Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic vs. Cavaliers 1 PM EST

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

Late first round picks are always so grossly underrated heading into the season that fans completely overrate everything they do well. It's really quite annoying when great players are trashed because of unrealisitic expecatations and young players are glorified because of, again, unrealisitic expectations.

Amen. He averages 7 points a game. 6 of those are on dunks, and 1 on a free throw. If it wasn't for LeBron creating, Hickson would not be doing as "well" as he is supposedly doing. Powe is a proven player. He grinds, and plays hard-nosed defense. Hickson is a sophomore that hasn't been exposed to NBA basketball yet. He has been spoonfed points by the best player in the game. Not that hard to get 7 a game.

quote:

Lebrick James if you think that the Cavs are

playing as well as they possibly can with Antawn Jamison then your just a hater. Guy got some buckets but looked lost for long stretches and wasn't at all utilized well in the first half. Jamison at the three is just not going to get the job done.

I didn't say that he was playing to his full potential. I was saying that his MAIN PROBLEM that game was FOUL TROUBLE, not implementation. He scored efficiently and played some decent defense; not the best, but enough for the cavs to be close.

So don't put words in my mouth.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

Hacking? Yeah he did hack when Howard had an easy dunk but the refs blew that blocking foul when Jamison was cleary set, that gave him his fifth foul and that jump ball that they called for West and JJ? Yeah Jamison did score but he still looked lost at times on both ends on the floor.

I love when Cavs fans complain about bad calls. They get the favor of the referees so much, it's quite rich when they get a taste of it themselves.

Thing is Im not a Cavs fan. Today it was obvious who was getting the favor of the fouls and that was the Magic. It isnt an excuse because the Cavs could of played better but the refs calls late in the game affected their rotation.

Another note if Shaq threw those same elbows that Howard threw today Shaq would have been out by the start of the 4th.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

quote:

Late first round picks are always so grossly underrated heading into the season that fans completely overrate everything they do well. It's really quite annoying when great players are trashed because of unrealisitic expecatations and young players are glorified because of, again, unrealisitic expectations.

Amen. He averages 7 points a game. 6 of those are on dunks, and 1 on a free throw. If it wasn't for LeBron creating, Hickson would not be doing as "well" as he is supposedly doing. Powe is a proven player. He grinds, and plays hard-nosed defense. Hickson is a sophomore that hasn't been exposed to NBA basketball yet. He has been spoonfed points by the best player in the game. Not that hard to get 7 a game.

The problem is that he just doesn't bring anything to the table. Jamison can produce points and garner attention, Anderson Varajeo is a great piece of any team offense and an almost invaluable in a good team defense, and Hickson can jump high. He is taking valuable minutes away from valuable guys and he hasn't done anything in his career to earn that right

Good win, nasty, but a win.

I honestly don't know who would win in a playoff series, it's gonna be tight if we meet up again.

But you all got to admit, Cleveland is hella good. I said hella good.

3746020900_3622cb0c8f.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by nbafan4life12:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

Hacking? Yeah he did hack when Howard had an easy dunk but the refs blew that blocking foul when Jamison was cleary set, that gave him his fifth foul and that jump ball that they called for West and JJ? Yeah Jamison did score but he still looked lost at times on both ends on the floor.

I love when Cavs fans complain about bad calls. They get the favor of the referees so much, it's quite rich when they get a taste of it themselves.

Thing is Im not a Cavs fan. Today it was obvious who was getting the favor of the fouls and that was the Magic. It isnt an excuse because the Cavs could of played better but the refs calls late in the game affected their rotation.

Another note if Shaq threw those same elbows that Howard threw today Shaq would have been out by the start of the 4th.

You're an idiot and no team was favored by the ref. Fact of the matter is that it seemed like the refs were letting bigs get away with a lot of contact inside and on driving perimeter guys and that style of officiating grossly favors what the Orlando Magic want to do. Not unfair officiating, just one team is a lot better at what wasn't being called.

quote:

The problem is that he just doesn't bring anything to the table. Jamison can produce points and garner attention, Anderson Varajeo is a great piece of any team offense and an almost invaluable in a good team defense, and Hickson can jump high. He is taking valuable minutes away from valuable guys and he hasn't done anything in his career to earn that right

That's why I'm hoping Mike Brown realizes that Jamison and Powe should be 1 and 2 PFs in that order. Hopefully Z comes back, as that will be a big help to stretch the floor.

Varejao is the 2nd most valuable player on the team, and when he isn't in the game, running around causing havoc, it's not a productive game.

quote:

quote:

That's why I'm hoping Mike Brown realizes that Jamison and Powe should be 1 and 2 PFs in that order. Hopefully Z comes back, as that will be a big help to stretch the floor.

Varejao is the 2nd most valuable player on the team, and when he isn't in the game, running around causing havoc, it's not a productive game.

You mean causing self-inflicted neck injuries?

quote:

quote:

that's sad that he is your 2nd most valuable player...and by 'running around causing havoc' do you mean flopping around and acting like a fool? bc he is good at that

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

You mean causing self-inflicted neck injuries?

Lol, you know what I mean. As long as he's in the game, he's gonna bust his ***, and that is something that not many people can say. I'm glad to have him on my team.