Sign in to follow this  
Hank Moody

Hedo Turkoglu

I think its funny that the media still goes on about how we lost so much with Hedu and how we're not the same team without him.

Anyway, Hedu got his big payday, good for him. I still like his game.

Some of the raps fans on Real GM are willing to trade Bosh for nothing if somebody will take Turk with him LOL. It sounds like he hasn't made a very good impression there!

Did anyone hear today reggie cleaning Turks ***hole, he couldnt shut up about how Turk is better than carter etc.

I know Reggie is terrible and hates the magic for whatever past reason he wants.... but common Turk > Carter..... pffft... Otis called it and Im glad on that, so many times last year I remember watching turk f-up and not play any defense! cant believe he got one vote for defensive player of the year!

From Barnes' twitter:

quote:
I would luv 2 match up w/ hedo he's a hell of a player and was a big part of this team last year. That would b fun. VC would kill

THIS **** JUST GOT REAL.

quote:
Originally posted by ThizzOrDie:

At first I was pissed at us not resigning him. But now, I laugh at Toronto for signing him.

Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

From Barnes' twitter:

quote:
I would luv 2 match up w/ hedo he's a hell of a player and was a big part of this team last year. That would b fun. VC would kill

THIS **** JUST GOT REAL.

Wow...that's some pretty heavy stuff

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

Did anyone hear today reggie cleaning Turks ***hole, he couldnt shut up about how Turk is better than carter etc.

I know Reggie is terrible and hates the magic for whatever past reason he wants.... but common Turk > Carter..... pffft... Otis called it and Im glad on that, so many times last year I remember watching turk f-up and not play any defense! cant believe he got one vote for defensive player of the year!

But he did point out that there numbers are nearly identicle this season. Hedos are actually a little bit better. Carter killed his stats in January. If he hadn't, his numbers would be much better than Hedos.

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

quote:

But he did point out that there numbers are nearly identicle this season. Hedos are actually a little bit better. Carter killed his stats in January. If he hadn't, his numbers would be much better than Hedos.

Wrong.

Those were Turks numbers from last season. This season his stats are worse than Carter's.

quote:
Originally posted by Popsicle:

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

quote:

Wrong.

Those were Turks numbers from last season. This season his stats are worse than Carter's.

Last season Turk stats are alomst the same like Carter's from current season. But VC killed it in January and he's playing much more effcient for last 18 games, (over 18 pts and over 50% shooting both from 3s and from the field) he should lift his stats litle more up with games still left to play.

Last year Hedo with Magic and current VC:

Hedo 16.3 pts .416 FG .362 3P .810 FT REB 5.1 AST 4.9 2.7 TO

Vince 16.4 pts .420 FG .359 3P .840 FT REB 4.1 AST 2.9 1.5 TO

Hedo has only one advantage, assist but you pay for two with 1.2 tournover. All other stats alomost the same. Vince gives Barnes in starting lineup so it actually improves rebounding a lot, important thing with "power forward" like Shard in lineup.

Also it improves defense. VC can guard most of the SF (BTW better from Hedo) and Barnes can defend oponnents SG, flexability on SF-SG defense, always having best premieter defender on oponents best premieter scorer, making his life difficult, lesser need for double teaming.

All things that Barnes does are better from what C.Lee or Peaches were giving last year, it's not just about Carter himself, also who and how can play around him.

And it's not like we're losing in assists (we averaged 19.3 last season and average 19.1 this season) since Nelson and JWill have basically picked it up, relieving us of a sloppy 6'10 who couldn't finish at the rim and loved yelling incoherent things as he pretended to get hit and flail his arms around whilst throwing the ball up in the air hoping the refs call a foul or Howard cleans it up.