Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

NBA

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

True, LeBron can't score 85+ points by himself. But do you plan to shut out every player except for him? If you play him 1 on 1, he will destroy you. Simple as that, because there is no favorable matchup. If you double him, he has a load of 3 point shooters to throw to, including the power forward.

If all 30 teams are firing on all cylinders, Cleveland is the hardest one to beat.

If all 30 teams are firing on all cylinders, Cleveland doesn't crack the top 4 because they are too dependent on a single player.

Orlando has shown that they can lure LeBron into taking more jumpers than usual, instead of driving, and they can do this guarding him 1 on 1 with the luxury of having Dwight guard the paint.

Denver has shown they can beat Cleveland in Cleveland.

I'm not convinced Cleveland can handle the newly retooled Mav's if they are "firing on all cylinders".

Maybe a toss up with the Lakers, so, tied for fourth. How's that?

The Jazz would probably be a toss up as well.

you'd be surprised to see what the thunder can do firing on all cylinders too, that's my dark horse out there in the west.

i'd call kevin durant dark horse but my nickname for him is already 'durant durant'

quote:

Uh, he didn't even shoot 50% for the series. Don't think that has anything to do with free throws.

2 of the 4 games that were LOST went into overtime. Just one extra freethrow would have sealed the game.

Come to think of it, the team sucked as a whole in freethrows that whole series.

So technically, we were our own worst enemies.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

Did any of you actually read the article?

What would indicate otherwise? Except for AnotherCavsFan's remark.

Thread title indicated a discussion.

That being said, I don't see how Dwight is impossible to gameplan for. If you double him, you open up the 3, and if you don't you let him get 30 and 20. That is, unless, you have a guy that can physically match up with him, get him in foul trouble, and make him work for his rebounds and baskets. There's only a few people that I think could d up on him: Duncan, Shaq, KPerk, Yao, and Bynum. The only one that doesn't match up physically of those is Yao, but hes 7 1/2 feet tall. One would think he could at least make Dwight work to score.

BYNUM LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Shaq doesnt guard he fouls out , Perk gets in foul trouble , Ducan ...watever , Yao ming...ehh...

You are in denial... Perkins does a terrific job on Howard every single time. He does get into foul trouble from time to time, but he plays him really good. Yao?? He's a Howard stopper also. Howard looks soooo small next to him and I believe Houston doesn't even need to double team Howard with Yao on the floor...the dude is really tall!

Everyone keeps saying Howard dominates Shaq, but I have yet to see that. Our last game against the Cavs they both had good games and Howard has only dominated once when Shaq was playing for Miami.

And yeah....Howard didn't play all that well last year against the Lakers!

He's still the best Center in the NBA and will still require a double team on most games.

quote:

quote:

Uh, he didn't even shoot 50% for the series. Don't think that has anything to do with free throws.

2 of the 4 games that were LOST went into overtime. Just one extra freethrow would have sealed the game.

Come to think of it, the team sucked as a whole in freethrows that whole series.

So technically, we were our own worst enemies.

You could say the same about FG%...

We lost because the Lakers were better and knew how to play us.

quote:

No, because one is uncontested.

I am not saying the Lakers did not play better. However, we were our undoing by not capitalizing at the charity stripe.

It could have easily been 3-1 the other way around. Most people forget how close the series really was.

And not only that, I want to see how many we missed as oppose to our season average.

He better not dribble that or I'll have to call him for palming...

Then again, I might not call it because he IS Basketball Jesus.

quote:

quote:

No, because one is uncontested.

I am not saying the Lakers did not play better. However, we were our undoing by not capitalizing at the charity stripe.

It could have easily been 3-1 the other way around. Most people forget how close the series really was.

And not only that, I want to see how many we missed as oppose to our season average.

i agree but i would also add the lakers finished games better

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

you'd be surprised to see what the thunder can do firing on all cylinders too, that's my dark horse out there in the west.

i'd call kevin durant dark horse but my nickname for him is already 'durant durant'

Black Beauty, he was a dark horse!

Nice article, good read.

I think Dwight's a real headache on both ends, especially since his FT have improved and he's calmed the frustration down. Post season is gonna be a blast