Sign in to follow this  
Arex Bawrin

Just watched the Sports Reporters...

quote:
Originally posted by anish_vince:

why dont they just let the GAME decide... all thsi bs talk whats the point of having other teams fighting for glory... if LeBron and Kobe deserve they will meet...

for me its a DALLAS/DENVER vs. MAGIC finals...

wahtever, fuk ESPN...

who gives a FUK what they say....

+1

I could give two white bread italian cheese ****s what the NBA wants and what they think the league owes it. When the Magic go and whip the Cavs *** and everyone is crying about missing out on LeQueen vs. Kobe again I'm going to laugh my *** off. Then I'm going to go watch a REAL NBA Finals series, between the two teams that DESERVE to be there.

Oh and as it was said earlier in this thread: It's **** like this that makes people believe the league is fixed. Take a memo from the NFL NBA. When you have no idea who is going to rise up and win the championship, small market or big market, no name or big name, people care and are generally excited to watch. That's why the NFL is king.

Actually, LeBron v Kobe would get much better ratings than Lakers vs. Orlando and even more than a team that's not Lakers vs. any East team... it's just how it works, get ****ing real.

quote:
Originally posted by Arex Bawrin:

They were all gushing to a potential Lebron vs. Kobe finale. They said the NBA needs this to save the league and such and such. ESPN makes me sick sometimes. The only way the Magic get any airtime on this network is if d-bags like Jon Barry have something negative to say about D12 or our offensive style. F*k ESPN.

No, no. Why ESPN always have to look on negative side ?

Cavs can't get to NBA finals so LeBron would leave them for sure and go to biggest NBA market, New York (Knicks or soon to be Nets) so he could bring much more money for the league in the future.

They should think long term, not so close-minded, not just about present season icon_wink.gif

It is going to be hilarious when neither team, the lakers nor the cavs, make the playoffs. Then all the analysts would look so stupid.

I am confident that we will win the east and the Mavs or Nugs can eliminate the lakers in the WCF. The lakers actually might struggle a bit in the first round if they face the current 8 seed, the blazers, who always give the lakers a good run

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Actually, LeBron v Kobe would get much better ratings than Lakers vs. Orlando and even more than a team that's not Lakers vs. any East team... it's just how it works, get ****ing real.

Even so, if that's your opinion, if the Cavaliers and the Lakers don't make it out of their respective conferences to contend for the title, while the ratings for any other time might not be as big, the teams who move onto the finals will still draw numbers, even if not bigger than what it could be.

Besides we've already had two national televised games between the Cavs and the Lakers, granted it wasn't for a title but still they played already and quite frankly I enjoyed Magic vs. Lakers better than I did Cavs vs. Lakers. But whatever, it doesn't mean that two teams should get into the finals simply because the league want to draw numbers, it is whoever beat the other teams 4 times over.

ANY one of those 16 playoff teams can win this title. ANY of them and we would be foolish to think it will be this team vs that team based on what we think will draw the masses. Who knows, if it is not Cavs vs Lakers, some other teams might have more drama filled that draws more people to their television screen.

And you know, I'll be rooting for the Magic the whole way. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

Who knows, if it is not Cavs vs Lakers, some other teams might have more drama filled that draws more people to their television screen.

Obviously any team that gets in to the playoffs has a chance to win, but there won't be a bigger rating than Cavs/Lakers. It's not about the fan bases. It's about the entire U.S.

Everyone knows who LeBron and Kobe are, and they are well aware of how good they are. People that live in Maine would watch it, people that live in Idaho would watch it, people that live in Mississippi would watch it, etc. etc...

Personally, I'm more excited to see a Cavs/Magic ECF than a Cavs/Lakers NBA Finals. The games they've played this year have had as much friction and entertainment as what a Finals game would.

i guess you can see our frustration when dwight gets pretty lame calls against him then.

how are we not to believe that guys like bavetta would throw a game to see things like the conference finals last longer?

or even to see certain teams make it to the finals.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

Who knows, if it is not Cavs vs Lakers, some other teams might have more drama filled that draws more people to their television screen.

Obviously any team that gets in to the playoffs has a chance to win, but there won't be a bigger rating than Cavs/Lakers. It's not about the fan bases. It's about the entire U.S.

Everyone knows who LeBron and Kobe are, and they are well aware of how good they are. People that live in Maine would watch it, people that live in Idaho would watch it, people that live in Mississippi would watch it, etc. etc...

Personally, I'm more excited to see a Cavs/Magic ECF than a Cavs/Lakers NBA Finals. The games they've played this year have had as much friction and entertainment as what a Finals game would.

I simply meant that, even if it is not Lakers vs. Cavs in the finals, other teams could bring more audience then what some might assume, not more than those teams mentioned but more that what people think.

quote:

Even so, if that's your opinion, if the Cavaliers and the Lakers don't make it out of their respective conferences to contend for the title, while the ratings for any other time might not be as big, the teams who move onto the finals will still draw numbers, even if not bigger than what it could be.