Sign in to follow this  
magicfanejc42

insiders?

Hollinger thinks the Mavs aren't done...

quote:

As a result, my follow-up question is whether the Mavs are done dealing. If they turn around and swap Dampier's mammoth expiring deal (he's technically under contact next year but his salary is unguaranteed) for a quality shooting guard, I'd feel much better about the entire exercise. But at least one front office source I talked to expects the Mavs to wait until summer before trading Dampier.

Without such a second trade, however, it appears the Mavs are spending a total of $30 million just to improve their odds of making the second round. Even after this deal, I don't like their chances to beat Denver or Utah, let alone the likes of the Lakers.

As with Dallas, Washington comes out of this better if they can make a second deal to build on the gains of the first. In the Wizards' case, it would be trading Antawn Jamison, which they seem amenable to doing, to create enough cap space to sign a max-level free agent.

Sum it up, and the logic appears more straightforward for Washington than for Dallas. The Wizards had a goal (cutting money) and accomplished it, though without the talent upside they might have wanted. The Mavs have committed to putting an extra $30 million toward their goal (winning a title), yet we're not certain they've put themselves much closer to the promised land.

That said, we need a few more days before we can issue our final verdicts: The Mavs and Wizards still have until 3 p.m. ET on Thursday to make trades that cast a fresh light on Saturday's big deal, and it's those follow-up trades that might change the final score.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...erwizardsmavs-100213

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

I'm hoping Wade remembers that good feeling of playing for SVG and a dominant big man this weekend.

*whispers.....Orlando....Orlando....Orlando*

Uhhh, I dont think so..........

http://espn.go.com/blog/trueho...s-for-stan-van-gundy

I don't like this comment from Dwight (referring to Stan):

quote:
Asked about playing for Van Gundy this weekend, Howard says he thinks Van Gundy has learned his lesson and will be relaxed.

I don't like Dwight's attitude AT ALL. It's like he thinks he is the teacher instead of the student.

From ESPN's live chat of All-Star Weekend...a lttle Magic scuttlebutt...

quote:

Comment From qjizzle qjizzle: ]

i also heard Upright Bass guy has a silky smooth jumper Saturday February 13, 2010 9:38 qjizzle

9:38 John Krolik (Cavs: The Blog/TrueHoop Network): From midrange, but the Magic are still looking to move him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...baall-starlive100213

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

I'm hoping Wade remembers that good feeling of playing for SVG and a dominant big man this weekend.

*whispers.....Orlando....Orlando....Orlando*

Uhhh, I dont think so..........

http://espn.go.com/blog/trueho...s-for-stan-van-gundy

quote:
Asked about playing for Van Gundy this weekend, Howard says he thinks Van Gundy has learned his lesson and will be relaxed.

I don't like Dwight's attitude AT ALL. It's like he thinks he is the teacher instead of the student.

overreact much

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:

overreact much

Don't start with me fellow. I don't play these little games!

And I am dead serious!!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

overreact much

And I am dead serious!!!

fight fight fight fight fight

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

overreact much

And I am dead serious!!!

lol, just curious what exactly would you do??? You're typing on a computer for goodness sake. not like you guys are sitting in a bar that you could take something outside.

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

overreact much

And I am dead serious!!!

lol, just curious what exactly would you do??? You're typing on a computer for goodness sake. not like you guys are sitting in a bar that you could take something outside.

One of the "guys" is a lady.

I still think that out of all the big name players that Orlando is rumoured to be targetting (DWade, JJ, CP3, Boozer, etc.), Chris Bosh is the most attainable simply because our tradeable assets fit better with what Toronto would want back in return, compared to what the other teams would want. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think this will happen by any stretch of the imagination but at the off-chance Bosh decides he wants to leave, Orlando has some nice pieces to offer in a sign and trade.

We have Gortat, who is European so he fits the Toronto mould plus he would allow Bargnani to move to the 4 and become more Nowitzki like. We have Bass that they could use as a big body off the bench and where his lack of defence wouldn't matter as much and then we have the TPE, MP and/or draft picks to complete the package. Not to mention, Otis did Toronto a favour by agreeing to the Hedo sign and trade, maybe Colangelo will return the favour, hahaha.

For those that subscribe to the theory that we might be getting Joe Johnson this summer...

quote:

Joe Johnson may not be as celebrated a name as some of the other big-name free agents come this offseason, but as an All-Star shooting guard, he'll bring plenty of value wherever he decides to go.

Johnson has played his free agency close to the vest this season, but it's believed there's at least a decent chance he'll re-up with the Hawks.

But as ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reports from the All-Star Game in Dallas, there's at least one new team to keep an eye on for Johnson: the Knicks.

Ric Bucher at the All-Star Game

Johnson has relationship with D'Antoni

"Joe Johnson's quiet nature has extended to his place in the 2010 free-agent class: most talent experts around the league consider him one of the three best shooting guards in the league, but his name generally hasn't been grouped with Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Chris Bosh and the other superstars expected to be available this summer. Some of that could be because the belief around the league is Johnson will elect to re-up with the Hawks or go to the Knicks, where he has a chance to be the mega-star he -- again, quietly -- believes himself to be. It's a matter of comfort for Johnson, said one GM. Johnson would go to New York because he has a good relationship with Mike D'Antoni from when they were in Phoenix together and he knows he could thrive in D'Antoni's system. But he also supposedly likes everything about his situation in Atlanta as well. Don't put him in the mix to join Derrick Rose in Chicago, the GM said: too many unknowns, including the prospect of being second banana to Rose."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

WOW!...Look at this update on the Cavs and Lebron and Amare from Ric Bucher...

quote:

Jamison the real target

"A Phoenix source refuted reports, fueled by Cavs' sources, that Cleveland has made an offer for Amare Stoudemire and is awaiting the Suns' yes-or-no answer. So why would the Cavs want that out there? Why would they even be considering Stoudemire, since he doesn't fit their overall profile, nor is he the best fit as the "stretch 4" they believe they need. One league source posited a sensible explanation: because this is merely saber-rattling to get the Wizards to deal them the guy they really want, Antawn Jamison. So far, Washington has been looking around for a better deal, although a concrete one has not materialized. The dalliance with Stoudemire is Cleveland's way of saying, 'Don't take us for granted. We may not be here when you get back to us.'"

Keeping LeBron top priority for Cavs

"So why would the Cavs, boasting the league's best record and a 13-game winning streak, even consider messing with their team by adding Amare Stoudemire? Because the harsh reality, says one GM, is that winning a championship this year is not a priority over keeping free-agent-to-be LeBron James. In fact, there's a concern that if James wins a title this year for the Cavs, it might be easier for him to go elsewhere. The best scenario, then, if the Cavs want to make it hardest for LeBron to leave, is give him everything he wants and have their title chase falls short. And if you question valuing LeBron over a title, forget it. James roughly doubles the value of the Cavs' franchise, according to league sources. It might offend winning-is-everything sensibilities, but the truth is $200 million (the value James adds to the Cavs) means more."

Wow!...The Cleveland/Lebron/Amare/Jamison drama is a "HUGE" Soap Opera...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors