Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jameer's PG WorldView; SVG calls J. Will, "The Best Passer We Have"(link)

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:
You mean dribble until there is 8 seconds left on the shot clock and take an ill advised shot? I know I sure miss it.

You apparently have not following what Arroyo is accomplishing this year when he has been given support by both coach and

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
You mean dribble until there is 8 seconds left on the shot clock and take an ill advised shot? I know I sure miss it.

You apparently have not following what Arroyo is accomplishing this year when he has been given support by both coach and players. He has become one of the most efficient passers by becoming 2nd in TO/assit ratio in the league. I wouldnt be surprised you will be facing him in the finals at some time wher he will have some time to convince you by beating the "sheet" of your team. LOL

Very few of us care about Arroyo at all. First, he doesn't play here any longer... He plays for the other team from Florida, so why would we follow him?? Secondly, he didn't like his role here and became a cancer, (nor did his fans for that matter, ruining this board with their BS!). That is why he isn't here any more.. Plain and simple. Glad he's gone.

On a nicer note... I'd love to see he and jameer matched up in the play-offs. Then we'd finally get to put this dumb-@ss argument to rest, once and for all!

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Which of our PG's routinely pulls up 1 on 5 for three pointers? I forget sometimes.

I'll take Jason Williams for $100.00 Alec!

Thinking Jwill is a better point than Jameer because he's a better passer is roughly the equivalent of saying that Nate Robinson is a better rebounder than Charles Oakley was, because Nate Robinson can jump higher.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Yes, JWill is a very good passer. In fact, he's one of the best passers in the game - or at least used to be. The highlight reel of his youth is one of the most jawdropping displays of passing ability that I've ever seen. He can also hit the three pointer with solid frequency, and seems to excel at the dagger three that caps off a run.

However, what other skills does he have that are in any way, shape, or form above average for an NBA point guard?

Just to be clear, I have no dislike for Jason Williams, I wanted the Magic to bring him in for a long time. But to say he's better than Jameer is foolish.

As for Jameer's "WorldView" it seems to be the same as any other talented point guard - use your scoring ability to collapse the defense, which in turn creates shots for teammates. See Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash when not running the fast break, and legends such as Magic Johnson, Isiah Thomas.

Take your logic elsewhere.

I dont like the fact that he wants to score on every oppurtunity because his name isn't called on plays enough. But I guess it's good to have another scoring option.

Then again Jameer does get a lot of plays run for him.

Jameer's strength that I do like is that he can penetrate and kick it out. But the problem is that's all he'll do in terms of passing, he doesnt like to simply move/swing the ball which is really important.

I might be being too selfish, I just wish Nelson's view was "I want to make everyone around me better, I want to be making plays for others and getting my teammates the ball. I want to help Dwight dominate and help our two polished offensive players Vince and Rashard score easier"

He doesnt really do that

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

I might be being too selfish, I just wish Nelson's view was "I want to make everyone around me better, I want to be making plays for others and getting my teammates the ball. I want to help Dwight dominate and help our two polished offensive players Vince and Rashard score easier"

He doesnt really do that

How is he not doing that? By penetrating he is having the defense collapse on him because he is such a capable offensive player. This then leaves Shard or Vince open on the wings.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

He doesnt really do that

Dude, why don't you just say: "I want him to defer 100% of the time to Vince, so that Vince can get bigger numbers"

We all already know it's what you mean, and it has the added bonus of not allowing me to call you a liar.

By the way, you're a liar.

quote:
Originally posted by BakoMagic:

we need jameer to be aggressive thats when he and the team are at their best. when dwight is having trouble in the post jameer (or vc) is facilitating are our inside and out offense by driving into the lane and kicking it out to open shooters, lobbing it to dwight, or scoring himself. why is it so difficult for some of you to understand this. it is a simple basketball concept.

by the way jwill may be the best passer but he is closing in on mp for the teams worst shot selection, those pull up threes are momentum killers and he has probably made like ten percent of those all season.

Actually, J Will is 3rd on the team at 3 pt%. Rashard is .384 and J Will is .380. I believe Jameer is our starter, but stats prove that J Will is a pretty good long range shooter.

quote:
Man, I had been missing the Fanroyos ever since Carlos left the team! No, not really.

I especially love how these fans always use qualifiers such as "when he has been given support by both coach and players." Meaning the other many stops in his career he must NOT have received it. So, in other words, in a perfect, ideal scenario, Arroyo can be a good point guard.

Think back to what your parents used to say to you when you blamed a bad grade on a teacher.

Is it not a fact that he is 2nd in TO/assist ratio? Are you escaping the issue and my parents are resting in peace knowing I can handle jerks like you.