Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

why you shouldn't worry about the Cavs

I think a lot of fans are jumping the gun on cleveland here, let's slow down and take things in stride. Except in one matchup, they are worse at every other position

Mo Williams - hasn't played a game in almost a month, and will probably not play till sometime late next week. diagnosis is a sprained shoulder which is a major injury. Also not clear how he will perform when back, and what adjustments he will have to make.

Shaq/Big Z - what's there not to love about two old centers? Shaq is 330 lbs of sloth in the paint. His last game against us showed he can score on Lebron passes and oops; that's about it. He cannot create on his own, nor can he keep up with dwight. Same goes with Big Z. In a gortat vs. big Z matchup, i'll take Gortat all day everyday.

Delonte West - he's got a trial date on April 26th, sure it's not deep in the playoffs but who knows how long it could go on. I like his underrated post up skills, but other than that I can't see him doing anything else.

Anderson Varejao/Hickson - I can see sideshow bob taking a couple symbolic "charges" cough flops cough, and why in the world people on this board are hyping up Hickson is beyond me. Did anyone else notice how ESPN has been sucking his **** too lately? with gems like "...the blossoming of Hickson lately..." It was just one game!

and the last, and most important point:

MIKE BROWN: dude is a freakin idiot. did we all forget the way he paced back and forth like a fool, while his assistant drew up a play last year?

I predict the Cavs will have a 9 man rotation including Williams/Parker/James/Jamsion/Shaq and then west/illgauskas/Varejao/Gibson *possibly Powe but I don't see him being effective this season, if playing at all. Why does that lineup look scary versus what we have? again except for one matchup, we are equal if not better than anything they have.

And my xfactor in this is STAN VAN GUNDY. That's right. Hate him all you want, but I guarantee you he is working/thinking about possible matchups and movements as we speak. I can't see him sitting around like Mike Brown.

Anyways i'm out i'm sleepy

I think a lot of fans are jumping the gun on cleveland here, let's slow down and take things in stride. Except in one matchup, they are worse at every other position

Mo Williams - hasn't played a game in almost a month, and will probably not play till sometime late next week. diagnosis is a sprained shoulder which is a major injury. Also not clear how he will perform when back, and what adjustments he will have to make.

Shaq/Big Z - what's there not to love about two old centers? Shaq is 330 lbs of sloth in the paint. His last game against us showed he can score on Lebron passes and oops; that's about it. He cannot create on his own, nor can he keep up with dwight. Same goes with Big Z. In a gortat vs. big Z matchup, i'll take Gortat all day everyday.

Delonte West - he's got a trial date on April 26th, sure it's not deep in the playoffs but who knows how long it could go on. I like his underrated post up skills, but other than that I can't see him doing anything else.

Anderson Varejao/Hickson - I can see sideshow bob taking a couple symbolic "charges" cough flops cough, and why in the world people on this board are hyping up Hickson is beyond me. Did anyone else notice how ESPN has been sucking his **** too lately? with gems like "...the blossoming of Hickson lately..." It was just one game!

MIKE BROWN: dude is a freakin idiot. did we all forget the way he paced back and forth like a fool, while his assistant drew up a play last year?

I predict the Cavs will have a 9 man rotation including Williams/Parker/James/Jamsion/Shaq and then west/illgauskas/Varejao/Gibson *possibly Powe but I don't see him being effective this season, if playing at all. Why does that lineup look scary versus what we have? again except for one matchup, we are equal if not better than anything they have.

And my xfactor in this is STAN VAN GUNDY. That's right. Hate him all you want, but I guarantee you he is working/thinking about possible matchups and movements as we speak. I can't see him sitting around like Mike Brown.

This post is so full of fail it would take me a whole day to rebuke it.

Edit: The only valid point you made was about Shaq and Z. Other than that..fail. And as you can already tell, I am no Cleveland or LeBrat fan.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

LOL, not to take anything away from you, but you do realize that you're telling people NOT to worry about the team with the best record in the league, a team that has beaten Orlando easily twice already, and a team that ADDED an ALL STAR for a DRAFT PICK without giving up a single player.

And as far as your "mismatch," I just don't see it. A healthy Mo is better than Jameer, seeing how he's constantly hurt now. And I'm sorry, but Jamison is a better all-around player than Lewis is. Oh yea, the funniest part of all.....Shaq is sloth in the paint....ARE YOU HIGH??? This is the same Shaq that has kept Dwight Howard in foul trouble, and limited him to what...A 15 and 9 average in 2 games??? That's not gonna cut it when you have the world's best player, with no one to guard him except Mickael Pietrus. Not to mention you cannot double team anyone on Cleveland's team now, seeing how the only that can't shoot a 3 is the same one you double teamed the entire game last week.

Good luck validating your statement to anyone with a brain.

The Cavs haven't lost a single game without Mo Williams....including a win against us at full strength.

I'm sure Cleveland fans can make a list about all of our players and why they shouldn't be worried either.....and they shouldn't. We have a great young big who cannot dominate games offensively against physical bigs (including Shaq) and really no other star to go with him.

I will still be rooting for the Magic for life, but you talk about the Cavs like they are a old team who are fighting for the playoffs.

They are the hottest team right now and just added more firepower to there side.

Still we win 4-3 in the East finals.

As soon as I read the name "AnotherCavsFan", I stopped reading.

You people are like rodents. It's not that your wrong on your point; it's the fact that you feel the need to troll our forums every time something happens with the Cavs.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

This post is so full of fail it would take me a whole day to rebuke it.

Edit: The only valid point you made was about Shaq and Z. Other than that..fail.

Haaaaaaa when LeBrick calls you out on a post calling out Cleveland you KNOW it's full of fail.

In all honesty, though, Cavs fans and Magic fans can argue all day about who has the better team. There's no doubt that Cleveland has improved and there's no doubt that the Magic have disappointed their fans with a few of their performances thus far. No one would deny either of those claims.

The only way this will be decided is in the ECF.

I just wish it was May already.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

As soon as I read the name "AnotherCavsFan", I stopped reading.

You people are like rodents. It's not that your wrong on your point; it's the fact that you feel the need to troll our forums every time something happens with the Cavs.

Actually, I made this name so there would be no guessing who I was. I wasn't here to "troll."

I keep up with the Magic and Laker forums regularly to see what free agents they are looking at, if they're doing anything weird, etc. etc....I made a name and posted in part because your people were talking about the trade.

Have I rubbed anyone the wrong way? No!

I have been having honest conversation with some of your people, and that's fine with me.

I'll even go as far to say your posters here are a lot nicer than the ones on CavFanatic...

So, don't call me a rodent, or a troll. I've done nothing for you to be upset about...Would you rather me go incognito and make a fake Magic name??

quote:
Originally posted by demondeacs13:

Haaaaaaa when LeBrick calls you out on a post calling out Cleveland you KNOW it's full of fail.

I gotta to call it like it is. And I call bull**** on 95% of his post.

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherCavsFan:

So, don't call me a rodent, or a troll. I've done nothing for you to be upset about...Would you rather me go incognito and make a fake Magic name??

Who knows, you may be the first CLE fan with a brain on these forums. I can't be sure of that yet; but you seem to be showing some signs of intelligence so take that as a plus.

Keep up the respect and we'll treat you right. As you can see, I am no CLE fan but I will call it like it is. I definitely can't say the same thing about people on CavFanatic.

The reason I show no respect to Lebron is because he shows no respect to other players. He shows no respect for Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic. I respect his game; I think he's the best player in the league; but as a person I think he's a piece of ****.