Obawan12

LeBron: I won't stop until I bring a title to Cleveland

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...eland/#ixzz0juaBvWxw

quote:
In an interview on NBA TV, LeBron James indicated that he "won't stop" until he reaches his goal of winning a title in Cleveland.

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

Taken literally, James' statement is newsworthy because it would mean that the Cavs' superstar, who can become a free-agent this summer, would stay in Cleveland at least as long as it takes to bring the city an NBA championship.

James also spoke glowingly about the professionalism and depth of the Cavs' roster.

The Cavs have the best record in the league, five games ahead of the Lakers.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...eland/#ixzz0juVqfjlu

What say you now, Magic fans? Does this mean all Cavs fans should become Magic fans this year and be sure the Cavs lose so he has to re-sign? icon_wink.gif (j/k, of course)

why post this crap on here most of us really dont give a **** about queen or clevland.

in fact the only time you matter is when we are kicking sorry arses out of the playoffs

+1000 man. Magic boards are being overrun with Cavs fans. Who gives a **** about James anyway?

quote:

quote:

quote:
In an interview on NBA TV, LeBron James indicated that he "won't stop" until he reaches his goal of winning a title in Cleveland.

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

Taken literally, James' statement is newsworthy because it would mean that the Cavs' superstar, who can become a free-agent this summer, would stay in Cleveland at least as long as it takes to bring the city an NBA championship.

James also spoke glowingly about the professionalism and depth of the Cavs' roster.

What say you now, Magic fans? Does this mean all Cavs fans should become Magic fans this year and be sure the Cavs lose so he has to re-sign? icon_wink.gif (j/k, of course)

why post this crap on here most of us really dont give a **** about queen or clevland.

in fact the only time you matter is when we are kicking sorry arses out of the playoffs

Why do you bother joining the Around the NBA section, then...? Stick to the Magic section and you'll be fine.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Mmmmhhhhmmmm:

quote:
Originally posted by BliV:

quote:

quote:

quote:

well said icon_smile.gif

If that's true, why are there so many LeBron/Cavs threads on this board? Now that something is posted pro-Cavs, you get all mad.

I don't think it was the article that got people upset, it was his trollish comment after his link. We get on Magic fans for this too, see Ball Junkie.

Trollish comment huh? Seeing things?

The maturity level of some of you Magic fans is astounding. If you can't speak to a cavs fan at at least a high school level without flaming, I suggest not speaking at all... (I would like to add this part is aimed at deadman and the guy who endorsed his post)

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Mmmmhhhhmmmm:

quote:
Originally posted by BliV:

quote:

quote:

quote:

well said icon_smile.gif

If that's true, why are there so many LeBron/Cavs threads on this board? Now that something is posted pro-Cavs, you get all mad.

I don't think it was the article that got people upset, it was his trollish comment after his link. We get on Magic fans for this too, see Ball Junkie.

Trollish comment huh? Seeing things?

The maturity level of some of you Magic fans is astounding. If you can't speak to a cavs fan at at least a high school level without flaming, I suggest not speaking at all... (I would like to add this part is aimed at deadman and the guy who endorsed his post)

Than stay off the Magic boards. Go where the intelligent posters are, Cavsfanatic or whatever it is.

Honest question to Cavs fans:

The way I see it Lebron has everything he could ask for in Cleveland. Cavs Management has built a championship caliber team around him that has the best record in the NBA (second time in a row). The fan support is huge. Endorsement deals are being thrown at Lebron from every direction. And, he basically plays for his home-team (no other NBA city can offer him that). So why do you think he hasn't committed to signing a contract extension yet?

I'm just asking because Kobe signed his extension yesterday and the way I look at it that is the ultimate sign of trust for his teammates. He's basically saying that he trusts management and his teammates to contend for the next few years and is therefore willing to remain a part of that team. Especially with the way the Lakers have "struggled" lately I think that Kobe's extension could be a boost for the team going into playoffs.

I'm interested to read the opinions of Cavs fans. Are you OK with Lebron not committing (not even verbally)? What do you think he is waiting for? If he really intends to stay then why not just go ahead and say it?

LBJ loves publicity. He knows that signing an extension before the end of the season would kill the hype of 2010 free agency. He'll end up resigning with Cleveland regardless.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

LBJ loves publicity. He knows that signing an extension before the end of the season would kill the hype of 2010 free agency. He'll end up resigning with Cleveland regardless.

I totally agree with this. He will take all the attention he is gonna get from this, then end up signing with Cleveland. This is all just to boost his ego even more.

quote:
Originally posted by Sebi:

Honest question to Cavs fans:

The way I see it Lebron has everything he could ask for in Cleveland. Cavs Management has built a championship caliber team around him that has the best record in the NBA (second time in a row). The fan support is huge. Endorsement deals are being thrown at Lebron from every direction. And, he basically plays for his home-team (no other NBA city can offer him that). So why do you think he hasn't committed to signing a contract extension yet?

I'm just asking because Kobe signed his extension yesterday and the way I look at it that is the ultimate sign of trust for his teammates. He's basically saying that he trusts management and his teammates to contend for the next few years and is therefore willing to remain a part of that team. Especially with the way the Lakers have "struggled" lately I think that Kobe's extension could be a boost for the team going into playoffs.

I'm interested to read the opinions of Cavs fans. Are you OK with Lebron not committing (not even verbally)? What do you think he is waiting for? If he really intends to stay then why not just go ahead and say it?

Lebron's not committing at all because I feel he wants to keep the Cavs players and management on their game and keep trying to win. It's kind of like reverse psychology, he's going to keep this NY thing going because he wants the Cavs to do everything they can to win him a championship.

Personally I think it's smart. And if Lebron leaves due to talent, I'm not going to be upset at him, I'm going to be upset at our management, but if Lebron leaves for fame, money, or his ego then I'm going to be extremely upset by him because he says he loves this city, wants to win, etc... and it's a total tease if he were to leave just to play in NY.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

For Christ's sake, he posted it on the 'Around the NBA' section. Some of you are unreal.

It's pretty embarrassing around here sometimes.