Sign in to follow this  
GhostAnime

My basketball interest has just dropped massively

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

the only question remaining now that may bother the NBA league coming from the Cavs is.....

what do they do with the Big Z puppet commercial?

Stop airing it for a month until he's back in Cleveland.

They could just add a brown fro and change the name.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

the only question remaining now that may bother the NBA league coming from the Cavs is.....

what do they do with the Big Z puppet commercial?

Stop airing it for a month until he's back in Cleveland.

No, something completely opposite icon_wink.gif

Play it more, with all talks about this trade (going on and on for full month for sure), rhetorical questions if Z will return to Cavs, other teams trying to get him, all the interest (Cavs uniform multiplies it)

It makes him much more valuable marketing asset during this time.

Orlando is starting to gel abit, they will be fine, as far as the jamison trade, great more shots to take away from labron.

GO MAGIC!!!!!

I will LOL and LOL even louder if he Big Z does get bought out of Washington and then a team such as Dallas which is looking for a Center because Dampier will be out. If he didn't return to the Cavs that team will be that much easier to beat and the whole dimension of the team changes.

quote:
Originally posted by love#12:

Orlando is starting to gel abit, they will be fine, as far as the jamison trade, great more shots to take away from labron.

GO MAGIC!!!!!

The exact same thing people were saying about Artest in Lakers, he will take away shots from Kobe and Gasol like it will be a sure thing and a problem, they should stay with Ariza.

What happened ? He got down from over 15 shots per game to under 10 still with Gasol out for almost 20 games.

Jamison is old, it his last chance for championship, he will be 3rd star in line for Cavs (Shaq beats him not with basketball performance of course icon_wink.gif)

I don't think he'll wory about his shots so much and I think Cavs would be happy to take some shots away from Lebron, not do so much alone by him 1 on 5 in half court for most of the time.

So, it goes from.....Cleveland is a one man band with LeBron to Jamison taking shots away from LeBron....makes no sense to me.

It sucks, but the Cavs got way better in this deal. We have nothing to throw at them that they can't handle.

I do think that the league is getting ridiculous. You have a team like the nets that can barely win a game, they have no star player because all the all stars are packed into the top 5 teams. I don't understand how teams are pulling this sh!t off. The cavs seem to get whatever player they want without losing anything.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

There is a difference between realistically wondering if the Magic can beat the Cavs after the Jamison acquisition and pondering whether its worth it to watch the rest of the season. I'm one of the people that believe that the Magic, as they are currently constructed, can not beat the Cavs in a 7 games series. I think that Jamison takes away the last major matchup advantage that the Magic had on the Cavs.

That being said, I will watch the rest of this season and ENJOY the rest of this season. I can easily see the Magic making it back to the ECF and once they get there, who knows what will happen. That's why they play the games. Even if they lose to the Cavs though I can still appreciate the year. My memory isn't so bad that I'm unable to remember when this team struggled to win 35 games.

I agree with this post in its entirety. I could never really buy into the "Championship or Bust" mentality as a fan, but it excites me to see the team and front office take that approach. There are far too many variables that occur over the course of the season. I'll be disappointed if we lose, just as I was disappointed after the Finals last year. But I know I'll be able to look back on the season and know that the team gave us all great memories in victory and in defeat. Then I will look forward to the summer as our GM and ownership have now proven willing to spend and make moves to put our team in the best possible position to win a championship, which gives us plenty of reason to be thankful. Enjoy the ride, hope for the best, live with the results.

In fact, right now I'm enjoying a blowout victory over the hated Pistons. I'm enjoying winning the regular season series against the Pistons for first time since 1999. I'm enjoying watching Dwight turn into the player we all knew he could become. I'm enjoying Vince Carter bust out of his slump and giving us that ray of hope.