Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

What is Missing?

As I discussed with RevTy last week...Jameer played at an all-star level last year during the first half and Hedo was struggled. Jameer was the 2nd-3rd scoring option (sometimes first). Then during the 2nd half when Jameer was out with the injury, Hedo exceled. Now with VC brought in to play the role Hedo vacated, and one less willing to concede shot attempts to teammates, Jameer is struggling. Coincidence?

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

On our bench, Jameer would still have to distribute the ball to a series of capable scorers in Anderson, Redick and Pietrus. I don't exactly see his shot attempts going up significantly.

Still much different than VC, Shard & Dwight.

This whole 6'10 SF is becoming annoying.

A 6'8 SF guarding a 6'10 SF is not a mis match. The only bonehead to match up with a smaller guy was Mike brown.

On the other hand, teams PF's such as Dirk, West, Duncan, Amare, etc... is a miss match for our 6'10 SF playing the 4, not because of height, but because of strength.

Please end this "Hedo miss match".

only real solution is to just change the starter substitutions and never have whole bench for a long while unless they really have to. gundy made sure of that by having dwight play the entire second half.

nothing still worked.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

only real solution is to just change the starter substitutions and never have whole bench for a long while unless they really have to. gundy made sure of that by having dwight play the entire second half.

nothing still worked.

Stop pissing off Barkley and PLAY GORTAT AND DWIGHT at the same time.

This worked last time when "nothing worked".

Frankly, I'm what is missing - in the role of GM/coach/player.

You think Lebron is arrogant? Imagine how c0cky I'd be after I traded for Chris Paul, then later that day drew up the game winning play for CP3 to assist me for the game winning alley-oop while matched up with Kobe.

I'm a mother effin beat yo!

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

It seems like something is missing with this year's team. Even with VC beginning to play good ball, we still sometimes go flat.

For me, I think we're missing a defensive presence at the point guard position. Additionally, I think we're missing a defensive power forward.

Honestly, what do you guys think? Solutions?

nice idea but i dont agree with you at some points. we lost to dallas mavs last night due to our bench players but you're right tho. b-bass should play instead of r-anderson

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

On our bench, Jameer would still have to distribute the ball to a series of capable scorers in Anderson, Redick and Pietrus. I don't exactly see his shot attempts going up significantly.

Still much different than VC, Shard & Dwight.

Only because of the discrepancy in minutes between our SL and 2nd unit. Pietrus and Anderson are equally, if not more, offensive-minded than VC and Shard, respectively. If Jameer's reduced to a backup role where he'd be seeing roughly a third of his minutes cut, I'd venture to say that there would be little difference in his shot attempts on a per minute basis. Granted, having Gortat defer to everyone else on offense lessens that to an extent, but I still couldn't see him averaging more than 10ppg.

quote:

Only because of the discrepancy in minutes between our SL and 2nd unit. Pietrus and Anderson are equally, if not more, offensive-minded than VC and Shard, respectively.

Really? With a naturally ball dominant/shot dominant PG, not to mention Jameer's ego, you don't think roles on the 2nd unit would change?

And 10ppg with 1/3 of his minutes cut is a pretty decent scoring clip.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Only because of the discrepancy in minutes between our SL and 2nd unit. Pietrus and Anderson are equally, if not more, offensive-minded than VC and Shard, respectively.

Really? With a naturally ball dominant/shot dominant PG, not to mention Jameer's ego, you don't think roles on the 2nd unit would change?

Not for the better, they wouldn't. You said it yourself, Jameer's a ball dominant, shoot-first PG. Replacing J-Will, who's widely regarded as a pass-first guard, with Jameer (Who has evidently transformed into a PG version of Zach Randolph) would create a 2nd unit of me-first chuckers, sans Redick & Gortat.

If Redick and Williams are the only 2nd unit players that consistently try to move the ball on offense, how would we maximize Jameer's scoring talent by inserting him into a lineup with one legitimate ball-mover (Redick)?