quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

JJ to Chicago picking up some steam?

quote:
There is a manager I am very close to here in Greece and one of the top teams(OSFP) are targetting JJ Redick for next year.They are monitoring the situation and thinking of sending feelers with a mulimillion offer(our boy Arn Tellem will be thrilled).Of course my guy learned a few days ago that Reddick could be Chicago bound along with Anthony Johnson for John Salmons(Olympiacos really really likes him).The team believes it will be easier to get Red**** if he goes to Chicago(Bulls having other priorities as far as players).

Looks like the Bulls are indeed shopping John Salmons.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/v...ic.php?f=10&t=982656

DOnt shoot the messenger..

Wow! Good find Fendi...was posted on the Bulls board at RealGM with a multi-million dollar offer from a professional team from Greece tacked on to the already known John Salmons stuff.

Trade talk is really starting to heat up...let's see what happens.

Don't think it would be wise to lose J.J., as others have already noted his continual improvement has been a big boost for this team and he is very famaliar with Stan's system having been here.

Lol Junkie i see you still cannot just come out and say you dont want to lose him...instead you quote what others have said and noted.

I just remember you and I on opposite sides of that draft it makes me chuckle how long we've been posting

I have no qualms saying it..."I don't want to lose the guy"!!

Love His Work Ethic!!!

quote:

quote:

lol... ok hell has officially frozen over

Ha-Ha...Ben Q. Rock of PinStripePost is suggesting Redick should Vince's sucessor when he leaves...

http://www.orlandopinstripedpo...-j-j-redick#comments

Heck, I think J.J. should be starting over Vince "RIGHT NOW"!

Look at that Pure Point rating. Incredible.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

quote:

Ha-Ha...Ben Q. Rock of PinStripePost is suggesting Redick should Vince's sucessor when he leaves...

I found this part of the article quite mind-blowing and insane:

quote:
Which is a shame, really, because he's doing other things, like defending and taking care of the ball, fairy well. And because it's taking attention away from J.J. Redick, his backup, currently in his fourth season. Redick buoyed the Magic in January, providing 11.1 points per game on a remarkably efficient 60.7% True Shooting. For perspective, only 8 guards have maintained that mark over an entire season since 2005/06: Ray Allen, Brent Barry, Chauncey Billups, Ronnie Brewer, Josh Childress, Manu Ginobili, Kevin Martin, and Steve Nash. Redick's poised to become the 9th member of that group.

OMG. If Redick ever gets a consistent 30+ minutes a game, or becomes the starter, he MUST be added in all fantasy leagues immediately.

I really believe that all the Magic are missing are starting Redick, play VC with the second unit for the first three quarters, and then go to the last stretch of games with Dwight-Shard-VC-Redick-Jameer, once VC gets in the flow again. Either that or Barnes if we really need a guy bothered and messed with like Wade or LeBron. Championship.

We maybe have found our true replacement for Hedo Turkoglu, and his name is not Vince Carter, but J.J. Redick. Yeah, I said it.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Funny... used to be JJ had no value but Otis was trying to move him, now we want to keep him and people are calling.

Way to turn thigns around JJ!

Same thing applied to Joakim Noah the last couple years. There were rumors abound that Noah could be had cheap, but nobody wanted him. Now he listed as one of the CHI untouchables. Funny how things change from year to year with young players, isn't it?

With that in mind, hindsight and all, look back at the Carter trade. Do you think the Nets want JJ over CLee?

It's all Dwight Howard. Courtney Lee would be like a 14/5/5 player and probably an All-Star snub had he been kept. Basketball is a team sport that is individually dominated and Dwight Howard seems to do the most out of any player in the league to improve the team around him which, as far as I'm concerned, probably makes him the best player in the league. Maybe Lebron and a healthy Kobe but that's it.

Please tell me you're kidding with Lee averaging 14, 5 and 5.

Lee has already been struggling with an increased role player's role, I think one is left to wonder what more as someone who'd be running most of our offense?

Lee has 30+ MPG as a Net but he is only 11/5/2. All star? not that I can think of.

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Funny... used to be JJ had no value but Otis was trying to move him, now we want to keep him and people are calling.

Way to turn thigns around JJ!

Same thing applied to Joakim Noah the last couple years. There were rumors abound that Noah could be had cheap, but nobody wanted him. Now he listed as one of the CHI untouchables. Funny how things change from year to year with young players, isn't it?

With that in mind, hindsight and all, look back at the Carter trade. Do you think the Nets want JJ over CLee?

It's all Dwight Howard. Courtney Lee would be like a 14/5/5 player and probably an All-Star snub had he been kept. Basketball is a team sport that is individually dominated and Dwight Howard seems to do the most out of any player in the league to improve the team around him which, as far as I'm concerned, probably makes him the best player in the league. Maybe Lebron and a healthy Kobe but that's it.

Please tell me you're kidding with Lee averaging 14, 5 and 5.

Lee has already been struggling with an increased role player's role, I think one is left to wonder what more as someone who'd be running most of our offense?

Lee has 30+ MPG as a Net but he is only 11/5/2. All star? not that I can think of.

He's talking about averaging that while playing with Dwight, who makes everyone look 100x better (well, except Carter -_-)

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

quote:

I found this part of the article quite mind-blowing and insane:

quote:
Which is a shame, really, because he's doing other things, like defending and taking care of the ball, fairy well. And because it's taking attention away from J.J. Redick, his backup, currently in his fourth season. Redick buoyed the Magic in January, providing 11.1 points per game on a remarkably efficient 60.7% True Shooting. For perspective, only 8 guards have maintained that mark over an entire season since 2005/06: Ray Allen, Brent Barry, Chauncey Billups, Ronnie Brewer, Josh Childress, Manu Ginobili, Kevin Martin, and Steve Nash. Redick's poised to become the 9th member of that group.

OMG. If Redick ever gets a consistent 30+ minutes a game, or becomes the starter, he MUST be added in all fantasy leagues immediately.

I really believe that all the Magic are missing are starting Redick, play VC with the second unit for the first three quarters, and then go to the last stretch of games with Dwight-Shard-VC-Redick-Jameer, once VC gets in the flow again. Either that or Barnes if we really need a guy bothered and messed with like Wade or LeBron. Championship.

We maybe have found our true replacement for Hedo Turkoglu, and his name is not Vince Carter, but J.J. Redick. Yeah, I said it.

The world would certainly not implode if VC were to come off the bench and Redick start.

As far as Carter goes, it just isn't an easy fit chemistry wise. Looking back, which isn't important in a game like basketball, i wish we could have landed Allen with Lewis since they played together in Seattle.. Everyone is always saying how hard it is for Carter and Lewis to mesh and we wouldn't have that problem at all with both of the leagues sharpshooters... Carter is better at being a big fish in a little pond, but in the now, i still think we should keep him and re-sign him for as little as possible when his contract is up, he loves the area, and what's done is done, but i just wish it could have been Allen. Huah JJ Redick!