Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hindsight

Arenas to Orlando?

From Ben Q. Rock of TQC...

quote:

Smith has a long-standing policy of not signing or trading for anyone with character issues. When asked during the 2008 free-agency period about the chances of signing Jamaal Tinsley or Stephon Marbury to bolster the Magic's point guard depth, Smith shook his head and told Brian Schmitz, "You know me."

Arenas is a bit different, though. As David Steele of NBA FanHouse (not to be confused with the Magic broadcaster of the same name) has written, Arenas is more of a goofball than a thug. And Smith knows Arenas personally, whereas he didn't know Tinsley or Marbury.

I suspect we haven't heard the last of this rumor.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpo...a-potential#comments

If guess, if the price is right and no one else is willing to throw money at him. This is not a buy-out guy. This would be a player who just lost 100 million and does not (or will anytime soon) make money on endorsements.

Talent is talent, but somehow I see someone like the Knicks throwing more money on him than he's worth.

It's not worth discussing. Arenas could be spending years in jail. Even if he gets off with no jail time, Stern is going to suspend him.

But it does make sense as long as Otis is here.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

It's not worth discussing. Arenas could be spending years in jail. Even if he gets off with no jail time, Stern is going to suspend him.

Did he kill someone and I didn't hear about it? 60 days max. As far as a suspension, it will be up to Arenas to play the part but he should be back later this year.

For the min or even MLE? Of course. It's Gilbert Arenas guys. Some of you wanted Nate Robinson.

And he doesn't even have to start. Let him come off the bench and be a legitimate sixth man ala Ginobli, Crawford, etc. who just come in and lights up opposing defenses.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

Did he kill someone and I didn't hear about it? 60 days max. As far as a suspension, it will be up to Arenas to play the part but he should be back later this year.

Plaxico Burress got two years for shooting himself. I thought I remember hearing Arenas could spend up to five, but I'm no expert on this and haven't paid serious attention to it. We shall see, but I can't see Gilbert playing another game this season. Next year at the earliest.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Plaxico Burress got two years for shooting himself. I thought I remember hearing Arenas could spend up to five, but I'm no expert on this and haven't paid serious attention to it. We shall see, but I can't see Gilbert playing another game this season. Next year at the earliest.

the gun laws are very strict in NY and the DA wanted to make a name for himself and really stuck it to Plaxico..agent zero they say will not spend long in jail if at all..i know i joked about him wanting to come here because you can legally carry a gun..had he been a magic player with a registerd gun as far as i know the only rules he would have broken would have been the nba and whatever rules the clubs has..he wouldn't be facing any jail time..

quote:

quote:

If by later this year you mean in the 2010-2011 season, then perhaps.

But for now, he will be suspended until JUDGMENT DAY (which is during March), will get a sentence of at least 2 months, and then wait on Stern clears him to play, which could last from 1 month to never again.