Sign in to follow this  
The Ryan Anderbads

The official "Post your Flop thread."

Honestly, I can't get over how corrupted the system is to allow players to get away with this disgusting style of play. For me, it is better now to just watch videos of some of the all-time great flops and just laugh it off now. Here's my first entry and my all time favorite:

Ok I really thought Baron Davis was legit until I saw this.

Honestly, I can't get over how corrupted the system is to allow players to get away with this disgusting style of play. For me, it is better now to just watch videos of some of the all-time great flops and just laugh it off now. Here's my first entry and my all time favorite:

Ok I really thought Baron Davis was legit until I saw this.

It's one of the reasons the casual fan doesn't take the league seriously. Why would someone believe the NBA when they try to say the league isn't fixed and that Donaghy was in a fixing scandal all by himself when **** like this happens on a nightly basis.

Now, do I believe the league is fixed? No, I believe the league favors stars, which is messed up, but the league has always been that way. In fact, all sports have been that way, look at the NFC Championship this year. The Saints got called for a personal foul whenever they touched Brett Favre, because he's Brett Favre. The Vikings ran a reverse one play and Favre got nailed, the refs called roughing the passer. How can you rough the passer on a running play, there is no passer! It would be like calling pass interference on a running play.

The flopping is a joke as well, you can tell whether or not something is a flop. Some people feel that the older referees need to be let go because they can't see things, I sort of feel the same way. You could call me an old person hater though, I feel at 65 they should all have to retake the driving test and then retake it once a year every year after.

quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Mouse:

LEBRON JAMES FLOP! Lebron's and one dunk on Wade with a dramatic landing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swvq7dUoyVg

This takes the cake, and I love that it only happened like a few weeks ago. I watched this game live and I literally had to rewind it like 5 times and call everyone in my house to come and watch, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The NBA...where ridiculous happens.

Another one that baffles me is the play of getting somebody to jump on a pump fake...and then jumping into that player and getting the call. I don't get it. Its an offensive foul!

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

Another one that baffles me is the play of getting somebody to jump on a pump fake...and then jumping into that player and getting the call. I don't get it. Its an offensive foul!

You mean Paul Pierce's only offensive move?