Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

"Kobe Stopper" wants to get PAID(espn)Update pg.3

quote:

How important is Matt Barnes to the Magic? He's so important, according to Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel, that the Magic won't be as good next season if they don't keep him. Barnes has a player option of $1.6 million for next season, which Schmitz doesn't think is enough.

Schmitz writes: "Matt Barnes can opt out of his contract after the season ends, and if the Magic let him leave, they will go backward in their title quest. Pay the man. ... He's the lowest-paid starter, and it's criminal. They need to convince him to stay even if it means going deeper into the tax or trading away somebody else. Barnes was clearly the difference in the Magic's win on Sunday against the defending champion Lakers. Clearly. He got under Kobe Bryant's skin."

Barnes agrees that he's worth more to the Magic and should be paid.

"I want to stay here, of course ... but I need to get paid, too," Barnes said.

LOL...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

quote:

How important is Matt Barnes to the Magic? He's so important, according to Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel, that the Magic won't be as good next season if they don't keep him. Barnes has a player option of $1.6 million for next season, which Schmitz doesn't think is enough.

Schmitz writes: "Matt Barnes can opt out of his contract after the season ends, and if the Magic let him leave, they will go backward in their title quest. Pay the man. ... He's the lowest-paid starter, and it's criminal. They need to convince him to stay even if it means going deeper into the tax or trading away somebody else. Barnes was clearly the difference in the Magic's win on Sunday against the defending champion Lakers. Clearly. He got under Kobe Bryant's skin."

Barnes agrees that he's worth more to the Magic and should be paid.

"I want to stay here, of course ... but I need to get paid, too," Barnes said.

LOL...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

man wt* brian who pissed in your cereal today? why do you have to bring up all this irrelevant crap when the team and players are trying to win a 'ship? can't you see the team is focused on winning it all? all that contract stuff is a distraction, quit bringing that garbage up.

Schmitz is just looking for news to write. Barnes has been a tremendous pick up for us. I'm very happy with how he is becoming the "tough guy" this team needs to instill tenacity and fear out there in the court.

Trust me, if we win the championship, everyone on this team will be looking to get paid!

I think the way we are playing now, we are definitely the BEST team in the NBA, and I still like being the underdog. I'd rather we be underestimated so we catch everybody else off guard ...

Over the last few seasons Barnes has been the most criminally underpaid player in the entire NBA. As a fan of his from his GSW days, I hope for his sake he finally gets paid. I'm not sure he's a full MLE player given his offensive inconsistencies, but he's at least a 3.5 to 4 million dollar player. Minimum.

So I hope he gets paid because he deserves it, and has deserved it for a while... just hopefully its with Orlando.

If they have to trade salary away trade Bass.. Gortat.. heck even MP, before Barnes is let go.

This guy and his "insider" articles LOL

Who cares man, his current contract is a done deal for the rest of this season. Whatever happens in the offseason is months from now, not an issue right now. You don't think the Magic recognizes his worth by now? You keep bringing up crap like this like you have this personal agenda to take the legs out of the Magic organization every chance you get. If you don't like them, then stop spending money on your season tickets. Just **** already

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

"Kobe stopper" to the tune of 34 points on a stomach flu...nice...

Yeah that fourth was Kobe time. I know we all like to see the stars get shown up, but Kobe's a fierce competitor and I'm not so sure all the theatrics really bothered him much. Good to see though...I had my popcorn.