Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

LOL Osprey got you update p. 11

Junkie's going to enjoy this one. Here's some big "I told you so" ammunition, BJ.

quote:
Point Guard EFF/WARP is one stat seldom used in big metric sites such as Basketball-Reference and 82games, however, there may not be a better measure of a point guard's true worth than this all-inclusive statistic.

While we're 75% of the way through the season, lets take a look at who is leading the way in this category, split by East and West. Not surprisingly, you'll see some familiar names at the top, however, some names at the bottom may surprise you.

quote:
Top PG's in the East and EFF/WARP.

1. Rondo 17.5

2. Rose 15.3

3. Williams (CLE) 10.6

4. Williams (PHI) 8.3

5. Stuckey 7.0

6. Jennings 6.1

7. Arenas 6.0

8. Felton 5.9

9. Jack 5.5

10. Harris 4.1

11. Nelson 2.3

12. Bibby 2.2

For those that don't know, the definition of EFF/WARP

quote:
"EFF/WARP takes into account a player's (usually a point guard's) overall efficiency rating, and their WARP (Wins over replacement player) and uses a formula that takes into account assist/turnover ratio, Pure Point Rating, and nvAST% (Inverse assist percentage)."

I have a bit of a problem with the site I got it from, usually it has spotty server issues but the guys who write there are legit, but they usually talk baseball. They are true Metric-geeks.

Here's the link, however its a waste of time considering I posted everything they had about basketball in the whole article.

www.MetricDoublePlay.com/story...n_conference/bb.html

Sorry Jameer fans, this stat is pretty telling. Even Drunk on Mystery will back me on this.

Junkie's going to enjoy this one. Here's some big "I told you so" ammunition, BJ.

quote:
Point Guard EFF/WARP is one stat seldom used in big metric sites such as Basketball-Reference and 82games, however, there may not be a better measure of a point guard's true worth than this all-inclusive statistic.

While we're 75% of the way through the season, lets take a look at who is leading the way in this category, split by East and West. Not surprisingly, you'll see some familiar names at the top, however, some names at the bottom may surprise you.

quote:
Top PG's in the East and EFF/WARP.

1. Rondo 17.5

2. Rose 15.3

3. Williams (CLE) 10.6

4. Williams (PHI) 8.3

5. Stuckey 7.0

6. Jennings 6.1

7. Arenas 6.0

8. Felton 5.9

9. Jack 5.5

10. Harris 4.1

11. Nelson 2.3

12. Bibby 2.2

For those that don't know, the definition of EFF/WARP

quote:
"EFF/WARP takes into account a player's (usually a point guard's) overall efficiency rating, and their WARP (Wins over replacement player) and uses a formula that takes into account assist/turnover ratio, Pure Point Rating, and nvAST% (Inverse assist percentage)."

I have a bit of a problem with the site I got it from, usually it has spotty server issues but the guys who write there are legit, but they usually talk baseball. They are true Metric-geeks.

Here's the link, however its a waste of time considering I posted everything they had about basketball in the whole article.

www.MetricDoublePlay.com/story...n_conference/bb.html

Sorry Jameer fans, this stat is pretty telling. Even Drunk on Mystery will back me on this.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

is that of all the guards in the NBA or is it listing just starters?

PG's have to start a certain number of games to qualify for the statistic to be valid.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

The stat is telling. I'm not convinced on the way Jameer plays. He's had good shooting nights, but still not in favor of his play.

Just my opinion.

Have you watched the last 15 games?

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Jameer is awful, this proves it. We need to get TJ Ford in a Magic uniform.

Was he really waived? Because I honestly think that is a great fix for us.

Wow sence the allstar break he has been playing great! This is a what have you done for me lately league and lately he has been great, but it does not matter cause you guys just try to knock him down no matter how good the guy plays. He has a 22 point 10 asst 1 to game and you start this crap man this stuff gets old.

GO MAGIC!!!

Lay Off Jameer For Once....True Fans Don't Constantly Put There Own Players Down!!

He Is Playing Good Ball Right Now....Long May It Continue, Because In Order For Us To Win A Championship We Will Need Him Bigtime!!

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Jameer is awful, this proves it. We need to get TJ Ford in a Magic uniform.

Was he really waived? Because I honestly think that is a great fix for us.

I don't think so, but if he does...we need to sign him ASAP to put the midget on the bench.

I am the biggest Jameer homer on the boards, but stats like that are ****ing, and hard to defend quite frankly.

Here's hoping he continues to turn it around.