Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Anti- Hill...90 to 95 %...From where

I dont think you sound nasty, it is a fair question.

I think most of us in the forum would rather see another coach. It has been what, two years of the same old crap. Just since the All Star break is when you see them trying to un more, but to run more to setup the same old play. Throw it to the post, or isolate the SG/SF. That's it. THen people just stand around.

You see other good offenses and they are always running around, trying to get open, instead of just standing there.

That's my problem with him.

He is a pretty good motivator, and keeps the team profesional and the players are threated right. But his offense just sucks.

Make a new poll, with only two options. Simple.

Question:

Do you want Brian Hill fired for next year?

Yes

No

that is all.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Like Smack is ...I shall be .

Where's the fact's ...Let's see the numbers ...

It will help me make a choice this summer.

Why do you need to know percentages of what other fans think of Brian Hill?

Can you not judge for yourself?

You either think his substitutions are good or you don't. You either think his offensive schemes are good or you don't. Etc...

If 90% of fans hate Hill will that really make you hate him too?

quote:

I won't hate him...for I hate no man.

but as far as the team goes ...It makes a major decision easier for me to make...

because it's about the many and not the few.

When I say hate I mean hate his coaching like it seems many on this board do.

And it shouldn't matter what the many think about his coaching. You should be able to tell yourself if he is coaching well or not.

Besides, there is no known percentage out there. When people say "90 to 95%" they are pulling percentages out of a hat. Or they are going by polls on the magic message board which is a very small population sample.

Bottom line is that you should judge for yourself and not go along with the masses because there are more of them.

And the NBA is a business to make money and entertain...Which is the masses ...Which is a Catch 22.

So your stuck...

like in our beautifull country ...The majority wins...Or so they say.

I'm just curious.

quote:

And the NBA is a business to make money and entertain...Which is the masses ...Which is a Catch 22.

If you were Rich DeVoss, the Magic CEO, or General Manager then yeah, you should care if your fans are unhappy or think the team sucks. If the fans don't go then you dont make money.

Even Magic management shouldn't make a coaching decision based on the fans. They should make the decision based on how the team is playing and how the coach is doing. If the team wins then the fans will go to games.

But if you are a fan you shouldn't care what other fans think. You should make a decision on your own based on how you feel about the team.

It's not about me ...It's about you guys and the team...that's why I wait on my decision, till the season is done ...

to make a decision ...

that's why I like Smack ...he's true with the numbers ...

And we as fans have the numbers and that is why I ask.

quote:

I don't really follow the Hill saga ...But when i do read some of it ...I keep seeing these numbers , 90-95% of fans pop up.

Where do they come from ...I'm just curious.

Is it from a few hundred ...or the many thousands of fans.

A poll on the message board had about 90% of the respondents wanting him to be fired - a high majority of the voters of that 90% wanted him fired now rather than the end of the season.. The moderators have the poll buried somewhere - it may still exist, but I don't know where to find it. They won't let it stand on the main board.

quote:

Is that the only poll ...maybe 70 out of 1300.

There has got to be more Somewheres ...the way you guys talk...

I'm curious.

There isn't an actual number JD. Its all guesses and estimation. The best suggestion that I could make is to use this message board as a sort of control group. Almost everyone on here is a Magic fan. You're on here as much as anyone...if you were to guess how many of us are Anti-Hill? 90% is probably a pretty close number.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

Is that the only poll ...maybe 70 out of 1300.

There has got to be more Somewheres ...the way you guys talk...

I'm curious.

There isn't an actual number JD. Its all guesses and estimation. The best suggestion that I could make is to use this message board as a sort of control group. Almost everyone on here is a Magic fan. You're on here as much as anyone...if you were to guess how many of us are Anti-Hill? 90% is probably a pretty close number.

JD, I can't find the poll and I started it - I started it for a 4th time and the moderators have stopped it or buried it somewhere - they move it within minutes - they must have an alert system that say - there goes Knappy again starting another Fire Brian Hill poll. The most votes we got was around 50 and it comes in around 90% to fire Brian Hill, but these moderators are fast.

I put in a request to start another Fire Brian Hill poll and asked if they would leave it this time - the Magic must have told them no fire Brian Hill polls.