Sign in to follow this  
BillFan

No matter how well Jameer plays...

quote:
Originally posted by pistolwastheman:

When a juvenile losses an argument based on facts they resort to foul mouth rants as a last resort. It is a great indication of a lower IQ and maturity level, so I won't waste any more time responding to you. It is clear you do not understand the real game of basketball.

Given that you completely misstated the major flaw in +/- while arguing its merits, I don't think you're in any position to be judging anyone.

One of the big flaws in +/- is that it's prone to massive swings in individual games, which is a problem that tends to iron itself out over large sample sizes. 1 games worth of the stat is, for purposes of discussion, almost meaningless.

If you're going to get offended everytime someone swears on the internet, you should probably just destroy your computer with a hammer.

And why is it that everyone must resort to a pissy "You clearly don't know basketball" EVERY time they write something that someone else disagrees with.

I'm an insufferable jackass, and even I only do it every 4 posts.

You make several good points. However it is not the swearing as much as in the context of cowardly name calling that some people resort to while hiding behind the screen of their computer that offends me more. What is the point of that? You can disagree without being disagreeable...no?

quote:

That is precisely why the season long differential is what is relevant and why the fact that Jameer is lurking at the bottom of the team is relevant and cause for debate and concern, not foul mouth rantings.

Fine, if you actually want to use the +/- stat, don't forget the EFF ratings (in which Jameer's is higher)

and also, how Jason Williams has played 16 more games than Nelson. If you were to use Nelson's average (which includes games playing injured and a 4 game losing streak where JWill hardly played through the tough stretches) you have Jameer sitting at 115. Only way to actually compare is when the team is fully healthy playing well, and then factoring in the games Jameer missed.

quote:
Did you actually watch the game or were you kissing Meer's picture on your wall?

quote:
Only a moron would site how great Jameer led the team when he was on the floor at -7 and how Williams didn't matter at +9 at crunch time. You do know that is a 16 point difference, don't you Mr moron?

Hypocrisy just slapped me in the face.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Hahah, amazing how one moron mentions Jameer giving up "career nights" and suddenly half the board believes Jameer is the worst PG in the league and we would be better off with JWill starting. Amazing how some people fail to realize how much better this team is when Jameer shoots well, and his ability to almost literally cut through the lane at will is essential for this team's offense (by either giving Dwight an easy score, leaving shooters on the perimeter open, or having Jameer himself finish). No one else on the team has the speed/quickness and willingness to drive like Jameer does.

Once his FG% gets up to 46% and above like it should, you'll see exactly how much better this team is when we actually have an effective scorer that'll make teams think twice about doubling Howard.

I see your point. When Jameer shoots well the Magic are a better team. That can be said for most of the team too. The only issue Jameer has it seems is turnovers and effective passing at the right time and the right spots for each shooter. The Magic system, with all of the shooters we have, fits well with true pass first PG's like Alston (last season) and JWill. Don't get me wrong, I love to see Jameer shoot and use dribble penetration making defenses collapse without getting the ball to Howard, however he has to learn not to force things and take care of the ball more. He tends to drive the ball inside when nothing is there, then pass the ball to the outside while he's in the air...a Van Gundy nightmare! Granted he's been out of the loop with the injuries and hasn't completely fit in with the team yet, but with the talent level of this team, Jameer should take his time and maybe watch and learn like he did in the 4th period last night against the Celtics. JWill can be the starter. He probably shouldn't be, but he can be for now until Meer adjusts. Just for the record, Jameer shot well in the 1st quarter.

People mention our offense works better with a "pass-first" PG, even though last year, we were our best when Jameer was still healthy (and playing incredibly well), while Howard still averaged his 20pts/game. Once we got Alston, we played almost like crap, but the offense still ran closely the same way, but with Hedo having Jameer's role. Alston averaged less assists, was close to an awful shooter (somewhere around 38% shooting), and had about the same amount of TOs Jameer has (keeping in mind he averaged less assists).

The huge difference between JWill and Jameer is that Jameer can get his own shot, and is essential during crunch time. VC is not getting it done this year, and I'd imagine once Nelson is 100% we'll see exactly how important he is (this is getting redundant now) to this team.

quote:

you're a ****ing moron if you honestly think VC has a positive impact on this team solely based on +/- stats.

To use your current EFF ratings instead of +/-for Magic guards:

Carter 13.46

Nelson 11.87

Hypocrisy just slapped you in the face again.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

That is precisely why the season long differential is what is relevant and why the fact that Jameer is lurking at the bottom of the team is relevant and cause for debate and concern, not foul mouth rantings.

Fine, if you actually want to use the +/- stat, don't forget the EFF ratings (in which Jameer's is higher)

and also, how Jason Williams has played 16 more games than Nelson. If you were to use Nelson's average (which includes games playing injured and a 4 game losing streak where JWill hardly played through the tough stretches) you have Jameer sitting at 115. Only way to actually compare is when the team is fully healthy playing well, and then factoring in the games Jameer missed.

Let's go one better: Ignore every shot Jameer missed this year and he is shooting 100%