Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

Barnes says team has no heart

the only time the magic play like they're supposed to is when we're down 20 going into the 4th. Then somehow they remember what needs to be done and give it their all. SVG needs to get them to have that mentality before the game is out of reach.

it reminds me of my golf game. I usually put too much pressure on myself early and end up w/ back to back triples. then when i know im not going to have a really good round the pressures off and ill end up shooting an 80.

quote:
Originally posted by ginter:

the only time the magic play like they're supposed to is when we're down 20 going into the 4th. Then somehow they remember what needs to be done and give it their all.

+1. This happens every ****ing game.

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

quote:
Originally posted by ginter:

the only time the magic play like they're supposed to is when we're down 20 going into the 4th. Then somehow they remember what needs to be done and give it their all.

+1. This happens every ****ing game.

duh dont you think this has something to do with it being garbage time and the other team is gooring around and putting in their scrubbs with the big lead .

barnes is really playing hard and i admitted i was wrong about him, but a starter on a team trying to win a championship is a strech. i think howard, nelson, and vince, have an inflated opinion of themselves. they just laugh it off like it is not happening. lewis however has never been a defensive guy nor a rebounder. he is a scorer. i belive he is trying but he is not getting shots because nelson can't do much more than shoot. vc is just a black hole and so far a poor decision maker. other teams are doing a good job on howard because his game is limited and can't shoot ft's. the team needs to push the ball and take advantage of it's speed, play harder on defense, and move the ball quickly. a line up change is necessary for this to happen. until they do that they are in trouble.

It doesn't surprise me that those comments would come from Matt. He has played through some crappy stuff in his past, and i can see how he cannot understand what's going on here. He probably came here thinking like many of the fans, and now his comments echo many of the fans frustrations.

It was Dwight's comments after that game that got my attention. In particular, this:

quote:
It's effort. Every game we're being outworked on both ends. We have to get ourselves going and it starts with me being the leader. I have to get myself going. We're all frustrated with the way we're playing. But we can't play well when we're frustrated. We got to play free. If I'm frustrated, it falls on the rest of my teammates. It has an effect on the whole team."

Isn't there a way to learn to play through emotion, or learn not to be distracted by emotion when you are performing? Isn't there some sports psychology or techniques that can address this mentality? Some people let anger or fear or whatever distract them, but others use it and feed off of it and it makes them work harder. I think you can teach this, but the person has to recognize that it's a flawed way of thinking.

tonight is judgement day, did Barnes fire up his team or did he create space as an outsider now? Regardless, I support Barnes. Hopefully the attitudes have been adjusted and their hearts are beating again.

quote:
Originally posted by bballbabe:

It doesn't surprise me that those comments would come from Matt. He has played through some crappy stuff in his past, and i can see how he cannot understand what's going on here. He probably came here thinking like many of the fans, and now his comments echo many of the fans frustrations.

It was Dwight's comments after that game that got my attention. In particular, this:

quote:
It's effort. Every game we're being outworked on both ends. We have to get ourselves going and it starts with me being the leader. I have to get myself going. We're all frustrated with the way we're playing. But we can't play well when we're frustrated. We got to play free. If I'm frustrated, it falls on the rest of my teammates. It has an effect on the whole team."

Isn't there a way to learn to play through emotion, or learn not to be distracted by emotion when you are performing? Isn't there some sports psychology or techniques that can address this mentality? Some people let anger or fear or whatever distract them, but others use it and feed off of it and it makes them work harder. I think you can teach this, but the person has to recognize that it's a flawed way of thinking.

This goes back to when we were talking about how people prepare themselves for competition. Each individual is different. Some people get mad and that focus them and they get in a zone by being focused others get mad and become flustered and thus fall apart. Obviously Dwight gets angry and flustered. When he is flustered what do we see... Well horrible running hooks and stupid fouls.