Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

J. Will lookin' to get PAID??? (link)

quote:

Magic PG Jason Williams will be a free agent at the end of the season, and he says he'd "love to be back" to play for the Magic. He has had a home in Orlando for years. But if he can't get what he considers a fair contract with the Magic or another team, Williams, 34, said he also would consider retirement.

He said he would like an opportunity to get involved in an NBA front office, perhaps in player personnel. He clearly has had a solid season backing up starter Jameer Nelson for the Magic, playing well when Nelson was either injured or ineffective.

Williams came into the game against the Dallas Mavericks on Friday night averaging 7.1 points and 4.0 assists. He has shot 46 percent and 40 percent from 3-point range. He has averaged just 1.1 turnovers per game, and has been among the league leaders in assist-to-turnover ratio all season.

Dan Tobin, Williams' agent, said his client is concentrating on the season, but acknowledged that Williams has improved his bargaining power.

http://articles.orlandosentine...oward-williams-agent

quote:

Magic PG Jason Williams will be a free agent at the end of the season, and he says he'd "love to be back" to play for the Magic. He has had a home in Orlando for years. But if he can't get what he considers a fair contract with the Magic or another team, Williams, 34, said he also would consider retirement.

He said he would like an opportunity to get involved in an NBA front office, perhaps in player personnel. He clearly has had a solid season backing up starter Jameer Nelson for the Magic, playing well when Nelson was either injured or ineffective.

Williams came into the game against the Dallas Mavericks on Friday night averaging 7.1 points and 4.0 assists. He has shot 46 percent and 40 percent from 3-point range. He has averaged just 1.1 turnovers per game, and has been among the league leaders in assist-to-turnover ratio all season.

Dan Tobin, Williams' agent, said his client is concentrating on the season, but acknowledged that Williams has improved his bargaining power.

http://articles.orlandosentine...oward-williams-agent

JWill is an awesome backup for this team, one of the few positions I feel we are stronger in from last year. However, if you get a chance at a younger PG like CJ Watson then JWill is done here.

The way Jwill has played for the Magic this year, I don't think he will have any problem finding a team that will pay him more than the vets min. He has the highest shooting percentage on the team if you take out the bigs who shoot in the paint. He has played good team D, taken care of the ball and pushes the ball as well as anyone. He has certainly shown that he can still run a team. Hope he stays with the Magic, but I doubt it.

quote:
Originally posted by duckman slim:

The way Jwill has played for the Magic this year, I don't think he will have any problem finding a team that will pay him more than the vets min. He has the highest shooting percentage on the team if you take out the bigs who shoot in the paint. He has played good team D, taken care of the ball and pushes the ball as well as anyone. He has certainly shown that he can still run a team. Hope he stays with the Magic, but I doubt it.

We have seen what large stretches do to J-Will in the long run. He will be no more than a backup on any team.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of his basketball IQ and skills. But let's be real here, there are plenty of younger point guards who can push the ball just as well as him.

The bigger problem, is, they aren't on the Magic.