Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Free Agent Wish List

I saw someone else on here, not sure who, say that the Magic need to sure up the PF and PG spot. I could not agree more. So lets look at our team, then look at the good available free agents for 2010.

Now before I do this, I will say that I do not know much about the salary cap rules other than there is one and teams cant cross a certain line, but other than that I dont know much about it. So if I suggest something and it wouldnt fit for cap reasons, let me know and maybe explain it a little bit so I understand.

C - Howard, Gortat, Foyle (UFA 2010)

PF - Lewis, Anderson, Bass

SF - Pietrus (UFA 2011), Barnes (UFA 2010),

SG - Carter, JJ (RFA 2010),

PG - Nelson, Williams (UFA 2010), Johnson (UFA 2010)

In my opinion, looking at that team, I think we should let go of Johnson and Foyle. Trade Gortat and Bass. And Potentially try and trade both/or Lewis and Nelson. The last part with Lewis and Nelson, should or should not be this upcoming summer, that is another argument, but the first 4 players I mentioned, I think that needs to happen with them this summer.

So, if we drop Foyle and Johnson, we'll need another PG and a backup C who doesnt mind being a backup. Looking at the Free Agents, here is what I think may work for the best.

As far as a backup to the backup Center (cause thats what Foyle is), I think D.J. Mbenga of the L.A. Lakers would be good. 7ft 255, he's 29. Remember this is a player that will barely see some playing time, so he doesnt have to be amazing, but he is a younger talent that can help out Dwight if he gets in foul trouble.

Then you go for the back up to the back up PG. There is some rumors about Otis wanting to bring in Gilbert Arenas, personally I think this is a bad idea, yea he's good when he's healthy or out of trouble, but can you tell me the last full season he has played? Doubtful, so lets look at other options. I saw someone say in the trade thread that the Magic should go after Chris Duhon, I think that is a good idea and he will be UFA after this season. Duhon would be a good backup for whoever was running point and doesnt mind sitting on the bench because he is doing it now for the Knicks anyways.

Then I was playing around on Trade Machine and I actually came up with a good deal that would help the Magic out greatly. It's a 3 way deal with the Suns and Grizzlies and Magic.

The Suns receive: Gortat and Lewis

The Grizzlies receieve: Jared Dudley (Phx) and Bass

The Magic receive: Rudy Gay, Amare Stoudemire, and Robin Lopez (underrated, young C who will be good one day)

Here is the link:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=yk2rj3t

What do you guys think? Is this realistic or am I dreaming? Rudy Gay is a RFA after this season, so that might change things a little bit, but still I think it could happen if people wanted it to happen.

I saw someone else on here, not sure who, say that the Magic need to sure up the PF and PG spot. I could not agree more. So lets look at our team, then look at the good available free agents for 2010.

Now before I do this, I will say that I do not know much about the salary cap rules other than there is one and teams cant cross a certain line, but other than that I dont know much about it. So if I suggest something and it wouldnt fit for cap reasons, let me know and maybe explain it a little bit so I understand.

C - Howard, Gortat, Foyle (UFA 2010)

PF - Lewis, Anderson, Bass

SF - Pietrus (UFA 2011), Barnes (UFA 2010),

SG - Carter, JJ (RFA 2010),

PG - Nelson, Williams (UFA 2010), Johnson (UFA 2010)

In my opinion, looking at that team, I think we should let go of Johnson and Foyle. Trade Gortat and Bass. And Potentially try and trade both/or Lewis and Nelson. The last part with Lewis and Nelson, should or should not be this upcoming summer, that is another argument, but the first 4 players I mentioned, I think that needs to happen with them this summer.

So, if we drop Foyle and Johnson, we'll need another PG and a backup C who doesnt mind being a backup. Looking at the Free Agents, here is what I think may work for the best.

As far as a backup to the backup Center (cause thats what Foyle is), I think D.J. Mbenga of the L.A. Lakers would be good. 7ft 255, he's 29. Remember this is a player that will barely see some playing time, so he doesnt have to be amazing, but he is a younger talent that can help out Dwight if he gets in foul trouble.

Then you go for the back up to the back up PG. There is some rumors about Otis wanting to bring in Gilbert Arenas, personally I think this is a bad idea, yea he's good when he's healthy or out of trouble, but can you tell me the last full season he has played? Doubtful, so lets look at other options. I saw someone say in the trade thread that the Magic should go after Chris Duhon, I think that is a good idea and he will be UFA after this season. Duhon would be a good backup for whoever was running point and doesnt mind sitting on the bench because he is doing it now for the Knicks anyways.

Then I was playing around on Trade Machine and I actually came up with a good deal that would help the Magic out greatly. It's a 3 way deal with the Suns and Grizzlies and Magic.

The Suns receive: Gortat and Lewis

The Grizzlies receieve: Jared Dudley (Phx) and Bass

The Magic receive: Rudy Gay, Amare Stoudemire, and Robin Lopez (underrated, young C who will be good one day)

Here is the link:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=yk2rj3t

What do you guys think? Is this realistic or am I dreaming? Rudy Gay is a RFA after this season, so that might change things a little bit, but still I think it could happen if people wanted it to happen.

fake and gay being my trade idea?

im just thinking outside the box a little, while trying to hope for the best. I think it would be more realistic for us to get Staudemire than Bosh because Bosh (at least at this point) seems to be the hotter player at least in the circle discussions. ESPN said that the top 4 FA for this summer are 1. Lebron, 2. DWade, 3. Bosh, 4. Staudermire. So maybe if we cant get Bosh, then we go after Amare.

Like I said, still just a thought.

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

Does anyone want to give an intelligent remark to what I put or will you continue to give gay responses that show no input or intelligent thought at all?

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

Does anyone want to give an intelligent remark to what I put or will you continue to give gay responses that show no input or intelligent thought at all?

THIS