Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

The Official Rashard Sucked vs. Boston thread ($$$)

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

And you are fairly right about number 3...except I completely innocent of that one.

Were you in the chat? I haven't been able to enter for nearly a year due to a browser issue that I just don't feel like fixing. I can just imagine how many people in the chat last night were oohing and aahing over their own support of Shard while hemming and hahing about how stupid I am for criticizing him, especiialy in light of such a brilliant performance in yet another big game.

Phily, NJ, Det 2x, Tor, Pheonix

RA sure receives a lot of credit on this board for his play against these killa's, despite the fact he was permitted to hand off his defensive assignments against Amare & Bosh to D12, & only managed to stay healthy for 6 of 10 games he had the opportunity to start in...

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Phily, NJ, Det 2x, Tor, Pheonix

RA sure receives a lot of credit on this board for his play against these killa's, despite the fact he was permitted to hand off his defensive assignments against Amare & Bosh to D12, & only managed to stay healthy for 6 of 10 games he had the opportunity to start in...

Regardless of what you think about the quality of opponents we played during the beginning of the season, it doesn't negate the fact that RA averaged 15pts/5reb in only 23 minutes as our sterter (figures that are actually below those of his career average as an NBA starter in only 2 short years), numbers that Shard hasn't been able to duplicate in 33 minutes per game.

I hardly feel that your mention of RA handing off his assignments of Bosh & Amare to Dwight support your case since both Bosh & Amare went off in those respective games.

A rolled ankle is hardly an injury concern.

Besides, your criticism of RA is likely taken with a grain of salt the same way my criticism of Shard is.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I hardly feel that your mention of RA handing off his assignments of Bosh & Amare to Dwight support your case since both Bosh & Amare went off in those respective games.

It's relevant when several posters have suggested RA can fill in for Shard w/o the team missing a beat.

Offensively, ok. Defensively, his presence changed the entire team dynamic in 33% of the games he played due to his inability to defend his man.

I've never been a fan of Shards or the stretch 4, but Shard is far less a liability on the defensive end than RA.

quote:

It's relevant when several posters have suggested RA can fill in for Shard w/o the team missing a beat.

Offensively, ok. Defensively, his presence changed the entire team dynamic in 33% of the games he played due to his inability to defend his man.

I've never been a fan of Shards or the stretch 4, but Shard is far less a liability on the defensive end than RA.

So when Shard is available to play, Dwight doesn't guard Amare or Bosh nearly exclusively?

Show me why you feel "Shard is far less a liability on the defensive end than RA", when RA has a better rebound rating and defensive rating.

quote:

quote:

So when Shard is available to play, Dwight doesn't guard Amare or Bosh nearly exclusively?

Show me why you feel "Shard is far less a liability on the defensive end than RA", when RA has a better rebound rating and defensive rating.

Is D12 on Bosh & Amare dictated by the opponent going small w/those 2 at center or by fear from the opening tip when Shard is in the lineup?

Why did RA only manage 23 minutes per game as a starter despite his hot shooting?

How often is Lewis' PT dictated by matchups?

How often has Lewis missed rotations because he's such an enormous defensive liability?

RA has been shielded defensively all season long the way JJ used to be & still is to a lesser extent. Is that not accurate?

Would that be necessary if there wasn't a drop off defensively from Shard to RA? Because as big a defensive liability as Shard is, I don't see SVG avoiding the type of matchups with Shard he has consistently gone out of his way to avoid with RA all season long.

Sidenote: It's not surprising to see Bass as the only PF with a positive +/- w/o D12 on the floor this year or to see RA & Shard with the 2nd & 3rd worst +/- stats w/o D12 on the floor.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is D12 on Bosh & Amare dictated by the opponent going small w/those 2 at center or by fear from the opening tip when Shard is in the lineup?

Why did RA only manage 23 minutes per game as a starter despite his hot shooting?

How often is Lewis' PT dictated by matchups?

How often has Lewis missed rotations because he's such an enormous defensive liability?

RA has been shielded defensively all season long the way JJ used to be & still is to a lesser extent. Is that not accurate?

Would that be necessary if there wasn't a drop off defensively from Shard to RA? Because as big a defensive liability as Shard is, I don't see SVG avoiding the type of matchups with Shard he has consistently gone out of his way to avoid with RA all season long.

Sidenote: It's not surprising to see Bass as the only PF with a positive +/- w/o D12 on the floor this year or to see RA & Shard with the 2nd & 3rd worst +/- stats w/o D12 on the floor.

where did you get those +/- stat?

quote:
Originally posted by siradam134:

after the heat game..... this thread is:

fail.jpg

EMO CAKE FTW!!!!