Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Draft Pick

Now, I may not know as much as some of you when it comes to the Magic, but the one thing I do know is Kentucky basketball.

Cousins is not a bad guy. Yes, he had some temper issues at the beginning of the season, but he doesnt let it affect him that much anymore. He has grown up a lot and I personally think he needs to stay at Kentucky for another year to work on not fouling as much. But don't judge Demarcus just because he was a little rough around the edges in the beginning.

However, that is a mute point. Cousins will be a top 5 pick. I think Lucas (Michigan State) is a possibility and a good one at that. I've always liked him. I think Pittman (Texas) is also another good possibility for another big man.

But here is someone who is predicted to be a late 1st round pick that not many people are talking about. Patrick Patterson. I know I'm biased, but Patterson is a guy who will work really hard and gets the sloppy buckets. Also this season he has shown that he can step out and shoot the 3 if he needs to. Anyone like Patterson?

I go on nba draft net sometimes; I was looking at a 2011 mock where they had us getting that Jeremy Tyler. Remember him? he dropped out of high school after his JR year to play pro ball in Europe? He hasn't fared to well so far. But the same thing happened to Brandon Jennings. Right now he is considered to be a late first but once next year comes around he will be a lottery pick. The upside with Tyler is unreal. Reminds me of a Amare Stoudamire

quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Durantuala35:

I go on nba draft net sometimes; I was looking at a 2011 mock where they had us getting that Jeremy Tyler. Remember him? he dropped out of high school after his JR year to play pro ball in Europe? He hasn't fared to well so far. But the same thing happened to Brandon Jennings. Right now he is considered to be a late first but once next year comes around he will be a lottery pick. The upside with Tyler is unreal. Reminds me of a Amare Stoudamire

It could work, like you said, Jennings was awful in Europe. Then again, Jennings has slipped incredibly as the year has gone by, but a lot of that has to do with the defense keying on him.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by ProphytMusic:

Hoopsworld's mock draft has us taking these two:

Round 1: PG Kalin Lucas from Michigan State

Round 2: SF/PF Vladimir Dasic Real Madrid

So what do you guys think? I've seen a few websites now who's mock drafts have us taking Kalin Lucas...I don't know anything about either of these guys...

i like lucas

Lucas is a beast! Don't know much about the other guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

quote:

quote:

So what do you guys think? I've seen a few websites now who's mock drafts have us taking Kalin Lucas...I don't know anything about either of these guys...

i like lucas

That guy is 6'0 which means he is actually 5'11, just like Jameer. If we draft a PG, it should be one with more size, like 6'3.

Sherron Collins looks like a Jameer clone.

I like James Anderson from OK St. NBA Draft.net has him at 13, Draft Express has him at 29, and he isn't listed in HoopsHype's mock.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

Now, I may not know as much as some of you when it comes to the Magic, but the one thing I do know is Kentucky basketball.

Cousins is not a bad guy. Yes, he had some temper issues at the beginning of the season, but he doesnt let it affect him that much anymore. He has grown up a lot and I personally think he needs to stay at Kentucky for another year to work on not fouling as much. But don't judge Demarcus just because he was a little rough around the edges in the beginning.

However, that is a mute point. Cousins will be a top 5 pick. I think Lucas (Michigan State) is a possibility and a good one at that. I've always liked him. I think Pittman (Texas) is also another good possibility for another big man.

But here is someone who is predicted to be a late 1st round pick that not many people are talking about. Patrick Patterson. I know I'm biased, but Patterson is a guy who will work really hard and gets the sloppy buckets. Also this season he has shown that he can step out and shoot the 3 if he needs to. Anyone like Patterson?

lol. first biased person i've seen underrate a favorite player.

Patterson expected to be drafted in the top 10.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

quote:

quote:

i like lucas

That guy is 6'0 which means he is actually 5'11, just like Jameer. If we draft a PG, it should be one with more size, like 6'3.

disagree. Lucas' measurables are from freshman year so its possible that he's grown or that he's a legit 6'0. Dude's an amazing defender too.

Not to mention jameer's actual combine numbers is 5'11 without shoes on, 6'0.25 with shoes on.

I really want us to draft another position though. I want us to get Kemba Walker next draft.