Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Official Magic NBA 2k10 Thread

So I've been thinking about making this thread for a long time. NBA 2k10 is obviously the best b-ball game out there but it has some flaws, and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth 60 bucks a year.

The Gameplay is a B+

The Negatives, IMO are:

Stupid COM parking in our painted area just to have an offensive 3 second violation' called - that happens a lot and it's really dumb.

COM entering superman mode a lot - Blocking every shot, Hitting every shot.

Dribbling is still hard

Scrubs playing like LeBron

My Player mode is great, but being penalized for "bad steal attempts" irritates me.

The rest is awesome.

Now, stuff related to the Magic in the game:

Can't they get our friggin rotations right? What tha..? Brandon Bass has been playing every night and they still have him playing 0 minutes..

Plus, Barnes and VC don't wear the Allen Iverson sleeves anymore.. NBA Today has some good things, but 2k guys seem lazy.

Now the Player ratings:

VC 78 - Really? The Same as Artest? GTFO

Redick 55 - Wow, that's really offensive

Barnes' 3pt Shooting Rating is WAY low

Dwight's post moves are unexistant.. that sucks

MP better than Barnes?

Team Rating: 80.. wth? Do I even need to say anything?

Share your thoughts

So I've been thinking about making this thread for a long time. NBA 2k10 is obviously the best b-ball game out there but it has some flaws, and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth 60 bucks a year.

The Gameplay is a B+

The Negatives, IMO are:

Stupid COM parking in our painted area just to have an offensive 3 second violation' called - that happens a lot and it's really dumb.

COM entering superman mode a lot - Blocking every shot, Hitting every shot.

Dribbling is still hard

Scrubs playing like LeBron

My Player mode is great, but being penalized for "bad steal attempts" irritates me.

The rest is awesome.

Now, stuff related to the Magic in the game:

Can't they get our friggin rotations right? What tha..? Brandon Bass has been playing every night and they still have him playing 0 minutes..

Plus, Barnes and VC don't wear the Allen Iverson sleeves anymore.. NBA Today has some good things, but 2k guys seem lazy.

Now the Player ratings:

VC 78 - Really? The Same as Artest? GTFO

Redick 55 - Wow, that's really offensive

Barnes' 3pt Shooting Rating is WAY low

Dwight's post moves are unexistant.. that sucks

MP better than Barnes?

Team Rating: 80.. wth? Do I even need to say anything?

Share your thoughts

i agree with the majority of your post.

i'm a little upset with dwights post moves...but if you go into practice and actually work on spins and drible move and pump fakes you can get him to be quite effective in the paint.

jj redick upsets me.

i've had 1 Game all year that jj had 35 pts, however.....i dont know how i did it.....

Vince is good.....but he deserves more than a 78 rating..

barnes can hit the 3pter, but he has to be WIDE open.

the team rating is bollocks.

Actually VC is now an 80, I just played last night online.

As for playing online, if you play against a cheeser, prepare to be annoyed by the abundance of lead passes that are impossible to stop, and an easy dunk or layup for their big man.

I once played the Blazers, and Aldridge dropped 40 points on me on 20-20 shooting. Ridonculous.

But still a good game if you play with people that don't cheese

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

find me if your on x box live, p nut1423.

i stopped developing my pg/sg and i deleted my big, but i can always go back to it.

PS3, buddy. God of War 3 says hi!

LOL, let's not turn this into a PS3-XBOX360 slash 2k10-Live war.

--

Vince is an 80 now? Awesome

I bought the game and had it for 2-3 days and took it back. The My Player mode was fun, but I just couldn't get into it.

I like 2k9 a lot better, but for no real reason.

I do, however, always enjoy doing the fantasy draft with my brother-in-law, and getting a solid team and playing games.

As far as the ratings, they are flawed for a lot of players. Boobie Gibson was like a 60 when the game came out, Eddie House was like a 64 or something. They're a lot different than last year's ratings, but I'd say they are pretty accurate if you look at everyone's.

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

find me if your on x box live, p nut1423.

i stopped developing my pg/sg and i deleted my big, but i can always go back to it.

PS3, buddy. God of War 3 says hi!

LOL, let's not turn this into a PS3-XBOX360 slash 2k10-Live war.

--

Vince is an 80 now? Awesome

i do like ps3, but halo, certain other games, and the fact that all of my friends are on x box live got me to live... i'm thinking of getting a ps3 just for some games though, no war necessary.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

I bought the game and had it for 2-3 days and took it back. The My Player mode was fun, but I just couldn't get into it.

I like 2k9 a lot better, but for no real reason.

I do, however, always enjoy doing the fantasy draft with my brother-in-law, and getting a solid team and playing games.

As far as the ratings, they are flawed for a lot of players. Boobie Gibson was like a 60 when the game came out, Eddie House was like a 64 or something. They're a lot different than last year's ratings, but I'd say they are pretty accurate if you look at everyone's.

yes, the player mode is the only thing i really like about 2k10 it's why i stopped playing it, but i am too lazy to take things back.

Has 2k done anything with Dwight's rebounding? Maybe it's just me, but when I played 2k the last several years I would only average around 9 rpg with Dwight. I did a season on Live and got 13 rpg with Dwight. But the issue is, Shard is getting 9 rpg as well lol.

The thing that gets me is that the magic are like 84 overall right now but we're playing the best out of anybody and the league.

What's the point of having player progression if it doesn't account for hot streaks and and playing great defense a bunch of games in a row. Once players cool down then move their ratings back to the mean but right now our players should reflect how well we're playing.

We should at least have the highest defensive rating in the league right now, 84 overall defense doesn't cut it. I think 2k is just being lazy too... i think i'm going to live next year to be honest..