Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Lee Humphrey or Chris Richard anyone?

Anyone think he will do what Pitino did for him and give any of his former players a shot at the NBA? I bet we see at least one of his former players get a camp invite, if for nothing else they know the system and will be good to practice against for the current Magic roster. I like Richard, I believe he could be better than Haslem and believe he will go undrafted just like Haslem.

Anyone think he will do what Pitino did for him and give any of his former players a shot at the NBA? I bet we see at least one of his former players get a camp invite, if for nothing else they know the system and will be good to practice against for the current Magic roster. I like Richard, I believe he could be better than Haslem and believe he will go undrafted just like Haslem.

quote:
Originally posted by Formula 1:

He will not be given any front office responsibilities so he can't make those decisions.

BS he will not actively trade a player, but you can bet he has some say.

I think we already have Humphrey in JJ Redick. I would love to see Chris Richard here though, if he does go un drafted I think he should, and probably will get a camp invite

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

I think we already have Humphrey in JJ Redick. I would love to see Chris Richard here though, if he does go un drafted I think he should, and probably will get a camp invite

Yea I agree. Redick and Travis Denier = not good for Humphrey comnig here.... icon_frown.gif

quote:
Originally posted by LilCo187:

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

Yea I agree. Redick and Travis Denier = not good for Humphrey comnig here.... icon_frown.gif

Makes you wonder where Travis will fit in to any of this once the cards fall during free agency....In Billy's system Travis would be lights out.

quote:
He will not be given any front office responsibilities so he can't make those decisions.

5.5 million is too much for an unproven NBA coach. IMO, the amount we are paying shows how highly this team respects a guy like Billy D, and would certainly listen to his opinions. That said, I also think that coaches do have some say on who to cut, sign or invite for summer league and training camp.

Assuming that we remain with the 3 2nd-round picks, I wouldn't be surprised to see the following philosophy used.

The 1st pick: If Taurean Green is still available, we will take him. To have a PG that already knows Billy's offense would be greatly beneficial, including to those that are already here.

The 3rd pick: If Chris Richard is still on the board, we will take him. The perfect back-up PF. From what I've read, there is some doubt as to whether or not he will be drafted at all.

The Magic could take a chance that he won't be drafted, then invite both him and Humphries come to camp and give them a shot. I wouldn't take that risk with Richard unless either my 2nd or 3rd pick was a PF. With Gortat and Augustine both in the wings, there could be a monstrous battle for back-up PF.