghy thing, the NBA would have to be more careful.

Also, did you watch the ECF last year?

The cheating for the Cavs was so blatant, that even ESPN was talking about.

quote:

quote:

quote:

If the NBA did not want Magic to be in the playoffs, they would have made sure that Magic were a lottery team.

I do not buy into the conspiracy theory. If this theory were true, why would Stern allow the Magic to be in the playoffs at all? Why not have your refs effect enough games so that Magic would not win to be in the playoffs. There are bad refs to be sure, but not this conspiracy, I just don't buy it.

Why would he make the officials make it "blatantly obvious" that he doesn't give two ****s about the Magic? If that were the case, the Magic would be in court with him with enough evidence to win.

I know you saw the eastern conference finals and the semi finals against Boston. You cannot sit here and tell me that the NBA doesn't favor certain teams after watching both series.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No theyre not that retarded. THey arent just gonna make it THAT blatantly obvious. They make it pretty clear that they favor the Cavs/Lebron but they arent that stupid.

I thought theyd stop favoring the Celtics but I was wrong. I hope I can find a video, but I was watching Bucks vs Celtics. Besides the fouls they were giving the Celtics one was the stupidest thing Ive seen. Glen Davis went to save a ball going out of bounds, he grabbed it (while stepping on the line) and spiked it down CLEARLY, and I mean CLEARLY out of bounds, it was like 2 feet literally, at least from the line, and the ref was staring right at it on the replay they showed and they let the Celts get away with it as a save.

It was bad. Almost as bad as Bass' offensive foul today on Varaflop

quote:

quote:

quote:

check out you tube

Also, did you watch the ECF last year?

The cheating for the Cavs was so blatant, that even ESPN was talking about.

I watched the games, and yes the calls were very bad. James gets all the calls anyway, playoffs or not. Magic still won.

if you need more people to give examples, go and ask the kings supporters and also the Spurs supports they were also shafted in a wfc series against LA. that was a shooting foul in the last second of the game.

the spurs were shafted the oportunity to win the match at the line handing LA a 3-1 lead

to give stern his lakers v boston finals match up that was a wash anyway