Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Wow! I'm stunned by shooting %'s of Jameer/Vince(ESPN link)

quote:
Originally posted by roborat:

quote:
Assist to turnover ratio is a stupid stat and should be completely removed from this world altogether.

no. 4 out of 14 fg and 4 turnovers. now that's a stupid stat.

Yes, good job on being completely irrelevant, you incredibly intelligent individual.

You do not need stats....It is actually rather simple.

5 games in 7 nights. 2 guys with known knee problems.

Your knees do not automatically get better but adding extra stress to them.

If anything Stan might want to decrease their minutes in the second half so they are fresh come playoff time. I am sure the all-star break will do a world of good for them.

I find it hilarious that most of the VC bandwagon fans (such as thuglife) completely jock on Jameer's play but act like Carter did not have a bad game at all (or at least don't mention it... period).

Both played a terrible game, yes, but be ****ing consistent.

While I think it's easy to isolate Nelson and Carter for their poor play during our losses, I tend to give them a bit of a pass because they have experienced injury setbacks through most of the season. This doesn't excuse them entirely, but I guess it does mean that I lean toward grading them on a slight curve considering they likely aren't or haven't played at 100% all season. Rashard Lewis on the other hand has been healthy all season (even received 10 games of rest and relaxation due to his suspension), is having one of the worst seasons of his career and is our highest paid player. So IMO, he should be judged on an inverted curve compared to Jameer and Vince.

But hey, don't take my word for it. Let's look at the stats of each player in our 17 losses.

Jameer - 9.1ppg/2.1rpg/3.9apg on 40% shooting but only 25.7mpg

Vince - 13.5ppg/3.1rpg/2.0apg on 35% shooting but only 27.1mpg

Shard - 11.7ppg/3.8rpg/.9apg on 38% shooting in 35.3mpg

So who is the bigger culprit? The two guys that have been injured while playing limited minutes in our losses? Or the guy that is depositing the largest pay check, while healthy, and getting his usual minutes?

And all of this says nothing about defense where Shard looks so dazed and confused that it might be reasonable to think he's taking massive bong hits in the locker room before tipoff.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

While I think it's easy to isolate Nelson and Carter for their poor play during our losses, I tend to give them a bit of a pass because they have experienced injury setbacks through most of the season. This doesn't excuse them entirely, but I guess it does mean that I lean toward grading them on a slight curve considering they likely aren't or haven't played at 100% all season. Rashard Lewis on the other hand has been healthy all season (even received 10 games of rest and relaxation due to his suspension), is having one of the worst seasons of his career and is our highest paid player. So IMO, he should be judged on an inverted curve compared to Jameer and Vince.

But hey, don't take my word for it. Let's look at the stats of each player in our 17 losses.

So who is the bigger culprit? The two guys that have been injured while playing limited minutes in our losses? Or the guy that is depositing the largest pay check, while healthy, and getting his usual minutes?

And all of this says nothing about defense where Shard looks so dazed and confused that he might be taking massive bong hits in the locker room before tipoff.

Shard in your doghouse, Smack???..j/k, point taken.

On Topic, Smack, do you think either Nelson or Carter will ever get healthy enough this season to perform at or near All-Star level as they have before in their career's?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

And all of this says nothing about defense where Shard looks so dazed and confused that he might be taking massive bong hits in the locker room before tipoff.

On Topic, Smack, do you think either Nelson or Carter will ever get healthy enough this season to perform at or near All-Star level as they have before in their career's?

I think the perfect time to evaluate this is the 5 games we have between the 17th and the 26th. Meer and Carter should have 5 days to rest for the all star break and the next 5 games are spaced pretty well.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I'm tired of Shard. He is darn near worthless on most nights.

I wouldn't say that it's impossible for VC or Meer to play at an all-star again, but the more time passes I do think it gets less and less likely that they'll suddenly hit their stride.

quote:

And all of this says nothing about defense where Shard looks so dazed and confused that it might be reasonable to think he's taking massive bong hits in the locker room before tipoff.

In our losses, opposing starting PFs are averaging 17.1ppg and 10.3rpg.