Magic16

We really do need to start J.J

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:
Originally posted by the anchovie:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

Redick got lucky with that 95 footer but I still dont think he needs to start he usually gets burned on the defensive end.

You need to step up and give Redick credit. Especially after you trashed him in the game thread.

Yea the guy hustles but when he gets burned on the defensive end it doesnt matter.

And Vince doesn't?

God, I wish Vince would have gotten his head split like Redick did. We all know what would happen: OUT FOR TWO WEEKS, whereas Redick came RIGHT BACK IN after getting stitches.

Keep on hating, you look like a fool.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Im not feeling Redick starting, dont think he'd do as well. I mean love Redick, but he's doing great OFF the bench, why not keep it good.

I like J Will, Carter, Lewis, Gortat, Dwight a lot. Huge lineup.

or J Will, Redick, Carter, Lewis, Dwight. All seem effective.

Redick is one hell of a player tho. big 3

I agree. I'm not sure he should start either. But the team can't keep putting themselves in a hole. So hopefully this win will get the team going.

I don't like Vince in crunch time, unless he can start to reestablish himself as a premiere scorer.

My 4th quarter crunch time lineup would be what we had tonight: Dwight, Gortat, Lewis, Williams, and Redick.

Maybe Redick shouldn't start, but he should get starter's minutes. He could be our prominent 6th man.

you dont like him in crunch time tonight...understandable.

but I bet you weren't saying you dont like him in crunch time when he hit the gamesealing/winning/tying shots in Boston, Miami, Charlotte, wherever else he roamed in the 4th quarter.

He was extremely clutch early on, and just 2 fgs shy from Kobe as most fgs in 4th quarter.

but Memphis and Boston tonight yes were terrible clutch. Good thing we won it tonight tho.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

I don't like Vince in crunch time, unless he can start to reestablish himself as a premiere scorer.

My 4th quarter crunch time lineup would be what we had tonight: Dwight, Gortat, Lewis, Williams, and Redick.

Maybe Redick shouldn't start, but he should get starter's minutes. He could be our prominent 6th man.

Like what ben gordon did with the bulls

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

This lineup would not work against teams with quick SFs, as they would blow by Lewis with ease. However I agree with Redick being out there for crunch time. Switch up JWill and Nelson (and either Pietrus for defense or Barnes) and you've got a winning 5. I don't understand why SVG left JWill on the court for that long (especially after 3 broken plays, 2 of which were bailed out thanks to Redick and Howard).

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

you dont like him in crunch time tonight...understandable.

but I bet you weren't saying you dont like him in crunch time when he hit the gamesealing/winning/tying shots in Boston, Miami, Charlotte, wherever else he roamed in the 4th quarter.

He was extremely clutch early on, and just 2 fgs shy from Kobe as most fgs in 4th quarter.

but Memphis and Boston tonight yes were terrible clutch. Good thing we won it tonight tho.

Carter >>> October/November.

Since then >>>> Carter.

Here and now, I don't like Vince in the clutch. I wish to whatever man-made deity you believe in that he would snap out of this funk. I really do. But I don't see it happening.

I miss Tar-heel Vince.

I like the idea of the Magic going to the basket on the last shot instead of shooting outside shots.

I think it happened just the way Stan drew it up. Throw the ball in and act like you don't know what to do. Have Lewis look like hes bailing out Redick and then drive to the goal. You know, throw them out of sink. lol

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

the tony allen that took two shots? I dont get it...

Now, if you mentioned ray allen...

As good as a defender as JJ has become, he's still crap defending the post, physical limitations.

I was using Tony Allen as an example because if he abuses JJ in the post, what are Joe Johnson, Kobe, Jackson, Butler, and any other SG that doesn't just run around screens all day gonna do?