Sign in to follow this  
VinceCarter4life

OS article: SVG on VC, Dwight on Vince motivating him

VC might be the worst starting SG in the league, that is how bad he is. The fact that he continues to start is showing that SVG is afraid of what he might do if he was put on the bench where he belongs. The guy doesn't do anything and Otis can't trade him for anything right now.

with only 8 shot attempts, and one was an alley oop, so he had no choice but to slam it home

it seems like he's trying to defer to everyone else and have them get it done.

just needs to be more efficient while trying to do this. Who knows when we'll see the old VC again, I feel hopeless on that, Ive seen VC do many things, but Ive never seen him play this bad.

Oh well, I mean I'm glad to say we're winning with him tryiing to just be a role player.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Anyone else find it strange that Vince has been scoring in single digits for what feels like forever, but Stan is defending him?

Nothing strange about it at all. Unless a trade materializes, easier said than done, Vince will be with the team for the remainder of the season. He's just hitting him with positive feedback to downplay the pressuse that seems to be building.

The assumption here seems to be that Carter just sucks and he doesn't see it. I imagine Vince Carter in an extremely depressive state rught now. His dream scenario turning into a nightmare right in front of his near home town.

It has to get better, right? We all have to hope he's in a slump. JJ or no JJ, if Vince is done, it will be hard to go far this year.

Only shot Vince made today was that alley oop. Most of his shots didn't even make it to the top of the rim, they simply kissed off the bottom.

Oh and four personal fouls in under twenty minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

Only shot Vince made today was that alley oop. Most of his shots didn't even make it to the top of the rim, they simply kissed off the bottom.

ya ik... icon_frown.gif

at least it was a sick alley oop

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

ya ik... icon_frown.gif

at least it was a sick alley oop

Really? I thought he almost missed it.

Its funny because in Nov/Dec even tho Vince was playing decent we were still disappointed and expected better. Nobody saw this coming, I've been watching Vince his entire career and I can definitely say that this month has easily been the worst month of his career. Its difficult to put it into words, its just not Vince Carter out there.

I guess a positive way to look at it is that the team is winning and playing great despite him right now. He may never play like some of us expected him to but even if he goes back to playing like he did in Nov/Dec then this Magic team can still be a very dangerous team. I guarantee things get better, whether its a major shooting slump, the injuries or trouble adjusting (or all 3) things have to and will get better, players don't just fall off this dramatically for no reason.

quote:
Originally posted by habib11:

Its funny because in Nov/Dec even tho Vince was playing decent we were still disappointed and expected better. Nobody saw this coming, I've been watching Vince his entire career and I can definitely say that this month has easily been the worst month of his career. Its difficult to put it into words, its just not Vince Carter out there.

I guess a positive way to look at it is that the team is winning and playing great despite him right now. He may never play like some of us expected him to but even if he goes back to playing like he did in Nov/Dec then this Magic team can still be a very dangerous team. I guarantee things get better, whether its a major shooting slump, the injuries or trouble adjusting (or all 3) things have to and will get better, players don't just fall off this dramatically for no reason.

It might not be for no reason. The shoulder problem could be worse than we thought.