Sign in to follow this  
PRAY_4_WAR

WHY VAN GUNDY? WHY?

Let me start by saying that I'm not a Magic fan, I'm a Cavs fan. But, for all you Orlando fans I would be absolutly furious about Van Gundy's coaching. Dwight Howard is the best center I have ever seen in my life, he is an absolute MONSTER! Yet Van Gundy whould rather have someone fire a 20 footer than give the ball to Howard. That's why Orlando will NEVER win a championship as long as Van Gundy is coach. Orlando could have an easy gameplan to win a championship: give it to Howard in the post, every trip down floor. Unless Howard is triple teamed, it's an automatic two (or three if fouled). I mean Howard is a freak of nature, he is Shaq and Wilt wrapped up in one. How can you not give him the ball nine out of every ten times down court? It completly behooves me! Watch what happens when Orlando gets a real "old school" coach in there, they'll win title after title. Howard, with the proper coaching could be the best player to ever step on the court, besides Jordan of coarse. Unreal, how Van Gundy doesn't see that.

Let me start by saying that I'm not a Magic fan, I'm a Cavs fan. But, for all you Orlando fans I would be absolutly furious about Van Gundy's coaching. Dwight Howard is the best center I have ever seen in my life, he is an absolute MONSTER! Yet Van Gundy whould rather have someone fire a 20 footer than give the ball to Howard. That's why Orlando will NEVER win a championship as long as Van Gundy is coach. Orlando could have an easy gameplan to win a championship: give it to Howard in the post, every trip down floor. Unless Howard is triple teamed, it's an automatic two (or three if fouled). I mean Howard is a freak of nature, he is Shaq and Wilt wrapped up in one. How can you not give him the ball nine out of every ten times down court? It completly behooves me! Watch what happens when Orlando gets a real "old school" coach in there, they'll win title after title. Howard, with the proper coaching could be the best player to ever step on the court, besides Jordan of coarse. Unreal, how Van Gundy doesn't see that.

Oh hey, ElMayi. What's up? I'm kinda bummed they called me in to work tomorrow, but at least I won't be there past 4pm.

quote:
Originally posted by PRAY_4_WAR:

excellent post, even fans from other teams see it. Certainly embarrassing that this dumb *** is coaching this team

Van Dumby makes this team a joke. I've never seen a biggest mismanagement of a talented team in my many years as an NBA fan.

Our owners are clueless. They seem to love hiring coaches who have already being fired because they can't coach worth a crap. They already re-hired Brian Hill (who honestly never had as much player talent as our current coach has been given on a silver platter). I hope when they give SVG the boot we can find someone who's not another inept.

Its ironic to me... that a cavs fan would criticize a coach and system that was so hard for your team to match up to that we took you in 6 games last year...

You guys are going to criticize a coach that took this team from being swept in the first round the year before he got here, to the finals only two years later. A coach who helped produce a MIP in his first year. A coach who hired Ewing almost as soon as he got here and Dwights numbers jumped that same year.

And the answer to you post is the word, 'balance'.

Here lets hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson 45 times and see if the defense doesn't adjust.

Is SVG perfect? Nah, we had some terrible shot selection (which he should discourage) and our mental stamina is vulnerable, but there's a point were the liability rest on the players, GM as much as the coach.

oh and btw Dwights only 24 yo. You talk as if he's nearing the end of his career. He's just now getting comfortable to all those moves he pulled in the first half.

I re-read your post Floriana and still sounds very noobish

I will tell you this though, the pathetic excuse that Dwight is only 24 yrs old isn't very convincing. This team's players are already pretty experienced. It don't matter how young Dwight is, he's already a veteran in term of years in the league. Dwight just needs help (inside help) instead of these small soft 3pt shooter lineups Stan has a hard on for. Dwight is frustrated by the lack of inside players he puts on the court.

Our PF? is not even one and is usually camping outside the 3, and this is by the coach's command. Not by the players choice, or because they are "lazy" or "don't want to win" these are just BS excuses after every press conference by a coach who is an inept at coaching. The guy is stubborn, obviously not very intelligent and as if weren't enough has an ego.

No wonder he's not liked very much.

All Dwight needs is a clean up guy he can hand it to while he's double teamed. Bass would fill that role perfectly, but coach thinks it's better to go for the 3s, even though we could be shooting a much higher % getting points in the paint, and getting the opposing front courts to foul out.

Few (if any) teams would be able to handle a Howard-Bass front line.

quote:
Originally posted by ElMayi:

I re-read your post Floriana and still sounds very noobish

I will tell you this though, the pathetic excuse that Dwight is only 24 yrs old isn't very convincing. This team's players are already pretty experienced. It don't matter how young Dwight is, he's already a veteran in term of years in the league. Dwight just needs help (inside help) instead of these small soft 3pt shooter lineups Stan has a hard on form. Dwight is frustrated by the lack of inside players he puts on the court.

Our PF? is not even one and is usually camping outside the 3, and this is by the coach's command. Not by the players choice, or because they are "lazy" or "don't want to win" these are just BS excuses after every press conference by a coach who is an inept at coaching. The guy is stubborn obviously not very intelligent and has an ego.

No wonder he's not liked very well.

its funny when someone who just joined the forum and everyone avoids tries to call someone else a noob... eitherway...

being 24 is not a pathetic excuse... Hakeem Olajawon didn't fully solidify his 'dream shake' until later in his career right before the Rockets starting winning rings.

Shaq didn't win a title until he was 28.

And was the first half of this game not an indicator for how young Dwight is? He showed moves that clearly he isn't comfortable with yet but are still relatively new to his bag of tricks.

Not to mentional all players, in all sports, develop at a different rate. Im gonna go out on a limb and say that leading the league in rebs and blocks is a pretty good effort at improvement though.

and I don't know why you cant absorb the fact that the 3 point shooting creates space for Dwight. a lot of analysts and fans, myself included, think we wouldn't have beat the Cavs without our system - that created matchup problems for them.

SVG came in here and changed this team and but now were 4th in the East and you want to kick him out half way through the season.

and who said he's not liked very well? Didn't he win Coach of the month in Nov? wasn't he a couple of NBA analysts pick for coach of the year last year? Your part of the few.