Sign in to follow this  
Optimus Prime

If the cavs get Amare we are in trouble. Real talk.

Well, if I look at the play on the court, records, and take everything into account the Cavs are easily a better team than us.

How are you guys going to handle the implosion?

PS we are WORSE than last year....period....anyone who thinks we are better is a huge homer. Congrats.

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

Well, if I look at the play on the court, records, and take everything into account the Cavs are easily a better team than us.

PS we are WORSE than last year....period....anyone who thinks we are better is a huge homer. Congrats.

There were plenty of people who said the same thing last season. The only difference is, most of them weren't masquerading as a Magic fan.

Good for you that you feel Cleveland is a much better team than Orlando. I don't see it. We went toe to toe, back and forth in their gym, and ran out of gas in the last 4 minutes or so of that game. Considering that we are still struggling with the back court of Vince and Nelson (both due to their games and their injuries), and that we were on the fourth game in 5 nights, I take that as a good sign. The fact that they have needed LeBron to play well above his average game, and needed someone else to step up and have a career night against us in both games so far is also promising.

This team has enough time to iron out the wrinkles and start living up to it's massive potential. Guess what. Even if it doesn't happen, we are still in a good position to tweak the roster and keep improving into next season.

You can cry here with your fake "I'm a Magic fan but everything about this team sucks" bull**** like a little girl all you want, but the fact that most people here laugh at you and disagree doesn't make any of us homers. It just shows you for the troll you are, and have been, ever since we traded for Carter and you felt the need to sign up and bash away.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

There were plenty of people who said the same thing last season. The only difference is, most of them weren't masquerading as a Magic fan.

Post of the century. Bill Simmons said we'd be lucky to force a Game 4

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

You promised me real talk. You wasted 60 minutes of my life reading this entire thread and I want them back.

Oh ill just waste them anyways...

I just wasted another 2 hrs watching the all star game and all I saw was Queen James bricked his ugly jumpers

quote:

I just wasted another 2 hrs watching the all star game and all I saw was Queen James bricked his ugly jumpers

I did too; why couldn't have that happened on Thursday? **** you Peitrus!!

I had my doubts that Magic would win a series against Cavs before adding Stoudmaire and Jamieson. Now, there is no way in heck we will win a series against them. Unless Smith can make a deal for Carter and Nelson, which is not going to happen.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Rashard was on Jim Rome today and said Stoudamire would clog the lane even more for them and could end up hurting more than helping.

This is what I have been thinking also. If they lose Z and don't get him back, who is going to guard Dwight? Don't say Shaq. We saw last game how long he was on the floor. Dwight will run him into the ground in a single game, let alone a series (if Shaq can even stay out of foul trouble.)

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Rashard was on Jim Rome today and said Stoudamire would clog the lane even more for them and could end up hurting more than helping.

Totally agree with Shard on that one. The whole premise of Cleveland's offense is based on Lebron's ability to slash and finish at the basket or dish out.

That's the reason Shaq was having such a hard time fitting into their offense at the beginning of the season.

Now it's finally looking like they've found a way for Shaq and Bron to coexist.

But Shaq AND Amare, two huge men clogging up the lane?

Much less driving for lebron, much more jumpshooting and playmaking at the top of the key. Which cannot be a good thing for the Cavs.

They're basically doing to themselves what other teams' defenses try to do : keep lebron out of the paint.

Clogging up the lane, what a crock of ****. It may take a while for those two to build some chemistry, but once they do they cannot be beat.

Some of the stuff you guys come up with to try and downplay Cleveland with Amare is just rich. I hate LeBron, I hate Mo, I hate the big flopper. But the reality is, we don't have those mismatches anymore folks. Even without an Amare trade.

Big Z could not handle Dwight AT ALL, and he just went nuts in the ECF. Laugh all you want, but Dwight won't go bananas like that on Shaq. We also no longer have the length mismatch on the wings. They added some length and athleticism to their backcourt and we downgraded in length going from Hedo to Vince. We also lost all of the playmaking abilities of Hedo that were critical in beating the Cavs last year.

Now you guys think the Cavs with Amare will not make a difference or even play into our favor? Dwight was in bigtime foul trouble in both games, imagine the fouls he's going to pick up with Amare out there. Rashard certainly won't be able to contain him....I still remember our loss to the Suns this year where Amare beat Lewis for an offensive rebound and dunked it to secure a win for Phoenix. Rashard couldn't even ****ing guard JJ Hickson or Anderson Varejao the other night.

I wish there was some way we could counter Cleveland so we can make a run at them and the Lakers to win a ring. But our options are limited. We're going to have to try again this offseason, hopefully Otis pulls something big off then.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Clogging up the lane, what a crock of ****. It may take a while for those two to build some chemistry, but once they do they cannot be beat.

Some of the stuff you guys come up with to try and downplay Cleveland with Amare is just rich. I hate LeBron, I hate Mo, I hate the big flopper. But the reality is, we don't have those mismatches anymore folks. Even without an Amare trade.

Big Z could not handle Dwight AT ALL, and he just went nuts in the ECF. Laugh all you want, but Dwight won't go bananas like that on Shaq. We also no longer have the length mismatch on the wings. They added some length and athleticism to their backcourt and we downgraded in length going from Hedo to Vince. We also lost all of the playmaking abilities of Hedo that were critical in beating the Cavs last year.

Now you guys think the Cavs with Amare will not make a difference or even play into our favor? Dwight was in bigtime foul trouble in both games, imagine the fouls he's going to pick up with Amare out there. Rashard certainly won't be able to contain him....I still remember our loss to the Suns this year where Amare beat Lewis for an offensive rebound and dunked it to secure a win for Phoenix. Rashard couldn't even ****ing guard JJ Hickson or Anderson Varejao the other night.

I wish there was some way we could counter Cleveland so we can make a run at them and the Lakers to win a ring. But our options are limited. We're going to have to try again this offseason, hopefully Otis pulls something big off then.

What do you mean crock? If there's one guy in the paint he gets a 12 foot arc around the basket to move around and take up space. If there's two guys down there then they need to share that 12 foot arc.

If you have two post players in the game at the same time there is less room for each of them to operate and fewer lanes to drive through.