Sign in to follow this  
fishybashi

Barnes is the Magic's new and improved Hedo!

quote:
Originally posted by HoopsCzar:

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

WOW, you know what maybe i was WRONG

Matt Barnes "best overall player on the magic" after tonights performance, im on the band wagon!

What an incredible performance

I would love to hear your reaction to this stat line

tonight was his 6th game with 0 points this season, and also has another game of 1 points, but he is the best overall player on our team right LOL

Can it Clown boy,..

See if you knew anything about the game of basketball or the floor sciences it entails to deem a players worth you'd be dangerous. Sure Matt Barnes was scoreless and he only took 3 shots. Yet not only is there the fact that had he continued to shoot he'd made some. But see with Nelson going 4-8, Redick going 4-6, J. Will going 3-7 and Pietrus going 0-5. Absolutely doesn't rule out that had Barnes shot volume he could have matched all guards percentages and still performed better than 0-5 Pietrus,..Carter only hit 6 out of his 15 volume shots.

See to be the best overall player is more inclusive than just shooting and Barnes was no waste on the floor in this Van Gundy mis-scripted loss. Especially with unlike others Barnes continues showing himself to be far more than singled faceted player,..prepare to get schooled.

See in his mere 28 scoreless minutes not only did he total floor contribute and defend well. He contributed well enough to have tied for 2nd in rebounds, assists and steals. In per minutes play he protected and distributed the basketball better than anybody else as a guard and rebounded tops among forwards,..and took the less shots.

In fact scoreless or not you try taking Mr. Barnes' contributions away from that game and you end up on the receiving end of getting blown out,..by the Memphis Grizzlies?

So don't dare think your frustration with how horridly Stan Van Gundy is botching this team up. Would in anyway allow or support your alleging Matt Barnes or any other player is to blame for that. So now try posting some of THAT up,..baby boy.

dumbfounded.jpg

Never once did i say Matt Barnes is to blame for the loss, all i pointed out was that he is not our overall best player once again, and all you could come back is with well he distributed the ball and played good defense, thumbs up man

his 6th game of 0 points, thats a joke

Listen, i don't mind bold statements or predictions but they should at least have merit, this doesn't at all, HE IS a big part of our team obviously and is a player the magic need to make a run at an nba Championship, BUT he is no where near the best overall player on our team, sorry

quote:

Never once did i say Matt Barnes is to blame for the loss, all i pointed out was that he is not our overall best player once again, and all you could come back is with well he distributed the ball and played good defense, thumbs up man

Listen, i don't mind bold statements or predictions but they should at least have merit, this doesn't at all, HE IS a big part of our team obviously and is a player the magic need to make a run at an nba Championship, BUT he is no where near the best overall player on our team, sorry

Ok then,..

Granted we see it differently and where I say Matt Barnes is the best overall player on the team. With difference and to you if it's not Matt Barnes that's the best overall player on this team who is?,..

quote:

quote:

Ok then,..

Granted we see it differently and where I say Matt Barnes is the best overall player on the team. With difference and to you if it's not Matt Barnes that's the best overall player on this team who is?,..

Without question, not even close, Dwight Howard

He is by far the best defensive player on our team and is arguably the best defensive player in the entire league, he is the best rebounder in the league, and even though he has much room for improvement on offense he is probably our 2nd best scoring option (maybe even our best) behind vince when he is right

Dwight Howard is the only person on this team that has any chance of being picked as a player you would build a team around.

Absolutely no one in their right mind would build a team around Matt Barnes. There is a reason that Dwight is an All-Star and Matt Barnes is a role player.

quote:

quote:

Without question, not even close, Dwight Howard

He is by far the best defensive player on our team and is arguably the best defensive player in the entire league, he is the best rebounder in the league, and even though he has much room for improvement on offense he is probably our 2nd best scoring option (maybe even our best) behind vince when he is right

See and there we disagree,..

Where we agree that Dwight is a fantastic force, dominant positional player and franchise anchor of this team. But to even be considered as the overall best player on a team. Is an evaluation equation that taps into total floor game and versatility to play more than one position.

See there's no perfect team and with the salary cap and overall strengths and weaknesses on a team. Those various imperfections hinge upon positional depth and player versatility looming large in determining how much value a player can extract from self and team mates.

So on that scale Dwight doesn't fit that " overall best " player criteria and even as a positional analysis. He has to develop a shot to add to his offense, become more accurate on his free throws as to not become a foul outlet liability for opponents to attack. As well as he has to get a better grasp on the art of passing the basketball.

Where not a standalone superstar Matt Barnes can't play the post anywhere in Howard's stratosphere. But he has a far better shot arsenal, light years better ball skills as a handler and passer and he excels as a rebounder whom defends as a ball thief and shot blocker. Which where he fills more gaps Barnes can give you all that from " 4 " different positions.

See unlike Howard being synonymous with double, doubles and capable of a triple double in points, rebounds and blocks. Matt Barnes brings such an array of versatility to the floor that he's not foreign to recording double doubles either. But he's even led the team in scoring, rebounding, assists, steals, shot blocks and even free throw percentage,..that's immense.

So where Dwight Howard is hands down the best positional player. On the alternate spectrum Matt Barnes is unquestionably the best overall total floor athlete and multi dimension element on this team,..and there's a difference and there's no doubt about their differing distinctions.

Where Howard is best at getting the ball it's Barnes who's best at putting and keeping it in play,..and he's extremely effective at playing support man clean up.

michael-beasley-matt-barnes-dwight-howard-2009-12-17-21-44-5.jpg

Once again this 4 position statement, has Matt Barnes ever played point guard for us? NO, Will he ever? NO. Has Matt Barnes ever played PF for us? Not that i have seen, could you even picture matt barnes trying to guard Carlos Boozer? Tim Duncan? ETC, come on...

Dwight howard can play 2 positions too, PF and C so there you go.

Barnes is a SF who can also play SG and is very athletic.

So lets break it down in "your terms"

What Matt Barnes has going for him:

He can play more than one position, better ball handler, and better passer and thats about it and the last two are givens.

What Dwight Howard has going for him:

Best Rebounder in the league, Best defensive player in the league, Probably the best shot blocker in the league, Probably the best scorer on our team even with as much room that he can improve on, HE DRAWS DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMS which open up the rest of the court for our offense for wide open shots and easy baskets, He can easily get the other teams big men in foul trouble and the list goes on and on

again....its not even CLOSE

Hoopsczar, the problem here is that you're an absolute idiot.

The best all around player on the team is Dwight Howard by a huge margin. If you factor in everything both players do at the level they do them, Dwight's ability to finish at the rim, help on defense, and defend the glass are a lot better than everything Matt Barnes brings to the 4 positions he's capable of playing put together. Matt Barnes is fitting a niche very nicely here but that niche is mostly formed by Dwight Howard being on the court with him. As a matter of fact, Barnes has already proven to be flatout inefficient and subpar playing off the bench and it's becoming more and more obvious that his good play is moreso caused by Dwight's presence than any individual skill Matt may possess.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

Hoopsczar, the problem here is that I'm an absolute idiot.

The best all around player on the team is Dwight Barnes by a huge margin. If you factor in everything both players do at the level they do them, Dwight's ability to finish at the rim, help on defense, and defend the glass are a lot better than everything Matt Barnes brings to the 4 positions he's capable of playing put together. Matt Barnes is fitting a niche very nicely here but that niche is mostly formed by Dwight Howard being on the court with him. As a matter of fact, Barnes has already proven to be flatout inefficient and subpar playing off the bench and it's becoming more and more obvious that his good play is moreso caused by Dwight's presence than any individual skill Matt may possess.

202-1.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by ClubMed:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nabeca:

hedo just won another game for raptors. what about barnes?

Incredible,..

Sir,.. that's absolutely, positively got to be the dumbest miss the mark stammering of a hit or miss display that's every been waged,..ROTFFLMAO !!!

Hedo hit free throw and Raptors win game. So by such " INFAMOUS " wis-dumb him must be king of court,..huh?

Here's the Bullseye,..

51RZPVEYPWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

you watch Raptors games too???? You are amazing, yopu have eyes and ears all around the globe, nothing passes by you except that it was Raps last possession and they won the game with those free throws. Ok, you dont like the term game winning free throws. then use the term dishwashing freethrows. But even that wont change the fact that Raps beat the Lakers with Hedos free throws. Oh, by he way somebody told me vince tried 4 3's in last 60 seconds. now we all kow a chubby vince Carter is even worse than a pizza eating fadeaway shooting, defenseless, hustle handicapped Hedo. Right?

whoa, whoa, whoa. what do vince's ill-advised three point shots have to do with the fact that although hedo may have been the lucky final foul shot taker, he did not, in any way, singularly win the game for the raptors?

quote:

quote:

Once again this 4 position statement, has Matt Barnes ever played point guard for us? NO, Will he ever? NO. Has Matt Barnes ever played PF for us? Not that i have seen, could you even picture matt barnes trying to guard Carlos Boozer? Tim Duncan? ETC, come on...

Dwight howard can play 2 positions too, PF and C so there you go.

Barnes is a SF who can also play SG and is very athletic.

So lets break it down in "your terms"

What Matt Barnes has going for him:

He can play more than one position, better ball handler, and better passer and thats about it and the last two are givens.

What Dwight Howard has going for him:

Best Rebounder in the league, Best defensive player in the league, Probably the best shot blocker in the league, Probably the best scorer on our team even with as much room that he can improve on, HE DRAWS DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMS which open up the rest of the court for our offense for wide open shots and easy baskets, He can easily get the other teams big men in foul trouble and the list goes on and on

again....its not even CLOSE

Ok now it's clear,..

Regardless to giving you a wide open look of unblemished reality based within non biased opinion. In your world you want Dwight Howard to be anointed the best overall player regardless to what the facts reveal that he's not. So by all means have it your way in your world and cap it off with hailing Stan Van Gundy as coach of the year too,..ROTFFLMAO !!!

Tunnel vision is a individualistic flaw and peering into it is far from any phenomenon,..

life-aquatic.jpg

haha i have nothing more to say on this, you obviously have matt barnes goggles on, and maybe you should actually watch magic games or something thats all i can say

You know what, the best all around player is probably sitting at his plush office counting his money he made by selling starbucks. You know who I am talking about right, "Magic" HoopzCzar??

When you call somebody "all around player" stop and think.

Being an all around player is not that easy.

D12 maynot dribble, may be able to pay only 2 positions, but he is much more versatile then Barnes.

D + O = versatility.(Dwight)

Barnes - hoopzczar = fan boy without an idol.