Sign in to follow this  
i HATE Rich DeVos

Apple unveils new feminine hygiene product

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

i can see the line of funny parodies being produced now.

yes, the possibilities are endless, aren't they?

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

i can see the line of funny parodies being produced now.

yes, the possibilities are endless, aren't they?

you can surf the web when you're surfing the crimson wave- ipad

I thought it would be hella expensive but I found out they start out @ $499 which is not bad when an iPod touch is $300. But it better support shockwave and other video types.

I just don't get what Apple is looking to accomplish with this thing. Isn't it essentially an oversized iPod at this point? Do they think it will take over as someones primary laptop?

I just really don't get it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I just don't get what Apple is looking to accomplish with this thing. Isn't it essentially an oversized iPod at this point? Do they think it will take over as someones primary laptop?

its marketed for the new enterprising Moses looking to enter the 21st century. Stone Tablets are now a thing of the past.

quote:

its an ipod & kindle & a netbook combined. the ipad will have itunes the app store and a new itunes like book store.

the kindle and nook are very popular items but this should kill both because apple can produce more product and at a faster rate, while kindle has a long waiting list. i was in B&N today and saw a nook and it looks like a bigger newton with more buttons

http://www.apple.com/ipad/#video

btw im not a mac fanboy i just love my ipod touch and interested to see if theres anything that would translate to a new touch

people who buy kindles aren't really frugal. you spend hundreds of dollars to buy something where you can read a book digitally. Why not just buy 20 books with that money.

The only benefit i could see is if they catered more toward the college student. Having all my textbooks on one device would make sense and it would be cost effective as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

The only benefit i could see is if they catered more toward the college student. Having all my textbooks on one device would make sense and it would be cost effective as well.

i saw on cnbc a couple weeks back that there is a digital text book coming down the pike

quote:

If Apple thinks this is going to make people forget about laptops...nay...netbooks then they have another thing coming.

IT DOESN'T EVEN SUPPORT FLASH. REALLY APPLE?

it will compete with netbooks and i dont know if the pad supports flash or not i only know that apple is blocking shockwave from the ipod touch. shockwave already has the ability to make it so, but for some reason apple is being a d!ck about it for the touch. what i want to know is if the pad supports shockwave, because if it does im sure there will be an update that will add flash to the touch.