Sign in to follow this  
BradzMagicFinz

Someone please help me understand this..

now as seeing the game against the lakers as close as it was,where we won by 2 points. i think that basket by peitrus on the out of bounds lob by barnes i think, was totally legal. i mean seriously how many time did we see turkoglu do that,even the game winner lob to dwight against the spurs a couple years ago. so please someone help me understand how the basket that pietrus made did not count?

now as seeing the game against the lakers as close as it was,where we won by 2 points. i think that basket by peitrus on the out of bounds lob by barnes i think, was totally legal. i mean seriously how many time did we see turkoglu do that,even the game winner lob to dwight against the spurs a couple years ago. so please someone help me understand how the basket that pietrus made did not count?

Pretty sure they were calling it offensive goaltending even though it wasn't. The inbounds pass was fine, they just claimed the ball was above the cylinder when Peaches was in contact with it (which is false).

quote:
Originally posted by Kangarooster:

Pretty sure they were calling it offensive goaltending even though it wasn't. The inbounds pass was fine, they just claimed the ball was above the cylinder when Peaches was in contact with it (which is false).

I didn't get to see a replay, but seemed pretty close.

I think its a rule the league needs to look at because i have never seen that called before and also even if the ball is above the cylinder,how is a guy eligable to shoot from out of bounds,lol. im just saying them two points could of been very costly last night,but thankfully our magic men pulled it out.

Its one of those calls that can go either way, obviously the refs called it against us last night to help the league. Stern built in a few of those calls to help the refs do their job.

It doesn't matter. THERE WAS NO SHOT ATTEMPT. There cannot be basket interference on a pass from out of bounds since Barnes can't shoot from there.

Just an awful call.

Part c of the actual wording of the goaltending rule is that the referees must conclude that the ball could have scored.

Given that it was an inbounds pass, where scoring is impossible, goaltending was a completely, wildly incorrect call.

Unfortunately this is Stern's NBA and in this league the refs ref to the score more than the game. That bucket would have, I believe, put the Magic up by 9 with 6 min. left. It took an amazing last 5 minutes by Kobe to bring them within 2 let alone 4 if that bucket counted.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

It doesn't matter. THERE WAS NO SHOT ATTEMPT. There cannot be basket interference on a pass from out of bounds since Barnes can't shoot from there.

Just an awful call.

Exactly, I'm glad we won. Because I would've gone nuts if we would've lost thanks to that bull**** call.