Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Is America really that Stupid?

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Sarah Palin does have one mark against her when it comes to experience she was never a Community Organizer.

...and, of course, she's a complete idiot. Like you.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Sarah Palin does have one mark against her when it comes to experience she was never a Community Organizer.

Way to dodge my post.

She is dumber than a door knob and you can't defend it.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

Even republicans were skeptical of her to be honest. I hardly met a republican that weren't embarrassed by her.

Who wouldn't be after this gem:

Couric: And when it comes to establishing your worldview, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this to stay informed and to understand the world?

Palin: I've read most of them, again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media.

Couric: What, specifically?

Palin: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years.

Couric: Can you name a few?

Palin: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news, too. Alaska isn't a foreign country, where it's kind of suggested, "Wow, how could you keep in touch with what the rest of Washington, D.C., may be thinking when you live up there in Alaska?" Believe me, Alaska is like a microcosm of America.

Oh I forgot, these are all "gotcha" questions, as Palin so eloquently put it.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

LOL @ People calling a state governor (of Alaska) an idiot/dumb/etc.

What have you done with YOUR lives?

FTFY.

I am in medical school, training to be a future oncologist.

You were saying?

I'll call anybody dumb. Title doesn't mean everything. In fact, saying dumb things when you have that title makes a person even more dumb and I'm not just talking about Sarah Palin.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

LOL @ People calling a state governor (of Alaska) an idiot/dumb/etc.

What have you done with YOUR lives?

FTFY.

I am in medical school, training to be a future oncologist.

You were saying?

Then you should realize how hard it is to make better your life situation and afford the same respect to others who have done so as well.

Doesn't mean you have to like them.

You all do realize that EVERYONE makes questionable comments and the media basically decides who its going to fry for it and who its going to let slide? Its the nature of the mainstream media.

I'll ask you guys a question, how many times have you heard the media play these following quotes (or seen an SNL parody of them)?

quote:
Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S.

quote:
When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed. He said, "look, here's what happened."

^^^ Roosevelt wasn't president in 1929 nor did TV's exist.

quote:
Uh, uh, Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up, Chuck, let

quote:
Racist much?

Yes, Joe Biden is so racist that Obama would never pick him as his VP, you know, him being black and all...

Oh wait..

So that's fail right there.

quote:
Then you should realize how hard it is to make better your life situation and afford the same respect to others who have done so as well.

Doesn't mean you have to like them.

I still don't think you understand the point of my posts.

My argument is not that I do not like her. It's that she was unqualified to be the VP or the person standing in line to be the President once McCain croaks.

It's unfathomable that you point to her gaffs as equivalent to someone just "messing up" (like Biden gaffing how many letters are in the word "jobs") while they speak. Read up some of her quotes; it's obvious that she is VERY ignorant about several issues regarding the American public.

quote:
Yes, Joe Biden is so racist that Obama would never pick him as his VP, you know, him being black and all...

Oh wait..

You do realize that there are different types of racism, right? It doesn't all have to be wearing white hoods and burning crosses. That statement was about as racist as it gets, as was the indian one, and if a Republican said it they'd have been tarred and feathered.

He was complimenting Obama at the expense of every other hard-working, "literate", good-looking black man in the country, if you can't see that....

quote:
My argument is not that I do not like her. It's that she was unqualified to be the VP or the person standing in line to be the President once McCain croaks.

It's unfathomable that you point to her gaffs as equivalent to someone just "messing up" while they speak. Read up some of her quotes; it's obvious that she is VERY ignorant about several issues regarding the American public.

She was obviously well qualified to run a state, what makes a senator (especially one with less than 7 years experience) more qualified to run the country? That he's more privy to Washington insiders and beltway politics? That he went to Harvard?

Osprey, that's not really a fair critique for a couple reasons.

First, Joe Biden's been around forever, whereas Palin was an unknown. When Biden says something stupid, and as a known gaff machine that happened frequently, people could compare what he'd said to his record and to previous quotes. If Sarah Palin said something, it was all anyone had to go on. So when she started saying laughably stupid things and looking completely clueless about national and world issues in interviews, we really hadn't much reason to believe that those weren't her actual thoughts.

And if you want to talk about a politician getting unfairly treated by the media leading up to an election, you should start with Al Gore. Regardless of what you think of Al Gore's career since 2000, it should remain pretty clear that Al Gore got shafted something awful by the media in how he was portrayed leading up to the election, particularly with the media's presentation of "Al Gore quotes", which were most often blatant misquotes. Hell, Al Gore's most famous quote, strictly because of the media, is "I invented the internet" which is actually not even close to what he actually said, and when you look at what he DID say in context, it's not only not objectionable, it's entirely accurate.