Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would losing next 2 games force Otis to make deadline deal?(link)

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

amare doesnt play D. has knee issues. has eye issues. not a guy willing to take a backseat. Shows up to training camp out of shape often.

Plus I don't get the feeling Dwight and Amare care for each other too much.

i still think we should have kept the same roster as last year with a few changes. pick up barnes for sure and maybe a small trade with tony or aj and a pick maybe even jj for another solid part. that i thnk would have been it but cant think about it now. now i just want another heart player like barnes and like lee last year dont care who as long as they play hard

oh and to stay on subject if we do loose the next two games and dont make a change ill feel let down. so yes we better make a change if we loose the next two having said that i really hope we blow boston apart

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

Carter has not helped this team. I was not a big fan of Turk, but Turk and Lewis played well together and created match up problems. Carter is not a mismatch. Also, I do not believe that SVG is the coach to lead the Magic to a win in the finals. When you watch the great coaches such as Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Jerry Sloan and pops, SVG fails.

You couldn't have watched the first half of the season saying Carter hasn't helped the team. He won alot of those games by himself. He has been in a slump but that is false.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

Carter has not helped this team. I was not a big fan of Turk, but Turk and Lewis played well together and created match up problems. Carter is not a mismatch. Also, I do not believe that SVG is the coach to lead the Magic to a win in the finals. When you watch the great coaches such as Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Jerry Sloan and pops, SVG fails.

You couldn't have watched the first half of the season saying Carter hasn't helped the team. He won alot of those games by himself. He has been in a slump but that is false.

Calling it a slump is false.. Hes been sucking *** and killing the team. Thats more than a slump.

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

quote:

quote:

Calling it a slump is false.. Hes been sucking *** and killing the team. Thats more than a slump.

No contested threes, being out-rebounded in crunch time, turnovers and some questionable coaching have been the problem you can't just blame one person.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

quote:

quote:

No contested threes, being out-rebounded in crunch time, turnovers and some questionable coaching have been the problem you can't just blame one person.

I'm not just blaming Vince but he has been the go to guy and hes been failing for the most part. But seriously.. so has the rest of the team.

They need to learn to be able to switch from 3 ball to 2 ball. SVG needs to coach better as well.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Steve Kyler

The same Steve Kyler that pointed out the Vince chemistry might not work this summer and everyone laughed and insulted him...not saying it won't still work but so far it hasn't.

except it worked just fine early in the season.

but you've been sucking up to kyler for a while....

Easier to say then do. I don't see Otis making a move just for the hell of it. We're gonna ride this Vinceperiment into the summer, and with failure will look to make some changes in the off-season. Contracts alone make this the path we'll have to follow.

quote:
but if you have followed Orlando long enough - Otis is stubborn and unwilling to make change just to change.

Is this a compliment? Can't say I've ever heard of a good GM that makes a change midseason just for the hell of it.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Steve Kyler

The same Steve Kyler that pointed out the Vince chemistry might not work this summer and everyone laughed and insulted him...not saying it won't still work but so far it hasn't.

except it worked just fine early in the season.

but you've been sucking up to kyler for a while....

Haven't spoken to him since last summer...via internet or phone.

Smack has developed a pretty good rapport with him...or anybody else for that matter...he has been known to give out info privately...if he trusts you.

You guys give it a shot if you like...